• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Fangraphs released their top 41 list for us...A kind of disappointing. But IDk...I'm a little more Bias. 

1. I do agreed with their assessment of Detmers. I see more of a 3 ceiling than a 2. But it's a safe number 3.

2. I'm more biased on bachman, and have him higher than Detmers, and his stuff his much better than but there grading him as. I have him as 55 Overall type of Prospect.

3. Junk is a good 3rd pitch away from being a good starter or a BP arm.

4. I have paris much higher

5. Daniel's is a good 3rd pitch away from being 3/4 starter

6.  Marceaux is an interesting pitcher. If he both of his Breaking pitches, flashes plus, and he gains a few miles on his Velo, plus with the above-average control, he has a # 3 type of ceiling. 

Here's the list:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-41-prospects-los-angeles-angels/

11 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Fangraphs released their top 41 list for us...A kind of disappointing. But IDk...I'm a little more Bias. 

1. I do agreed with their assessment of Detmers. I see more of a 3 ceiling than a 2. But it's a safe number 3.

2. I'm more biased on bachman, and have him higher than Detmers, and his stuff his much better than but there grading him as. I have him as 55 Overall type of Prospect.

3. Junk is a good 3rd pitch away from being a good starter or a BP arm.

4. I have paris much higher

5. Daniel's is a good 3rd pitch away from being 3/4 starter

6.  Marceaux is an interesting pitcher. If he both of his Breaking pitches, flashes plus, and he gains a few miles on his Velo, plus with the above-average control, he has a # 3 type of ceiling. 

Here's the list:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-41-prospects-los-angeles-angels/

I really think there is some Sonny Gray potential there for Marceaux.

Edited by rafibomb

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They had Soriano taken first overall last year and the farm had an off year.  Guessing it's a nothing-burger.

That was the MLB portion though.

Realistically I imagine it's simply because they were able to protect almost any minor leaguer who even had fringe value. A bunch of them are on 40-man relief depth anyways.

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That was the MLB portion though.

Realistically I imagine it's simply because they were able to protect almost any minor leaguer who even had fringe value. A bunch of them are on 40-man relief depth anyways.

Yes, some would argue that's the most important portion of the rule V draft.  The minor league portion is mostly guys that have been around forever and failed to move up or old guys..   

Angels don't have a lot of old guys originally drafted by the team in the lower levels and the vast majority of their young guys of any real merit weren't eligible.

17 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'm not really Surprise by how our system looks. We've finally reached the point where our young talent has either reached the mlb or have busted. Now its a new cycle, depeinding on how guys do (if they breakout or not) will detmine the state of our system. 

There's no one else who we expected much from who's busted.  

I think certain guys just carry the necessary skill set and athleticism that they're almost guaranteed to become major leaguers. Jordyn Adams and Jeremiah Jackson are two of those individuals. 

The fact that Adams is unlikely to learn to consistently hit major league pitching will prevent him from being a regular, but because of his speed, defense and immense upside, he'll likely always find himself employed, at least in a reserve capacity. 

And with Jackson, it's unlikely he'll ever make enough contact to make good on all that power, but he is streaky. He has the necessary athleticism to play a decent defensive infield and in a reserve roll, he may catch fire and hit 10 HR's while filling in for six weeks, and then never make contact again. Still teams love having that sort of potential in a reserve roll. 

And that'll likely be the legacy of Matt Swanson and Billy Eppler. Their first and second round picks will have all had degrees of potential, and all will end up being major leaguers, which is a success in and of itself, but I'm not sure why will have truly made good on their potential. 

I think it’s still too early to pass judgment on Jackson and Adams.  What is their off season regimen?  

How will they perform in spring?  Or in AA, for that matter?  They are both still very young. 

That being said, as pieces to bring in a guy like Castillo, I wouldn’t hesitate to include one of them.  Not both, just one.  And my preference would be to keep Jackson.