• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i agree. states were ill prepared. the fed was ill prepared.

i'm optomistic that the lack of preparation on so many levels will motivate people to prepare better for the next one (more masks, respirators, toilet paper, etc.).

Most of the world was ill prepared 

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Everyone was. It's no secret.

I think scientists that study infectious disease had some inkling or probability, but when it happened and it spread like wild fire. 

I think one of the bigger things to think about is how much we in defense funding compared to things like this.

My sister is an infectious disease doctor and told me back in early January that we need not be too concerned about this but we should use precautions like we do with every potential virus or bacteria. They didn't have a clue at that time what this thing really was and truly are learning about this virus day by day. It would have helped if China had been completely forthcoming about this from the start. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

My sister is an infectious disease doctor and told me back in early January that we need not be too concerned about this but we should use precautions like we do with every potential virus or bacteria. They didn't have a clue at that time what this thing really was and truly are learning about this virus day by day. It would have helped if China had been completely forthcoming about this from the start. 

I mean it depends what the concern is. The vast vast majority of us don’t need to be concerned about long-term effects of getting it. That I think is still true.

Strange as it sounds, congress was well aware of what was going in in the world and yet they stand back and claim no responsibility for not making progress towards a solution. There were no heated debates on the house and Senate floors, only those in the know dumping stocks. 

Fuck all of your stupid blame games. 

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

I mean it depends what the concern is. The vast vast majority of us don’t need to be concerned about long-term effects of getting it. That I think is still true.

Our mom is 71 and is a kidney transplant recipient so she takes immuno-suppressant drugs 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Strange as it sounds, congress was well aware of what was going in in the world and yet they stand back and claim no responsibility for not making progress towards a solution. There were no heated debates on the house and Senate floors, only those in the know dumping stocks. 

Fuck all of your stupid blame games. 

It’s very easy (and lazy) to lay everything at Trump’s feet. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

But Trump!!!

These fucking morons in here.

How much of this outbreak should land on the feet of WHO?  And the question that I don't think any one of us can answer is how much of the governments response is based on what the WHO says?  Is it just coincidence that the day that the WHO declared a pandemic, Trump pretty much shut down the borders with Europe and the CDC said they were starting on working on a test?  Looking back, on March 9, 566 cases, March 10, we had 755 cases of coronavirus in the US.  March 11, it jumped past 1000.  March 12, 1300.  

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Red and Brandon in the spin forum. This is so great. Thanks Covid! 

You know nothing makes my dick hard more than stupidity and ignorance.

I usually stay away from this place because whatever the topic, morons can't stay on topic and turn it into left vs. right. But when I see false narratives and uneducated posts about a serious topic, I feel the need to interject. But we all know no one gives a fuck. If someone thinks it's Trumps fault they will die on that hill.

Side note, this shit needs to end yesterday because I am in desperate need of a fucking haircut.

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I usually stay away from this place because whatever the topic, morons can't stay on topic and turn it into left vs. right. But when I see false narratives and uneducated posts about a serious topic, I feel the need to interject. But we all know no one gives a fuck. If someone thinks it's Trumps fault they will die on that hill.

Side note, this shit needs to end yesterday because I am in desperate need of a fucking haircut.

I could always just cover it with a ball cap but that isn't even working anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I could always just cover it with a ball cap but that isn't even working anymore. 

Long hair, ballcap, mask.  If you walked into a bank like that before, it would be an immediate push the alarm.  Now they will push the alarm if you don't have the mask on.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Long hair, ballcap, mask.  If you walked into a bank like that before, it would be an immediate push the alarm.  Now they will push the alarm if you don't have the mask on.

Reminds me of a joke someone told at work the week before we went remote:

"I was at the bank yesterday when someone came in wearing a mask, hat and glasses.  Everyone got scared until the guy said don't worry I'm not sick this is just a robbery."

14 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Yeah, I usually just rock hats (and have to deal with the bullshit comments because I wear various hats and everyone thinks I'm a fan of their team), but the shit growing over my ears, curling up on my neck and looks feathered like that gay country singer Keith Urban.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I did this once and it ironically happened to be Halloween. I used to ride a street bike and would normally just leave it on if I was going to be in a place three minutes or less. I was a preferred customer at BofA and they knew me. I walked up to the business partners line and they started to help me with my daily business deposit while I had my motorcycle helmet on. They even said, "Hey Brandon!" but then a manager comes up and stops the transaction and makes me take my helmet off before they finish the transaction.

Seems right, but everyone in there that knew me gave her that bitch glare like she was on a power trip. Good times

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Nothing shows your superior intellect more than calling people "fucking morons."

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

How much of this outbreak should land on the feet of WHO?  And the question that I don't think any one of us can answer is how much of the governments response is based on what the WHO says?  Is it just coincidence that the day that the WHO declared a pandemic, Trump pretty much shut down the borders with Europe and the CDC said they were starting on working on a test?  Looking back, on March 9, 566 cases, March 10, we had 755 cases of coronavirus in the US.  March 11, it jumped past 1000.  March 12, 1300.  

It's almost like it was doubling every 2-3 days. How about that?