• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Trump claimed unemployment was at 40% under Obama.

Strangely enough he was correct but it still remains there if you look at the numbers that show the total employable population (age 16-65) and the amount of people that participate in the workforce. Only about 60% of the people that could work participate. 

It's a disingenuous argument but most that revolve around politics are.

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Strangely enough he was correct but it still remains there if you look at the numbers that show the total employable population (age 16-65) and the amount of people that participate in the workforce. Only about 60% of the people that could work participate. 

It's a disingenuous argument but most that revolve around politics are.

You know that wasn't what he was referring to. He said Obama made up the unemployment number. There's even a famous quote from saying "the numbers were fake then, they're real now."

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

This is a good debate point.  You do know how many people continuously say Obama destroyed the economy when that simply is false.  So for Trumpsters they love Trump's economy because he revived it from the ruins Obama left it in.  Fat Tangelo says it all the time himself.  Just checking if you do know that when telling people they are crying. 

LOL. Who?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes, it is a fact that the economy was picking up before Obama left. Obama inherited a poor one. Since Trump was elected it has continued and gotten better. This is the reason he will likely win again. 

Fair point and correct.  I just have to debate hundreds of Texans who claim he saved the world. 

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

Pure capitalism is so great! Give businesses all the power, and then citizens can vote with their dollars. Since citizens have control over what's available for them to spend their money on.

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

I agree.

You should see the movie Dark Waters. It shows what happens when corporations are allowed to do whatever the F they want.

Basically, DuPont had known since 1978 that teflon caused birth defects and several types of cancers. They continued producing it and dumping the runoff in the Ohio River or burying it in the ground near farms and residences. I should add that there have been tens of thousands of documented cases of people who were unknowingly affected by this over decades.

Another fine example of a big corporation bettering our society through their freedom to pursue insane profits.

Edited by Taylor

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

You should see the movie Dark Waters. It shows what happens when corporations are allowed to do whatever the F they want.

Basically, DuPont had known since 1978 that teflon caused birth defects and several types of cancers. They continued producing it and dumping the runoff in the Ohio river or burying it in the ground near farms and residences.

Another fine example of a big corporation bettering our society through their freedom to pursue insane profits.

When government limits free market competition corporations can do whatever the hell they want. 

47 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Is monopoly busting a tenet of capitalism? 

Typically monopolies are a result of a regulatory landscape that creates significant barriers to entry for competition. Or just straight cronyism.

Patents are bad too

I think that the article does make good points regarding competition and a healthy economy thanks for sharing@Adam.  But I think that people run into trouble when they assign these mystical powers to the “free” market.  That it’ll just take care of itself and divvy up wealth naturally.  I think that it’s just not true.  Not in a manner that is fair anyway. The markets can be manipulated and are by those who wield the levers of power.  The people who control all of the capital.  The primary concern of a capitalist is making profit.  Everything else bows to that.  That is truth that cannot be reasoned around.  Regulations are necessary to govern that.  The author notes that some regulations can be bad and over bearing.  That is true, but regulation can also be good and preserve competition and protect workers consumers and other things. 

we need to strive for for an order where more people have more leverage.  That is where organized labor becomes important.  We just don’t have that anymore.  And it has an important role to play.  Just as healthier competition in the market does. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that the article does make good points regarding competition and a healthy economy thanks for sharing@Adam.  But I think that people run into trouble when they assign these mystical powers to the “free” market.  That it’ll just take care of itself and divvy up wealth naturally.  I think that it’s just not true.  Not in a manner that is fair anyway. The markets can be manipulated and are by those who wield the levers of power.  The people who control all of the capital.  The primary concern of a capitalist is making profit.  Everything else bows to that.  That is truth that cannot be reasoned around.  Regulations are necessary to govern that.  The author notes that some regulations can be bad and over bearing.  That is true, but regulation can also be good and preserve competition and protect workers consumers and other things. 

we need to strive for for an order where more people have more leverage.  That is where organized labor becomes important.  We just don’t have that anymore.  And it has an important role to play.  Just as healthier competition in the market does. 

In a vacuum I agree with you. I can not reconcile any system in which power is allocated to an authoritative body of people to oversee or administer anything without the ultimate result being damning corruption that limits individual freedom.

The founding fathers tried and their experiment went better than anything else.

Maybe the best we can hope for is a cyclical process of chaos, revolution, liberty, and then a long slow process of erosion.

Nothing is perfect and our ultimate values determine strategy. For some it’s egalitarianism. For me it’s absolute freedom. I’d rather deal with the consequence of the latter than the former.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have to admit, I HATE those water saving toilets. I like those violent flushing ones. My shit needs power to flush it down 

So you're the one that has been taking shits in the stall next to Trump.