• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels players you will officially give up on if they don't perform this season?

mmc

35 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Oh and Thaiss. I feel like the entire bench sucks right now.

Yea, that is a you issue Randy.  None of those guys have been given a chance to actually show what they can do.  Thaiss came up last year put up a .705 OPS and showed the ability to have an OBP 80 points higher than his batting average.  He also hit 8 home runs, which over the course of a season is a lot closer to 30 home runs.  He might need more than 150 at bats to prove whether or not he is capable of being able to help a team as either a starter or a bench player.  Ward could be a solid bench player/platoon player.  Once again 200 at bats in two seasons.  

1 minute ago, rageous said:

Angels have so many of these AAAA players Walsh, Hermosillo, Ward, and Thaiss on their roster.

We have no idea if Walsh, Ward and Thaiss are AAAA players.  Especially Thaiss.  The guy in his first cup of coffee put up a .700 OPS and if his numbers were projected over a full season would have had 30 homers last year as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have no idea if Walsh, Ward and Thaiss are AAAA players.  Especially Thaiss.  The guy in his first cup of coffee put up a .700 OPS and if his numbers were projected over a full season would have had 30 homers last year as a rookie.

In a year inflated with juiced balls,  .700 OPS is not a good year.  .758 was the average for the entire league and he put up below replacement level player numbers.

6 minutes ago, cvdog said:

Pujols is the obvious answer. 11 seasons with the Cardinals he batted .328/ OPS 1037. As an Angel an abysmal .258 and 763 OPS. Probably one of the worst contracts in Angel history along with Wells, Hamilton etc. Also Upton better show up or he's done in my eyes.

I think everyone has already given up on Pujols

On 7/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, Stradling said:

Yep, Barria deserves more time, no different than making assumptions about guys like Ward or Sandoval.  

Deserves?  Gotta show something. Last year was ugly. He was a bit fortunate the year before. 

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

For me the correct answer is Heaney. He’s healthy, in his age 29 season, and has a highly respected pitching coach.  I don’t expect him to be an Ace, simply a sub 4 ERA guy.  Someone you can count on to keep you in a game 

I fully expect him to get hurt again as that seems to be the norm for him