Sign in to follow this  
John Taylor

POLL: Will MLB Eventually Cancel the 2020 Season?

Will MLB Eventually Cancel the 2020 Season?  

82 members have voted

  1. 1. Will MLB Eventually Cancel the 2020 Season?

    • Yes
      58
    • No
      24
  2. 2. Should the 2020 MLB Season Be Cancelled?

    • Yes
      48
    • No
      34


Recommended Posts

Since the Angels are trying their hardest to suck (and are succeeding). I’m perfectly fine canceling the remainder of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Either way it's another wasted year of Trout's career.

 

“Another wasted year” seems to be a consistent pattern. Got to love the quality pitching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really needed to think about being able to actually play through October before even starting up.

heard Buster Only (ESPN guy) on the radio the other day making some comment (about the Miami franchise situation and others) -- "It's a strange season so it's OK if Miami plays 45 to 50 games while other teams play 60". HUH?   

Now MLB is really beginning to sound like a pick up softball beer league........

a definite asterisk with be placed on any WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP crowned in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the new Covid positives I don’t know how much longer MLB can look like idiots. This should have been in a bubble. I am leaning more and more to the idea MLB will not finish this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevinb said:

With the new Covid positives I don’t know how much longer MLB can look like idiots. This should have been in a bubble. I am leaning more and more to the idea MLB will not finish this year. 

I just can’t see how a bubble is possible in baseball.  900 players.  A bubble would mean they would all be in the same place, basically.  Then you have to find a state to host it.  Then that state needs to have a minimum of 15 MLB quality fields all within a reasonable drive so they can drive back to the bubble each night.  So the closest bet would be So Cal, but I highly doubt the governor would allow that to happen.  Also who wants to drive 90 minutes down to SD and back from OC/LA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good possibility that it eventually reaches one of those critical mass points where there is not enough damage control to continue. 

Even with how badly the Angels have played I would miss even watching them lose for the next 50 or so games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blarg said:

Good possibility that it eventually reaches one of those critical mass points where there is not enough damage control to continue. 

Even with how badly the Angels have played I would miss even watching them lose for the next 50 or so games. 

This is how I feel, well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I just can’t see how a bubble is possible in baseball.  900 players.  A bubble would mean they would all be in the same place, basically.  Then you have to find a state to host it.  Then that state needs to have a minimum of 15 MLB quality fields all within a reasonable drive so they can drive back to the bubble each night.  So the closest bet would be So Cal, but I highly doubt the governor would allow that to happen.  Also who wants to drive 90 minutes down to SD and back from OC/LA?

Could have done it in Arizona and Florida. Or done 3 or 4 bubbles. The way they are doing it now doesn’t seem like its successful. Better to have more control up front like NBA and NHL are doing it and then if its going well to let loose some restrictions. I fear that the season is just not going to finish. You can’t sit down multiple teams for multiple days in a row. Just isn’t looking good right now for MLB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Could have done it in Arizona and Florida. Or done 3 or 4 bubbles. The way they are doing it now doesn’t seem like its successful. Better to have more control up front like NBA and NHL are doing it and then if its going well to let loose some restrictions. I fear that the season is just not going to finish. You can’t sit down multiple teams for multiple days in a row. Just isn’t looking good right now for MLB. 

But both of those states are hot beds for Covid right now and who wants to play in the desert outside and in the humidity of Florida in the summer.  Also there is no comparison between baseball and basketball or hockey.  They play indoors so the weather outside doesn’t matter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But both of those states are hot beds for Covid right now and who wants to play in the desert outside and in the humidity of Florida in the summer.  Also there is no comparison between baseball and basketball or hockey.  They play indoors so the weather outside doesn’t matter.  

I mean no state is ideal right? Playing outside is less likely to contract it then playing inside. What they are doing right now may not be failing, but it isn’t going great. If they had it in Florida and say Arizona its basically lock down like the NBA is doing. It’s basketball then back to your room or hotel. MLB could have been much more proactive then they are. Which may result in a shutting down of MLB for the entire season. Hopefully not but time will tell. There’s countless ways they could have done it, where there is no travel required. AL/NL West could have stayed home in California and so on and so forth for the other divisions. Made everyone stay in a couple hotels and there you have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Could have done it in Arizona and Florida. Or done 3 or 4 bubbles. The way they are doing it now doesn’t seem like its successful. Better to have more control up front like NBA and NHL are doing it and then if its going well to let loose some restrictions. I fear that the season is just not going to finish. You can’t sit down multiple teams for multiple days in a row. Just isn’t looking good right now for MLB. 

You cannot play baseball in the Arizona heat in July and August, there is only one domed stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You cannot play baseball in the Arizona heat in July and August, there is only one domed stadium. 

What do you mean you cant? I mean you can you’d just have to do it early morning or late night games and do night games. There have been games played in the heat before. Football players do it in freezing temperatures or in hot humid conditions and in Football you are exerting way more energy than a baseball player. You’re out on the field for three outs and then you’re in the dug out and bat 3-5 times a game. It could be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

What do you mean you cant? I mean you can you’d just have to do it early morning or late night games and do night games. There have been games played in the heat before. Football players do it in freezing temperatures or in hot humid conditions and in Football you are exerting way more energy than a baseball player. You’re out on the field for three outs and then you’re in the dug out and bat 3-5 times a game. It could be done. 

No, you really can’t.  Also it is 100 degrees at 9 in the morning.  So the reason they are playing is to get TV revenue.  What kind of ratings are you getting at 8am and 11pm?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this