• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Your business should boom dude

In theory. Our customer base is pretty diverse though. There are going to be winners and losers. We are, at times, a luxury for our clients. They may stay busy, but it doesn't mean they will necessarily be profitable. We could definitely be scaled back. I'm optimistic Walmart's grocery delivery program will thrive. If they do we'll survive this. If they tank for whatever reason we'll be done. Our third biggest client does nothing but corporate catering in CA. We're going to get crushed there.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

@wopphil get back to that twat that is suing me please

I had to bitch slap that firm today on another matter. They have been dormant on a case for 2 months. Finally sent a demand today and threatened a lawsuit. To a client that is in the business of caring for the elderly. Unbelievable tone deaf, IMO. 

Everyone that produces entertainment is screwed. With production shut down that means post production only has about 6 weeks or more of work before they too have to cut the workforce. That moves up and down the industry which puts caterers to office workers and accountants out of work. What is not being taken into account is how many jobs won't exist when it all starts back up again as employers decide to do without some people to recoup some lost earnings. Sometines companies keep extra people on as a conveniece rather than need since their books allow it. 6 to 8 weeks from now the books are not going to allow anything extra. 

It is one thing for businesses with enough capital and power to secure low interest short term loans, but small businesses are totally screwed.

The stagnation of money is such a big problem, even when everything returns to normal, how many people never got paid because they couldn't work?

Also, Boeing, makers of airplanes that kill people and spaceships that don't work are asking for $60bn, completely unrelated to their other failures.  A good sign that whatever stimulus is passed will be full of pork bailouts.

Just as bad as those who could lose their jobs are the ones who get sick doing their jobs. My daughter works the hospital floor designated for stroke and aneurysm type patients.  They have a floor with Corona people on it and all the nurses are calling in sick. They just called her to that floor and she is freaking.  I guess their masks are no better at the hospital than what you see ordinary people wearing around. She isn't with those patients yet but they are moving them closer day by day because the others are leaving sick or quitting because there is not adequate gear.  Say a prayer for her. fuck!

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

Just as bad as those who could lose their jobs are the ones who get sick doing their jobs. My daughter works the hospital floor designated for stroke and aneurysm type patients.  They have a floor with Corona people on it and all the nurses are calling in sick. They just called her to that floor and she is freaking.  I guess their masks are no better at the hospital than what you see ordinary people wearing around. She isn't with those patients yet but they are moving them closer day by day because the others are leaving sick or quitting because there is not adequate gear.  Say a prayer for her. fuck!

Heart just skipped a beat. She is realtively new in her career and is now in harms way. My thoughts are with you my friend.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Heart just skipped a beat. She is realtively new in her career and is now in harms way. My thoughts are with you my friend.

Thanks bro.  Ya she is just a rookie but worked with people with a disease that can't be passed on unless I guess down the road it is in your family DNA.  She just wants a hazmat suit basically and is ready to do her job. I have been asking her for weeks have they had meetings to prepare for this and she said nobody knows anything. When the rookies get sent home who is left.  She even said hopefully since she is young she will be ok but expects to catch it, ouch. 

5 hours ago, Fireball said:

No doubt prayers for your daughter. Hope they get her equipment soon. Blargs was the last I read before I made a post. I didnt read your post until now. We probably dont agree on much but God keep your child safe. America will owe a great debt to all of our healthcare pros when this is said and done. no doubt her bravery is saving lives

I have worked for myself for a while and interviewed at some places to go back to work for the man weeks back.  I did accept one offer few weeks ago but didn't hear anything and figured this virus killed that.  Turns out my report date was this Monday and they contacted me and pushed it back till 4/20 but wanted my W-2 because they are paying me from this Monday as if I started.  Now that could blow up if this shit doesn't slow down but feel pretty fortunate I am going to be getting paid to hibernate when I haven't even worked there yet. 

I have several friends in the bar industry, and more who are contractors, small business owners, etc. I was leaving 50 dollar tips per beer at the few places I stopped by last week over the shutdown, because I knew it hadnt hit them yet (not that 50 is going to help, it was more of a "ill see you on instagram")

But new industries will be popping up.... there is going to be a demand for people at some point....

44 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I have worked for myself for a while and interviewed at some places to go back to work for the man weeks back.  I did accept one offer few weeks ago but didn't hear anything and figured this virus killed that.  Turns out my report date was this Monday and they contacted me and pushed it back till 4/20 but wanted my W-2 because they are paying me from this Monday as if I started.  Now that could blow up if this shit doesn't slow down but feel pretty fortunate I am going to be getting paid to hibernate when I haven't even worked there yet. 

Make sure to ask for a merit raise since you are diligently following protocol. 

58 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have several friends in the bar industry, and more who are contractors, small business owners, etc. I was leaving 50 dollar tips per beer at the few places I stopped by last week over the shutdown, because I knew it hadnt hit them yet (not that 50 is going to help, it was more of a "ill see you on instagram")

But new industries will be popping up.... there is going to be a demand for people at some point....

Like you, I am trying to be optimistic with all of this. Hopefully the severe and drastic measures everyone is taking will shorten this event. As far as businesses, I will be ordering take out as often as a I can from small, local restaurants that are remaining open. My income and job is not threatened by any of this so I will do what I can to help others out.