• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brian Goodwin traded to the Reds for Packy Naughton and Jose Salvador

mmc

44 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Yeah he’s gonna be fine. This season is a blip. It’s not long enough for some guys to get into a groove, there are a lot of slow starters in baseball. We’ll see after next year if he can hit and pitch, or if he needs to focus on one.

Good post. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Sometimes I wonder what joy people get out of simply being negative and assuming the worst.  Those people should simply fuck off and go be miserable on FB.  They certainly don’t make this place better.  But I guess every forum has trolls that were supposed to just deal with. 

As long as some people keep engaging them, they won't go away.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

And TG didn’t engage him and he still went at him even more after he found out he was on ignore.  

And I never saw those posts... 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

And TG was happy.

Why not do what he did and put him on ignore? It's an easy process. 

Exactly

On 8/31/2020 at 1:44 PM, angelsnationtalk said:

He knows his pitching...... Which is why we're one of the worst pitching teams in baseball. But he knowsssss his pitching. 

I don't have all day, it's based on overall perspective.  Weigh the pros and cons since his arrival beginning from the 2016 season.  He's seemed to work the pipeline pretty well!  Not necessarily FA:

Ramirez (before injury)

Robles

Buttrey

Bundy

Andreise

Parker

Pena

Cons:

Harvey

Meyer

Bridwell

Cahill

Patience, as he finds the pieces here and there to assemble with.  

4 hours ago, HaloRed said:

I don't have all day, it's based on overall perspective.  Weigh the pros and cons since his arrival beginning from the 2016 season.  He's seemed to work the pipeline pretty well!  Not necessarily FA:

Ramirez (before injury)

Robles

Buttrey

Bundy

Andreise

Parker

Pena

Cons:

Harvey

Meyer

Bridwell

Cahill

You forgot Norris, Petit, and Hernandez. Noe probably fits in the pro column too.

Also...Bridwell? Meyer? They’re only cons in the fact they got hurt but both of them pitched pretty well when they were here. 

6 hours ago, HaloRed said:

Ramirez (before injury)

Robles

Buttrey

Bundy

Andreise

Parker

Pena

Cons:

Harvey

Meyer

Bridwell

Cahill

Not to burst your bubble but Andreise (6.41 ERA) and Robles (10.64 ERA) have also been extreme cons. 

That's 8/11 guys that haven't panned out and Ramirez is a hard maybe. That's gotten us to the spot we're in now. Second worst in baseball. 

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

Not to burst your bubble but Andreise (6.41 ERA) and Robles (10.64 ERA) have also been extreme cons. 

That's 8/11 guys that haven't panned out and Ramirez is a hard maybe. That's gotten us to the spot we're in now. Second worst in baseball. 

Robles was pretty damn good last year.  If we are deciding players worth based on one year then the A’s fucked up with Soria.  I realize he is good but he wasn’t last year.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Robles was pretty damn good last year.  If we are deciding players worth based on one year then the A’s fucked up with Soria.  I realize he is good but he wasn’t last year.  

Yeah, Robles was good last year, but this year's performance is voiding that. We can't all say "but he was good at one point". That's what Eppler always says with his "projects".... Harvey... Cahill....Allen.... Cozart

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yeah, Robles was good last year, but this year's performance is voiding that. We can't all say "but he was good at one point". That's what Eppler always says with his "projects".... Harvey... Cahill....Allen.... Cozart

Ok I’m going to show you how silly this is.  
Trout used to be better than David Fletcher but “this years performance is voiding that out”. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok I’m going to show you how silly this is.  
Trout used to be better than David Fletcher but “this years performance is voiding that out”. 

Trout is still a team leader in SLG, OPS, RBI, HR and Runs so he's still having a good year despite hit AVG and strikeouts. He will still probably finish the year batting around .280 or higher.

Trout has had 8 MVP caliber seasons with the Angels. Proving he's been a success with the Angels. 

I'm not saying Robles isn't a good pitcher. He's had 1.5 good years with the Angels which is great. But given how different his year has been this year, it's a different story. I think we can all agree there are question marks with the majority of pitchers Eppler goes after (without including Robles).