• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

17 minutes ago, ettin said:

You know I give credit to INO for developing their brand and all of that and the reality is that for the price they serve a quality hamburger.

However, I just feel that their reputation is overblown and certainly not deserving of the long traffic lines that continuously show up at each location. Other than the not-so-great french fries they serve above average burgers, shakes, etc. But is it really worth the wait for it? Not really to me, personally.

I fully disagree.  the simplicity of the burger is what makes it taste amazing.  I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

It's the single best fast food item I've ever had.  

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

And to do it for around half the price of Five Guys or Shake Shack...

33 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I fully disagree.  the simplicity of the burger is what makes it taste amazing.  I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

It's the single best fast food item I've ever had.  

There isn't a single restaurant chain that produces what we produce the way we produce it.  Find another place that gets meat as fresh as we do, never freezes it, and serves the number of people we serve daily.  Hell, I would put our current sales, where we are only serving people through the drive thru and compare it to any other competitors normal volume and we blow them away.  

The lines may seem long, and compared to our competition they are long, but at the same time it is still a huge drop in business.  One that will affect thousands of our associates across the 6 states we do business in.  

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There isn't a single restaurant chain that produces what we produce the way we produce it.  Find another place that gets meat as fresh as we do, never freezes it, and serves the number of people we serve daily.  Hell, I would put our current sales, where we are only serving people through the drive thru and compare it to any other competitors normal volume and we blow them away.  

The lines may seem long, and compared to our competition they are long, but at the same time it is still a huge drop in business.  One that will affect thousands of our associates across the 6 states we do business in.  

Again @Stradling I don't care for the french fries and the long lines but beyond that I think it is an above average operation and I wouldn't disagree about their ability to consistently create an above average product.

And despite my preference for Five Guys (and their corresponding higher prices) I, of course, don't want to see people lose their jobs, so please don't conflate my dislike of the fries with the state of the business, I have grave concerns for multiple restaurants/fast food joints around the country, this will be a back-breaker for many of them and their associates/employees. The sooner our hands get wrapped around this containment strategy the more damage that will be mitigated long-term.

Just now, ettin said:

Again @Stradling I don't care for the french fries and the long lines but beyond that I think it is an above average operation and I wouldn't disagree about their ability to consistently create an above average product.

And despite my preference for Five Guys (and their corresponding higher prices) I, of course, don't want to see people lose their jobs, so please don't conflate my dislike of the fries with the state of the business, I have grave concerns for multiple restaurants/fast food joints around the country, this will be a back-breaker for many of them and their associates/employees. The sooner our hands get wrapped around this containment strategy the more damage that will be mitigated long-term.

Oh I wasn’t, I was just sharing the impact.  

1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

When the rivalry between the Angels and Rangers was hot, those damned Rangers fans would always go on and on about Whataburger.  I've had Whataburger and it is a fine burger  (IMHO)....but I would have never admitted it to those Sandy-the-Squirrel-talking s.o.b.'s. 

I had Whataburger in Texas (a "chop house" burger with grilled jalapeños) and thought it was great. I've also had it in Florida and New Mexico (where they did not offer the same burger as they do in Texas) and thought it was completely mediocre. And their fries are just the frozen kind from Restaurant Depot. I know In-N-Out's fries aren't particularly popular, but at least they make an effort to do something different. 

5 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Wendy’s. 

and serves the number of people we serve daily.  

There's a Wendy's directly across the street from the INO I go to. While there are usually 15+ cars at INO, I've never seen more than 2 at Wendy's.  90% if the time, there are 0.

Oh, and there burgers suck. 

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Not really. Strad asked to find someone with never frozen beef that serves as much as INO. I found one. 

Technically, he asked for someone who serves "meat as fresh as we do." Does Wendy's get their meat delivered every day? That would surprise me, as their burgers suck.