Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Unpopular Opinions You Hold vs. Those You Closely Align With

Cons - What lefty or non-conservative views do you hold?

Libs - What conservative views do you hold?

libertarians - What terrible Statist views do you hold?

@floplag - What views do you hold that are not moderate?

Could be on policy,  culture, personalities, etc...

I would love to claim I'm a libertarian but I honestly believe there are too many people out there who want to be led around by the nose and that any void left by lack of state would get filled by ever more undesirable types.. I just wish we could swing the balance waaaaay back in the other direction toward localized control and self-sufficiency

23 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I would love to claim I'm a libertarian but I honestly believe there are too many people out there who want to be led around by the nose and that any void left by lack of state would get filled by ever more undesirable types.. I just wish we could swing the balance waaaaay back in the other direction toward localized control and self-sufficiency

Agree 100%

When we took those polls to see where you aligned politically on positions and posted results, Red almost had a heart attack when he saw we were very similar even though I'm looked at as far right on the board.

I believe Social safety nets for those that are unable to find employment. 

I believe in stricter gun proficiency laws for first time buyers in each category of hand and long guns. That they must, like drivers training, complete a safety course and be able to load, fire and clean their weapon on a range with an instructor before the weapon is released to them. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I believe college football is way better than major league baseball.

This is a really gay opinion, especially when your team is UCLA.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Anarcho-Capitalism is the unachievable. Minarchism is a pipe dream. Localized control is the best we could hope for but still the longest of long shots.

I believe we are over policed. Don’t see it as a racial issue. I fault excessive laws and budget deficits as fueling the problem.  Law enforcement has forgotten some of the service aspects to the job. Every once in a while they could do some traffic control vs setting speed traps. 

6 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I think hunting should be illegal.

That's a weird one. I have no problem with hunting, some times it's needed to thin out certain predators. It's not my thing, but I have no issues with those that do.

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That's a weird one. I have no problem with hunting, some times it's needed to thin out certain predators. It's not my thing, but I have no issues with those that do.

Welcome back 

If the country is living within it's means then I don't care how we spend tax revenues.  Frankly I'd be fine with more money going to social programs, education particularly the creation of trade schools starting for kids at about the age of 16 and other things that help people build a solid foundation that gives them a hand up instead of handouts.  We spend way too much on the military and I think the rest of the world needs to collectively step up which they would if we backed off.  I don't care about being the premier super power or even one of them given what it costs us in lives and money while only making more enemies because of what we do or don't do internationally.  I'm for smaller government and things being handled at the local level whenever possible.  I think everyone should have skin in the game when it comes to paying federal income taxes which are the biggest revenue source for the feds.  I think the tax code should be simplified and corporations shouldn't be paying 0 in corporate taxes because of loopholes.  I think the only time we should be running deficits are during recessions or in a war time economy but not to buy votes, fund pet projects and support a lifestyle we can't afford at the expense of our future.  I think there should absolutely be term limits because then maybe some politicians would do what's best for the country over party or themselves year in and year out.