• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Calculate how much you’ll get, $1,200 or more - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/

looks like i'll be getting the full $2400.

if my wife also gets that amount, and my daughter too, that'll help a fair amount.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't think you are using the calculator correctly.

what am i missing? 

i typed in my salary and 0 dependants and my filing status. it said "you can expect to get the full $2400."

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

what am i missing? 

i typed in my salary and 0 dependants and my filing status. it said "you can expect to get the full $2400."

The $2,400 would be for both of you, not $2,400 each. Also if your daughter isn't full time, a minor, and is still a dependent, I'm not sure she would qualify for anything.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, Tank said:

pretty sure i'd end up owing a significant amount that i'm just not willing to pay.

sorry st1ck. looks like you're out of the garage. best wishes.

St1ck, good news! I am currently finishing out my garage!! I can string up a hammock so you can bunk out Skipper and Gilligan style with the captain of a chinese fishing vessel in town for a month. 

3 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

St1ck, good news! I am currently finishing out my garage!! I can string up a hammock so you can bunk out Skipper and Gilligan style with the captain of a chinese fishing vessel in town for a month. 

oh boy, st1ck, this is just what you've been hoping for all these years! ahoy, matey, full steam ahead.

I'm still wondering why they are giving the check to everyone.

Why not just the people on Workers Comp? Raise their weekly amount by $100. That way it goes to those who need it.

That way it would cost less and go further.

The people still working shouldn't need it.

Anyone else have any input on this?

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I'm still wondering why they are giving the check to everyone.

Why not just the people on Workers Comp? Raise their weekly amount by $100. That way it goes to those who need it.

That way it would cost less and go further.

The people still working shouldn't need it.

Anyone else have any input on this?

I think they did raise unemployment benefits also.  

As for why everyone under a certain amount and not just those unemployed.  I'm thinking they don't view it more as giving everyone $1200.  But more as they will spend the $1200 on hookers and blow, I mean to inject back into the economy.  But with a lot of businesses closed, this won't have the benefit that was hoped.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I think they did raise unemployment benefits also.  

As for why everyone under a certain amount and not just those unemployed.  I'm thinking they don't view it more as giving everyone $1200.  But more as they will spend the $1200 on hookers and blow, I mean to inject back into the economy.  But with a lot of businesses closed, this won't have the benefit that was hoped.  

It raises unemployment benefits by $600 a week.

The 2 trillion stimulus deal will help people filing for unemployment benefits heres how - MarketWatch
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-2-trillion-stimulus-deal-will-help-those-filing-unemployment-claims-heres-how-2020-03-26