• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

50 game season

45 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pujols chasing Ruth? Am I missing something?  In what, HR? A) There's zero chance Albert gets to 714 HR, and B) who even cares if he does get to that level, since there'd still be 2 people ahead of him? 

And there's zero chance you didn't completely ignore the spirit of the message just to take a a shot at Albert

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

And there's zero chance you didn't completely ignore the spirit of the message just to take a a shot at Albert

Uh, ok.  I replied to that portion because (last time I checked...) this was an Angels message board and Pujols was on the team.  🙂  The other things Bowden mentions also at least make some logical sense, as they're either established benchmarks (3,000K) or debuts of new players. 

Calm down.

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Like pizza. Or sex. Or beer...wait, not beer. Crappy beer is not worth drinking, is wisdom I've gleaned in my early middle age.

I'm 53.   No thanks on second rate stuff.  A 50 game season is a six pack of warm Lucky Lager, a cold Little Caesar's cheese pizza, and Rosy ODonnell wanting to sit on your face because she is out of toilet paper.

Pass.

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I'm 53.   No thanks on second rate stuff.  A 50 game season is a six pack of warm Lucky Lager, a cold Little Caesar's cheese pizza, and Rosy ODonnell wanting to sit on your face because she is out of toilet paper.

Pass.

And that is absolutely your choice.  The rest of us will enjoy baseball even if it isn’t exactly the way we want it.  

Just now, Lou said:

Every single person who is blasting a short season will be glued to their television on Opening Day.

I’d respect them more if they didn’t watch and disappeared from talking about this season after it starts.  November will be here soon enough, they can come back then.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’d respect them more if they didn’t watch and disappeared from talking about this season after it starts.  November will be here soon enough, they can come back then.  

They're much too weak to stand behind what they say.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Pass.

What makes you think Rosy would leave you any pizza and beer?

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

The #MLBPA considers #MLB's latest offer a "step backwards''. They guaranteed 50% pay with possibility of earning 75% prorated salary. Also in proposal, per @karlravechespn , 76-game season, playoff money and no draft pick compensation for free agency.

Yep I’m sure that the players can’t wait. The MLBPA must be euphoric with this latest proposal.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Not a chance...   

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

and this message board has taught us (over and over again) that some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.

or trying to make others miserable

So if a player had a $1 million contract heading into this season here is the breakdown of the 50 game season and the 76 game season.  

In the 50 game season getting full prorated pay they would receive $6200 per game, which comes out to $310k

In the 76 game season if they got 75% of the prorated the same player would be getting paid $4600 per game or $351k for the season.  

So about $40k more for 50% more games.  So yea, I would say that this is a step backwards.  About 26% less per game played.  

58 minutes ago, RBM said:

Kind of tough for someone on the low-end to go from league minimum of $563500 to $200k - but not as tough as going to "zero."

Of course, the owners and players will come to some agreement - and then the umpires will hold out...

They're probably going to do daily temp checks, and frequent (if not "daily") point-of-care tests - for the high-earners and older players at increased risk of complications from an infection, there has to be a temptation to just sit out 'til next year rather than take *any* risk playing.  

I am not “blasting” a short season.  I am not miserable.  I just made a joke about how, right now, it feels very difficult to have any interest in it.  I hardly see how that should trigger anyone with “then stay off the board” or other similar reactions.

The truth is baseball fits a busy life differently every day.  Who knows?  Maybe if and when the season starts watching games will be something that is fantastic.  I don’t know.  I just know I have never been less interested than I am right now for many reasonable reasons.

I certainly don’t want to be unexcited.  That just where I am today.

Big deal.  Now is it OK if I post on the board or have I failed the “true baseball fan” litmus test and I have to wait and repledge the fraternity next year?

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am not “blasting” a short season.  I am not miserable.  I just made a joke about how, right now, it feels very difficult to have any interest in it.  I hardly see how that should trigger anyone with “then stay off the board” or other similar reactions.

The truth is baseball fits a busy life differently every day.  Who knows?  Maybe if and when the season starts watching games will be something that is fantastic.  I don’t know.  I just know I have never been less interested than I am right now for many reasonable reasons.

I certainly don’t want to be unexcited.  That just where I am today.

Big deal.  Now is it OK if I post on the board or have I failed the “true baseball fan” litmus test and I have to wait and repledge the fraternity next year?

Is this you joking, too?