• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Universal DH Happening

Lhalo

26 minutes ago, RendZone said:

ou have some valid points but I think the game lost its luster right after the league had to pull the plug on their highest ratings during the PED era. The fans loved watching Sosa, Bonds and Big Mac (National League) mash the ball. Baseball was on top of the charts and then it was over. All of the star players got ED at the same time and the ratings sunk like the titanic. It was a huge letdown for the fans after the bar was falsely set so high. Baseball failed itself. 

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

gnar

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Fuck this "fundamental" horseshit. Pitchers hitting is the soccer of baseball. It's gay and boring as fuck unless you're really into it in which case you are yourself gay.

I want to see fucking dingers. Not sac bunts. 

Just keep juicing up the baseballs and that problem would fix itself. 

10 hours ago, Tank said:

so if a manager opted to have his pitcher hit, and the pitcher was a decent hitter, would that be okay with those of you who don't like having a DH?

Yes, though I don't know how many pitchers you would rather have hit instead of a DH.  The Giants let Bumgarner do this a few years ago in oakland, but he's got a career .532 OPS.  

Jeff Mathis has a career .552 career OPS.

I am a baseball enthusiast, but where I used to be able to watch any game and enjoy it, now I really can’t.  I obviously love watching the Angels, but after that I like the games that feel like they mean something, so games like the Yanks/Red Sox, or the Cubs/Cards, Dogs/Giants, some rivalry games.  The game is long and boring if you don’t have a vested interest and none of that has anything to do with the DH.  I think the notion that the DH is some wasteland for players that should no longer be in the game is a dumb notion.  We can call it evolution, but usually that means the game is getting better or improving.  There is nothing better about seeing more strike outs than hits.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am a baseball enthusiast, but where I used to be able to watch any game and enjoy it, now I really can’t.  I obviously love watching the Angels, but after that I like the games that feel like they mean something, so games like the Yanks/Red Sox, or the Cubs/Cards, Dogs/Giants, some rivalry games.  The game is long and boring if you don’t have a vested interest and none of that has anything to do with the DH.  I think the notion that the DH is some wasteland for players that should no longer be in the game is a dumb notion.  We can call it evolution, but usually that means the game is getting better or improving.  There is nothing better about seeing more strike outs than hits.  

Yep there’s nothing better than watching some old dude get thrown out at first from the outfield. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Agreed. Seems like these days, maybe for a majority of the clubs, the DH is used to rotate in regular players who need a rest. 

21 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Yep there’s nothing better than watching some old dude get thrown out at first from the outfield. 

Jesus you are dense.  The alternative (since you have to live in a world of extremes) is watching a pitcher try to hit MLB pitching when they haven’t hit since high school.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Jesus you are dense.  The alternative (since you have to live in a world of extremes) is watching a pitcher try to hit MLB pitching when they haven’t hit since high school.  

I’m almost ok with the DH position but not quite. I just think that a DH having the ability to hit AND run the base paths would be a much better alternative.

42 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Agreed. Seems like these days, maybe for a majority of the clubs, the DH is used to rotate in regular players who need a rest. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday. People are clamoring for pitchers to hit because of the strategic value, but the same could be said for the DH role....just a different strategic approach or consideration.

14 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Fuck this "fundamental" horseshit. Pitchers hitting is the soccer of baseball. It's gay and boring as fuck unless you're really into it in which case you are yourself gay.

I want to see fucking dingers. Not sac bunts. 

but I thought you love sacs

17 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think going to a universal DH is the worst decision they could make, worse than the status quo. If they were really looking to improve the game, simply going with an 8 man lineup would have been far better.

This goes back to preference. I am a purist so I dont care for the DH but having 1 league have it and the other without it was a good balance for me. I would prefer 2 divisions with the winner in each meeting in the WS but I realize that not many others would go for this.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

so if a manager opted to have his pitcher hit, and the pitcher was a decent hitter, would that be okay with those of you who don't like having a DH?

I think I remember Maddon with the rays once screwing his lineup up once and he lost his DH for the game. The pitcher had to bat clean up too if I remember correctly. 

Finally

I dont want to watch players try to do something they suck at. Within reason of course. I dont want a designated runner for Pujols every time he gets on base.  I also dont want to watch Jonathan Quick play center... or Jared Goff play free safety.

Minor leagues have a DH. College has a DH. One of the Angels pitchers recently had his first plate appearance since high school. And he wasn't that young.  That's ridiculous.

51 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Universal DH is the Hydroxychloroquine of baseball.

The league has been trying to enhance their product for quite some time. They started with the Home Run Derby in the 80’s which carried them up to the PED era which is when baseball was at its highest popularity. People loved the Home Run Derby and the couldn’t get enough of the fake stats from the juicers. Even after all that they’re now juicing up the baseball. 

The DH in the NL will just make the Dodgers more dangerous. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

The league has been trying to enhance their product for quite some time. They started with the Home Run Derby in the 80’s which carried them up to the PED era which is when baseball was at its highest popularity. People loved the Home Run Derby and the couldn’t get enough of the fake stats from the juicers. Even after all that they’re now juicing up the baseball. 

The DH in the NL will just make the Dodgers more dangerous. 

I failed to read in the tweet that the Dodgers are the only team in the NL who was allowed to have a DH. 

Yeah, wtf?

That means every team gets a DH and an even playing field. If it makes the Dodgers better, so be it. The goal is to be better than them or any good team with the responsibility of each MLB team to get and be better.

I don't even understand the thought process that a rule change makes one team only better.