• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Universal DH Happening

Lhalo

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If anything I think this makes the Dodgers worse. The Dodgers have essentially been playing with a DH on their bench all along, now the other NL teams are forced to do the same. 

The DH position will make all NL teams better offensively. The Dodgers were already an offensive juggernaut and now they added Betts and a DH. They’re going to be tough.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Again, who cares?

This isn't a Dodgers forum and we aren't in the same division or league.

When they lose in the playoffs that will be their excuse that the DH was implemented.

They’re going to the playoffs? Again? Dammit!

23 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

The fake pickoff to 3rd and check 1st. It was never about actually catching the guy at 1st; it was about making sure he couldn't go on first movement.

And I have seen it get the guy at 1st before, which was awesome.

i forgot all about that rule change. yeah, i agree with you.

17 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I don't really care about the DH, but I'm still pissed about the 1st to 3rd rule. And the 3-batter minimum is worse for baseball than Covid.

I hate those too... and the automatic intentional walk.

I'm fine with adding a pitch clock, and eliminating commercial breaks, and not allowing the batter to step out of the box... things that could actual improve the pace of the game. I know people want the game to 'evolve' but I think a big part of the problem has been the things we've added or changed about the game in the last 40-50 years.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think going to a universal DH is the worst decision they could make, worse than the status quo. If they were really looking to improve the game, simply going with an 8 man lineup would have been far better.

Might as well fix two issues at once.

8 man line up and an 8 inning game.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, True Grich said:

I wonder if the "purists" who hate the DH still wear suits to baseball games like in the old days... 

Do they also hate night games?

It was beyond time to make this change...

Personally, id like to see the return of chewing tobacco, the old school kind.

FSW is replaying the 81 all star game today. Don Zimmer had a plug of chaw about the size of a catchers mitt, and he had no shame when he tipped his cap to the crowd.

Bring back that, guys using pill form amphetamines, and lots of ass slapping among dudes with mustaches. Keep baseball sacred, the way the founding fathers played it is what im saying.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:07 PM, Tank said:

I, for one, enjoy taking the trolley to each game and buying a bag of roasted chestnuts inside the stadium.

Which reminds me, I think it’s time for a new straw hat.

I also cant wait to not vote for certain players to make the all star game based on their reputation as a possible communist. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They need to speed up the game, not shorten the game.

8 batters x 3 outs = 24 outs = 8 innings

If you just eliminate 1 batter in the lineup you throw off the ratio of AB opportunities.   More opportunities to get hits or HRs means greater chance to get to milestone numbers.  Does 3,000 hits or 500 HRs still have the same meaning?

19 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

8 batters x 3 outs = 24 outs = 8 innings

If you just eliminate 1 batter in the lineup you throw off the ratio of AB opportunities.   More opportunities to get hits or HRs means greater chance to get to milestone numbers.  Does 3,000 hits or 500 HRs still have the same meaning?

It would mean more. 

Math FTW!

Private school