• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Asterisks @ Angels (7/31/20)

mmc

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He is, but it has nothing to do with the win - loss record.

Exactly this. Arte doesn’t give a shit about winning. He puts on a front on that he does, but let’s be real. It’s all about the Benjamins and getting his development project done. So props to him.  

Dude is a fucking snake and it will be a great day when he sells the team, assuming it’s to someone that cares more about winning, which it probably won’t be because we’re cursed. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Exactly this. Arte doesn’t give a shit about winning. He puts on a front on that he does, but let’s be real. It’s all about the Benjamins and getting his development project done. So props to him.  

Dude is a fucking snake and it will be a great day when he sells the team, assuming it’s to someone that cares more about winning, which it probably won’t be because we’re cursed. 

Lol be careful what you wish for... very few owners out there that spend money like Arte does.

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I’m not sure anybody gets canned after this crazy season....but if we really stink it up, I wouldn’t rest easy if I’m Eppler....

Man if Eppler isn’t fired after this season, the Angels will waste another year of Trouts prime next year. It’s already been said a million times around here; but outside of rebuilding the prospect pool and Ohtani what has Eppler really done? Arte opened the books up for Trout and Rendon. 

I appreciate what Eppler has done for the prospects, but he’s done absolutely nothing in terms of pitching. All he does is dumpster dive. No reason to believe it would be any different next year. You have Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon. The time to win is now. We need a GM with a championship pedigree who can come in and secure some starting P and solid Relief P. 

this is just abysmal. By the looks of this game; and yeah it’s early, we are on the path to 2-6.  Honestly wouldn’t shock me if we ended this weekend 2-8. At least we should have a top 5 pick next year at this rate. 

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Lol be careful what you wish for... very few owners out there that spend money like Arte does.

I will gladly take the A’s and Rays payroll. Just because we spend money doesn’t mean that it is a good thing. He spends money to put fans in the seats, not for wins (Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon - don’t hate Rendon signing but would’ve much rather overspent on pitching). But those were all sexy signings. Big difference and ones that have huge ROI for him since fans will show up every day to see these guys play. Pitchers pitch once every five days. 

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Andrelton Simmons is such a gamer. He would be out there tonight if he could be. I wonder how he really feels about Mike Trout sitting in a rocking chair before the birth of his child while his team plays a home game 25 minutes from his home.

Simmons should worry less about Mike Trout and more about hitting a ball without his eyes closed. He should also learn to have some awareness on the basepaths. 

3 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

I will gladly take the A’s and Rays payroll. Just because we spend money doesn’t mean that it is a good thing. He spends money to put fans in the seats, not for wins (Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon - don’t hate Rendon signing but would’ve much rather overspent on pitching). But those were all sexy signings. Big difference and ones that have huge ROI for him since fans will show up every day to see these guys play. Pitchers pitch once every five days. 

I wouldn’t because even if you have home grown superstars those kind of owners will let them walk. You won’t be keeping guys like Trout.

Trust me. You don’t want it.

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I wouldn’t because even if you have home grown superstars those kind of owners will let them walk. You won’t be keeping guys like Trout.

Trust me. You don’t want it.

Yeah, you’re right. Being the laughing stock of the league for the past ten years has been way more fun. All those playoff wins have been fun too.