• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

George Springer signs with the Blue Jays (6 years, $150 million)

mmc

Angels sign Pujols  (age 31) for 10/250 who had a career WAR of 86.6 at the time of the signing.

Blue Jays sign Springer (age 31) for 6/150 who has a career WAR of 27.5.

Justin Upton's current career WAR at age 32 is 33.9 with two recent and short horrific playing years.

I don't see this as a good contract for the Jays....am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Angels sign Pujols  (age 31) for 10/250 who had a career WAR of 86.6 at the time of the signing.

Justin Upton's current career WAR at age 32 is 33.9 with two recent and short horrific playing years.

Desperate team trying to lure the prom queen on a date. You gotta overpay!

55 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Can't tell until you see how productive Springer is.  

Angels got very little production, so it wasn't worth it, and was a bad contract.  

35 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Can't tell until you see how productive Springer is.  

Angels got very little production, so it wasn't worth it, and was a bad contract.  

In hindsight, it has been a horrific contract.  However, in comparison, Pujols looked like a better bet than Springer.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

I hate to see a cheater like Springer get paid, but on the bright side - it's nice to see the window has closed for Houston.

I wouldn’t say the window is closed... but it’s closing rapidly. They have about 2 more years of decent ball in them until the rebuild happens.