• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Us cons make too much to qualify. 

I'm in the range that will receive the full refund. I have a full-time associate-level job and my wife is in grad school.

Our income has nothing to do with our political views, but you do you, bro.

7 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Sick brag bro. Right after 3 million people have already filed for unemployment.

What brag? Being successful in last year's tax bracket doesn't offer any help for this years problems. Many of those people filing for unemployment don't qualify for the $1,300 check. 

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'm in the range that will receive the full refund. I have a full-time associate-level job and my wife is in grad school.

Our income has nothing to do with our political views, but you do you, bro.

I was 25 once as well but never went to as many movies as you did last year because I had my first child and was paying for our first house without two quarters rubbing together in my pockets living paycheck to paycheck. 

But now we are where we are, no longer eligible for any assistance and yet never filed for any even in the lean years. You do you. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I was 25 once as well but never went to as many movies as you did last year because I had my first child and was paying for our first house without two quarters rubbing together in my pockets living paycheck to paycheck. 

But now we are where we are, no longer eligible for any assistance and yet never filed for any even in the lean years. You do you. 

I'm actually 31, and would love to be able to own a house in Southern  California. Even if I didn't go to a movie for the rest of my life, I wouldn't be able to afford a home in the next several years. My wife and I deal with infertility, so having a kid is going to be much more costly and complicated than it is for the majority of the population. 

I'm happy that you've been successful in life. I don't begrudge you or look at my life and say, "It's unfair that I don't have this or don't have that." I'm very privileged that I won't be losing my job or my income during COVID-19. That doesn't make me superior to those who work for companies that are having to shut their doors. I'm just lucky to work for a company that is committed to not laying off anybody during the crisis.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Dude you make a whoooole lot of assumptions about people you don't even know on here.

If you want people to respect your story of struggling as a young adult then maybe you should respect the stories of young adults struggling now. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Dude you make a whoooole lot of assumptions about people you don't even know on here.

If you want people to respect your story of struggling as a young adult then maybe you should respect the stories of young adults struggling now. 

What assumptions? The assumption that Taylor goes to the movies a lot? 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

What brag? Being successful in last year's tax bracket doesn't offer any help for this years problems. Many of those people filing for unemployment don't qualify for the $1,300 check. 

I'm going to need a fact check on "many of those people filing for unemployment don't qualify for the $1,300 (it's actually $1,200) check."

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Anyone that qualifies for a check isn't filing for assistance. It's automatically being given to them. If they received a tax refund either of the last two years, and used direct deposit for it, it's going in your account. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Anyone that qualifies for a check isn't filing for assistance. It's automatically being given to them. If they received a tax refund either of the last two years, and used direct deposit for it, it's going in your account. 

Yeah but he's too successful to be getting one.

19 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

What are they saying for people that just had the refund mailed the old fashioned way. 

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

What are they saying for people that just had the refund mailed the old fashioned way. 

if you didn't get a refund the last 2 years, or didn't have your refund direct deposited, you will receive a check in the mail. If you moved last year, and haven't filed your taxes yet this year, do so immediately, or the check will be sent to your old address. 

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

if you didn't get a refund the last 2 years, or didn't have your refund direct deposited, you will receive a check in the mail. If you moved last year, and haven't filed your taxes yet this year, do so immediately, or the check will be sent to your old address. 

Thanks, was asking for my kids because I still do their taxes for them and think they both moved to new places last year. 

I've never applied for government assistance, but I do go to the movies a lot, as I mentioned in the "What Have You Watched Lately?" thread. I saw more than 50 movies in 2019.

Granted, we had movie subscription services (AMC A-List and then Regal Unlimited), so we weren't paying out of pocket for every movie ticket.

Edited by Taylor

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I've never applied for government assistance, but I do go to the movies a lot, as I mentioned in the "What Have You Watched Lately?" thread. I saw more than 50 movies in 2019.

Granted, we had movie subscription services (AMC A-List and then Regal Unlimited), so we weren't paying out of pocket for every movie ticket.

are they extending your subscription to those services this year? we have passes to universal studios and they sent us an email saying that they will extend our passes for as many days as the park is shut down (which is the right thing to do).

i'm curious to see what disney does. we bought the california residents 3-day ticket. it expires in may, but we only used one day. wondering what they'll do so we can use our other two days. it won't surprise me if disney says "sorry, you're passes expire in may. there'll be no extension even though the parks are closed and you can't use them."

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

are they extending your subscription to those services this year? we have passes to universal studios and they sent us an email saying that they will extend our passes for as many days as the park is shut down (which is the right thing to do).

i'm curious to see what disney does. we bought the california residents 3-day ticket. it expires in may, but we only used one day. wondering what they'll do so we can use our other two days. it won't surprise me if disney says "sorry, you're passes expire in may. there'll be no extension even though the parks are closed and you can't use them."

Regal Unlimited isn't charging anybody during the months they're closed. So we keep our subscription (it's month to month anyway), but we won't be charged if the theaters aren't open. I'm not sure what will happen if the theaters open in the middle of a month. I'm guessing they'll charge pro-rated subscription fees.

We also have Disney passes (sorry, Blarg), and for every day Disneyland is closed, an additional day will be added to the expiration date on our passes. 

Edited by Taylor