• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You guys don't know how these tests work do you?  You just can't just make a ton of tests and think it's going to get a lot better for any future event.  Every test for whatever you are testing is different, with different chemicals they use to get results.  So a test for Swine Flu wouldn't work for Bat Flu and won't work for whatever animal it comes from next.

I get it but as soon as we hear of a new virus outbreak we should start making a specific test for it.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not all of this is his fault, but some of it is.

Absolutely but the failure of our country to be better equipped to deal with something like this, to have enough basic medical supplies, to not offshore essential production to the likes of China, to not run deficits and ridiculous healthcare costs have been growing for decades while both parties deserve blame.  Neither side has stepped up or said anything that instills confidence going forward and I sure as hell couldn't get behind some government ran healthcare based on their current performance.       

44 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not all of this is his fault, but some of it is.

It's all his fault, he has done everything humanly possibly to screw this up.

He was given ample warnings about a possible global pandemic and how to prepare for it, but he ignored the warnings and disbanded the team that could have best dealt with the situation.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

It's all his fault, he has done everything humanly possibly to screw this up.

He was given ample warnings about a possible global pandemic and how to prepare for it, but he ignored the warnings and disbanded the team that could have best dealt with the situation.

You should vote for a different candidate than Trump come November

22 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Yep, definitely not a MAGA.

We can finally put that to rest, ty.

i'm sorry you can't read well enough to understand how this will only be used as a political tool. 

and i'm still waiting on you to show even one post from me saying how much i like trump.

otherwise, feel free to put me on ignore.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

and we're going to hear endlessly from now until november how trump screwed up. this will all become political fodder and the blame game will be front and center.

Wellllll...

If the administration had zeroed in on developing multiple tests whilst a freight train full of virus was headed at us, we wouldn't quite be in this situation. It's a major, major failure that will cost lives and livelihoods.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Neither side has stepped up or said anything that instills confidence going forward and I sure as hell couldn't get behind some government ran healthcare based on their current performance.       

To be fair, it's the entirety of the healthcare system that has let us down. Hospitals and hospital systems are made to run lean, lean, lean. We don't want open beds. We want to closely stick to capacity and minimize lost patient days. We want staffing to closely mirror census. Overstaffing and oversupply (which are required to be ready for stuff like this) is not something we're made to do. This is what happens when healthcare is run to maximize profit at the expense of being prepared for the worst AND the government doesn't do its job to eat enough $$$$ on adequate supplies that will sit unused in a warehouse.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

After listening ad nauseam to doctors and scientists about the spread and how it all has unfolded, I'd love to hear this take from you.

I can rehash what has already been reported on and explained many, many times. In a nutshell: Trump transparently and continually downplayed the virus early on to protect his buddies whose wealth relies on the stock market. When it finally got to the point where he could no longer downplay it, he stopped downplaying it. He then gaslighted everybody by claiming he took it seriously from the beginning.

I don't buy the argument that all of this was out of Trump's control. If you can prove otherwise, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

19 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Wellllll...

If the administration had zeroed in on developing multiple tests whilst a freight train full of virus was headed at us, we wouldn't quite be in this situation. It's a major, major failure that will cost lives and livelihoods.

do the chinese bear any responsibility for how this has played out?

my opposition here is those who want to lay this ONLY on the POTUS.

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

To be fair, it's the entirety of the healthcare system that has let us down. Hospitals and hospital systems are made to run lean, lean, lean. We don't want open beds. We want to closely stick to capacity and minimize lost patient days. We want staffing to closely mirror census. Overstaffing and oversupply (which are required to be ready for stuff like this) is not something we're made to do. This is what happens when healthcare is run to maximize profit at the expense of being prepared for the worst AND the government doesn't do its job to eat enough $$$$ on adequate supplies that will sit unused in a warehouse.

I agree with this .I've always believed it's better to have  stuff and not need it than need it and not have it. We should set up our health care system like this moving forward. As of now, there isn't one state that was prepared to deal with a pandemic of this magnitude. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I can rehash what has already been reported on and explained many, many times. In a nutshell: Trump transparently and continually downplayed the virus early on to protect his buddies whose wealth relies on the stock market. When it finally got to the point where he could no longer downplay it, he stopped downplaying it. He then gaslighted everybody by claiming he took it seriously from the beginning.

I don't buy the argument that all of this was out of Trump's control. If you can prove otherwise, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Viruses do what viruses do and there isn't much we can do to stop their spread. Right now almost all of America is locked down and it's spreading like a fire in high wind.  Even if Trump had taken the appropriate action early on it still would have made it's way here and spread. I really don't think most of America would have been happy to self isolate and shut everything down without seeing the affects of the virus on our soil first. That is just the type of people we are. The Asian countries have learned their lessons and have adjusted their culture to be cautious of these things (expect the eating of bats). That's why you see them wearing masks out in public during flu season. Maybe things would not have been this bad but we can't say that for sure. This is a terrible situation that is affecting the entire world so to think Trump could have made a huge difference is a bit presumptive. Look, I think the government screws most things up that it is in charge of so what has happened is no surprise to me. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree with this .I've always believed it's better to have  stuff and not need it than need it and not have it. We should set up our health care system like this moving forward. As of now, there isn't one state that was prepared to deal with a pandemic of this magnitude. 

i agree. states were ill prepared. the fed was ill prepared.

i'm optomistic that the lack of preparation on so many levels will motivate people to prepare better for the next one (more masks, respirators, toilet paper, etc.).

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Let me preface with Trump is a fucking moron when it comes to public speaking.

That said, those behind closed doors and in the know still are learning and educating themselves on the fly about the virus. Not only that, but to pin it on one person that knows shit about infectious disease is egregious. No one was prepared for what happened when you listen to doctors and scientists, hence why we are learning and coming up with vaccinations on the fly....with limited to no clinical trials. I mean, for fucks sake, Dr. Fauci (who I respect in the medical field and trust as a solid source) even navigates away from what Trump says and speaks the truth about what is known, the variables, and possibilities. All of the professionals will tell you tell you everyone was ill prepared.

Trump is not a doctor or scientist and we have what's called checks and balances in this country....he doesn't have a dictatorship way of directing anyone or anything regarding this.

I get you have a hard on for him, but to blame Trump for a pandemic that no one fully comprehends that started in China is a bit ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Let me preface with Trump is a fucking moron when it comes to public speaking.

That said, those behind closed doors and in the know still are learning and educating themselves on the fly about the virus. Not only that, but to pin it on one person that knows shit about infectious disease is egregious. No one was prepared for what happened when you listen to doctors and scientists, hence why we are learning and coming up with vaccinations on the fly....with limited to no clinical trials. I mean, for fucks sake, Dr. Fauci (who I respect in the medical field and trust as a solid source) even navigates away from what Trump says and speaks the truth about what is known, the variables, and possibilities. All of the professionals will tell you tell you everyone was ill prepared.

Trump is not a doctor or scientist and we have what's called checks and balances in this country....he doesn't have a dictatorship way of directing anyone or anything regarding this.

I get you have a hard on for him, but to blame Trump for a pandemic that no one fully comprehends that started in China is a bit ridiculous.

In other words, Trump needs to STFU and just let the experts be the experts. I agree.

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

i agree. states were ill prepared. the fed was ill prepared.

i'm optomistic that the lack of preparation on so many levels will motivate people to prepare better for the next one (more masks, respirators, toilet paper, etc.).

Everyone was. It's no secret.

I think scientists that study infectious disease had some inkling or probability, but when it happened and it spread like wild fire. 

I think one of the bigger things to think about is how much we in defense funding compared to things like this.