• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Astros

Stradling

The Angels are a bad team that lost a bunch of games early.  The Astros are a bad team that won a bunch of games early.  The Astros will be lucky to finish over .500 and quite frankly I don’t know if they will finish next week above .500.  They are currently 3 games over.  They play us one more time tomorrow.  Then they have a 5 game series, including a double header against the A’s then play the Dodgers next weekend for 2 games.  Would not be at all surprised to see them go 2-6 or 3-5 over the next week.

5 hours ago, ScottT said:

Neither team is a bad team.

Well we certainly are.  I’m as big of a homer as there is and we have a line up that currently has 5 or 6 guys batting under .200.  Sure Upton and Ohtani have much greater ability than that.  We play fundamentaly poor baseball and we have very few (being kind) guys we feel confident with in the bullpen.  

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

Neither team is a bad team.

The Angels are a bad team.  Bad teams are consistently inconsistent in all aspects of the game, good teams tend to be consistent in most aspects of the game.  Great teams are consistent in all aspects of the game.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well we certainly are.  I’m as big of a homer as there is and we have a line up that currently has 5 or 6 guys batting under .200.  Sure Upton and Ohtani have much greater ability than that.  We play fundamentaly poor baseball and we have very few (being kind) guys we feel confident with in the bullpen.  

This team is much better than their current record indicates. They've been bad, but they aren't bad.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

This team is much better than their current record indicates. They've been bad, but they aren't bad.

They were a better team with the three they traded away and with a healthy Fletcher.  Without those four, look at our line up.  It’s objectively “average” with a few really good players. 

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

The Nationals were not consistent throughout 2019.

Your point?

I never said the Nationals were a great team.  I said great teams are consistent in all aspects of the game.  The beauty of the game is that the game still needs to be played and anything can happen in a given game.

Astros are down Verlander, Bregman, Alvarez and now Altuve...    Let's not lose track of that.

Their biggest issues moving forward are that Verlander may still be looking at TJS and that their farm system has pretty much bottomed out.   Once Whitley is up, it's pretty barren.

How they handle their FA eligible players in the next year or two will go a long ways towards determining whether people should start questioning their status as contenders.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

The Astros are really missing Altuve's .218 batting average and .596 OPS

Yep, much like the Angels were missing Upton all year.  But even at those awful numbers he's been better than Diaz, Mayfield, and Stubbs.  I wouldn't mind him turning into their AP.  Hes got four more years at 29 mil per after this one!

Also the Astros aren't the only team that are about 5 games ahead of us. The Yanks and Blue Jay's are tied with the Stros for the 6- 8th seat. 

Best is that they both okay each other about 10 more games, if we continue to win, and either the stros collapse and or the the Jay and Yanks fight it out, we have a Lets say the the yanks and Jay split their 10 games, 5-5. we'll have a shot!

We just need to win! I think if we can win 10-12 games of the next 18, we should have good shot!

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Also the Astros aren't the only team that are about 5 games ahead of us. The Yanks and Blue Jay's are tied with the Stros for the 6- 8th seat. 

Best is that they both okay each other about 10 more games, if we continue to win, and either the stros collapse and or the the Jay and Yanks fight it out, we have a Lets say the the yanks and Jay split their 10 games, 5-5. we'll have a shot!

We just need to win! I think if we can win 10-12 games of the next 18, we should have good shot!

The Astros are the only one that matters.  

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

You missed the point. The Yankees and Jays aren't in our division.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Off.

Bullpen has been horrible.

So the SP and bats have been fine?

Again, Ive watched or listened to maybe 15-20 innings total this year.

The pen doesnt surprise me, because its been so bad for so long. But have the SP been good?

And as far as bats, all ive seen on here is that trout is off, and upton and ohtani have sucked. (But again, ive only seen a handful of at bats from either)

Geez, just realizing, ive only seen maybe 5 Rendon at bats...

Just hasnt been a huge priority for me to watch this year.