• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Asterisks @ Angels (7/31/20)

mmc

Just now, robblin17 said:

Yeah, you’re right. Being the laughing stock of the league for the past ten years has been way more fun. All those playoff wins have been fun too. 

Being the laughing stock of the league isn’t because Arte spends money. Look at the Yankees. Yeah sure he sometimes spends it on the wrong players but we have a more internal problem. 

12 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I appreciate what Eppler has done for the prospects, but he’s done absolutely nothing in terms of pitching. All he does is dumpster dive. No reason to believe it would be any different next year. You have Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon. The time to win is now. We need a GM with a championship pedigree who can come in and secure some starting P and solid Relief P. 

Has Eppler really rebuilt our farmsystem? I hear this a lot, but have yet to see it come to fruition. Our farmsystem has been ranked near the bottom for his entire tenure.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-farm-system-rankings

Just now, NrM said:

Has Eppler really rebuilt our farmsystem? I hear this a lot, but have yet to see it come to fruition. Our farmsystem has been ranked near the bottom for his entire tenure.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-farm-system-rankings

Well it was ranked somewhere in the mid 30's when he took over (behind the top 3 Japanese system, a Korean system and the CIF).

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Being the laughing stock of the league isn’t because Arte spends money. Look at the Yankees. Yeah sure he sometimes spends it on the wrong players but we have a more internal problem. 

Arte hired Eppler. He extended Scioscia. Arte pushed for Hamilton and Pujols and Wells etc. He won't tank even when all logic says that's the correct move. He won't even fire sell one year. Arte is the one to blame. The Angels problems start at the top. 

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Arte hired Eppler. He extended Scioscia. Arte pushed for Hamilton and Pujols and Wells etc. Arte is the one to blame. The Angels problems start at the top. 

Great points. It’s organizational failure at this point from the top down. There have been so many failures that it’s impossible to pinpoint it. We can’t blame it on Scioscia anymore, can’t blame it on Dipoto, can’t blame it on Eppler, can’t blame it on Ausmus, can’t blame it on the players (they’ve all been terrible for years). 

Yet one common denominator remains. Arte. 

I can’t confirm this, but maybe others can. I’ve heard that the Angels FO is one of the leanest and potentially under staffed units in the majors because of Arte being cheap AF on areas outside of the ML roster. Any truth to this? 

11 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Spending money on guys like Pujols, Wells, and Hamilton is 100% a direct correlation with us being the laughing stock of the league. 

31 minutes ago, RBM said:

Andrelton Simmons is such a gamer. He would be out there tonight if he could be. I wonder how he really feels about Mike Trout sitting in a rocking chair before the birth of his child while his team plays a home game 25 minutes from his home.

This is my nomination for Father of the Year.

24 minutes ago, RBM said:

Agreed. He's struggled early but he showed up and he's a fast healer. He'll be back soon.

Trout is not even showing up. That is a lack of leadership.

Exhibit B for Father of the Year.

There's just a philosophy of failure that has plagued this organization for the better part of a decade. 

It's not any one individual's fault. No manager is going to change this. But man, something's gotta change. You can say we just have a poor roster but why is that the case every year? At some point the players are going to play well, right?