• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brian Goodwin traded to the Reds for Packy Naughton and Jose Salvador

mmc

Thaiss absolutely deserves a shot.  People calling him a failure are really over reacting.  While a .715 OPS or whatever it was in his rookie season isn’t great, it is still not horrible and it was in his first call up.  I would be starting him every day right now.  I’d probably give Ohtani the rest of the year off.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thaiss absolutely deserves a shot.  People calling him a failure are really over reacting.  While a .715 OPS or whatever it was in his rookie season isn’t great, it is still not horrible and it was in his first call up.  I would be starting him every day right now.  I’d probably give Ohtani the rest of the year off.  

Uhh why?  Last thing Ohtani needs to be doing is sitting around during quarantine he probably has things he wants to work on.  He could also despise us for it and leave for the Padres in the future.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

Uhh why?  Last thing Ohtani needs to be doing is sitting around during quarantine he probably has things he wants to work on.  He could also despise us for it and leave for the Padres in the future.

Call it rehab, call it whatever you want.  He looks to me like someone who is in his own head.  Thaiss development is a little more important in my eyes.  I know what Ohtani can do when his head is right.  I don’t know what Thaiss can do.  Ohtani very well could leave in 3 years.  It won’t be because of anything that happens in the next 20 plus games.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Call it rehab, call it whatever you want.  He looks to me like someone who is in his own head.  Thaiss development is a little more important in my eyes.  I know what Ohtani can do when his head is right.  I don’t know what Thaiss can do.  Ohtani very well could leave in 3 years.  It won’t be because of anything that happens in the next 20 plus games.

It's official, you would make this team 2x worse if you were manager.  Thaiss is a midget like Calhoun with a swing long enough for rangling cattle.  He's a utitility infielder at best, real 1st base men are tall with long reach and 30 hr power.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

It's official, you would make this team 2x worse if you were manager.  Thaiss is a midget like Calhoun with a swing long enough for rangling cattle.

Dude stfu, you have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe Ohtani just needs an Asian friend to talk to and that would save it all, or maybe some left handed batters around him.  

Oh and there is no way I could possibly make this team worse than it currently is performing.  We are learning a lot about Maddon this year.  He is Scioscia, but with more micro managing, less fundamentals, but he has a cool van and says quirky things.  His HAR is off the charts though (Hipster Above Replacement).

Dude stfu, you have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe Ohtani just needs an Asian friend to talk to and that would save it all, or maybe some left handed batters around him.  

One of those scenarios could help, why not?

Oh and there is no way I could possibly make this team worse than it currently is performing.  We are learning a lot about Maddon this year.  He is Scioscia, but with more micro managing, less fundamentals, but he has a cool van and says quirky things.  His HAR is off the charts though (Hipster Above Replacement).

We would have 4 wins if you were manager for the Angels right now.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

No reason to think thee other guy will be better considering hes the PTBNL... but even still it also opens ANOTHER hole on the club.
Weve created more holes than weve filled.
This isnt close to what i hoped for

As I'm sure others have already mentioned, guys who werent put on the 60 man aren't eligible to be traded until after the season.  Lots of teams have elected to keep their more recent draftees and lower level guys off the roster.  There really is no way of knowing who the player would be or if it will be a lesser upside guy.

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Do they though? Then we end up with guys like Ward/Thaiss/Walsh/etc in the lineup and they contribute nothing. Our farm is still weak

Thaiss has had 11 plate appearances this year.   He's had 175 total in his entire career and had managed a .5 bWAR.    Way too early to determine what he is or isn't.  Walsh has had 13 and 87...    Taylor Ward is the leader here with 37 PAs and even he's only seen 232 PA's in his entire career.  

I don't think much of Ward, but when you have three guys who have combined for less than 440 at bats in their entire careers you really don't have any clue what they are capable of.   Particularly when they have all produced at above league average levels in AAA after accounting for park conditions.

2 hours ago, Angel said:

It's official, you would make this team 2x worse if you were manager.  Thaiss is a midget like Calhoun with a swing long enough for rangling cattle.  He's a utitility infielder at best, real 1st base men are tall with long reach and 30 hr power.

Like Jared Walsh?

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

If It’s determined that Ohtani can’t pitch and fails to figure out what he’s doing at the plate he may be out of Major League Baseball after next season. You can’t just carry him if he’s no good. 

1 minute ago, RendZone said:

If It’s determined that Ohtani can’t pitch and fails to figure out what he’s doing at the plate he may be out of Major League Baseball after next season. You can’t just carry him if he’s no good. 

Yeah he’s gonna be fine. This season is a blip. It’s not long enough for some guys to get into a groove, there are a lot of slow starters in baseball. We’ll see after next year if he can hit and pitch, or if he needs to focus on one.

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

If a meteor hits the Angels team flight while en route to Colorado this team is going to really need to rethink how it travels.  You can't just assume it won't happen.

Sometimes I wonder what joy people get out of simply being negative and assuming the worst.  Those people should simply fuck off and go be miserable on FB.  They certainly don’t make this place better.  But I guess every forum has trolls that were supposed to just deal with. 

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sometimes I wonder what joy people get out of simply being negative and assuming the worst.  Those people should simply fuck off and go be miserable on FB.  They certainly don’t make this place better.  But I guess every forum has trolls that were supposed to just deal with. 

“Those people” and “You people”

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

To be fair, it's not their fault that they're insufferable assholes.