• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You don't skip lines when you order through an app. All it does is allow to apply coupons or just order through your card so you don't have to do it at the drive-thru or in person or whatever you choose. Speeds things up. You simply go to the place and give them your code or name and you get your food. You still have to wait in line/your turn.

I've never used an app to order food so I don't know how most of them work, but I clearly remember when Chick-fil-A came out with their app about four years ago, the major selling point was the ability to "skip the line."

1 hour ago, SoPas Angel said:

I've never used an app to order food so I don't know how most of them work, but I clearly remember when Chick-fil-A came out with their app about four years ago, the major selling point was the ability to "skip the line."

It’s the major selling point of Starbucks app as well. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Explain.  

Almost every other fast food place has an app where you can place orders ahead of time, as well as rack up loyalty/reward points that can be redeemed for food items. As much as I love INO, I eat at Chick-fil-A more because I often have enough points to get a free order of fries, etc.

INO actually has a clothing line, so that could be incorporated into the rewards as well.

The app wouldn't allow you to skip the lines, as the food wouldn't be made until you arrive to the restaurant anyway.

1 hour ago, SoPas Angel said:

You "skip the line" in a sense that you wait until your food is ready, and someone brings it to you or you pick it up from the counter. You can also go through the drive-thru.

It just makes it easier and more convenient to order, especially if you're ordering for more than one person. 

i don't see in-n-out ever doing that.

for starbucks, if your hot coffee sits for a while, it doesn't change anything.

but in-n-out's whole schtick is freshness, it's why they are so strict where they open locations as it has to be very close distance to the distribution centers. 

but if you order double double and fries, and it's sitting on a counter it will lose taste/warmth by the time you get there. 

sure it was a little more convenient, but it's just plain not as good. 

it's why they don't do delivery (or allow these gig workers / 3rd party cos deliver their stuff) - they want full control over the experience and quality. 

I've only had In n Out once since this whole work from home situation started and I had a dream last night about getting a neapolitan milkshake (I never get milkshakes) with my double meat burger and well done fries.

I'm having withdrawals.  

57 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i don't see in-n-out ever doing that.

for starbucks, if your hot coffee sits for a while, it doesn't change anything.

but in-n-out's whole schtick is freshness, it's why they are so strict where they open locations as it has to be very close distance to the distribution centers. 

but if you order double double and fries, and it's sitting on a counter it will lose taste/warmth by the time you get there. 

sure it was a little more convenient, but it's just plain not as good. 

it's why they don't do delivery (or allow these gig workers / 3rd party cos deliver their stuff) - they want full control over the experience and quality. 

Chick-fil-A doesn't make your order until you arrive at the restaurant, so this is a moot point.

7 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

You don't skip lines when you order through an app. All it does is allow to apply coupons or just order through your card so you don't have to do it at the drive-thru or in person or whatever you choose. Speeds things up. You simply go to the place and give them your code or name and you get your food. You still have to wait in line/your turn.

I also like the fact that if you customize something (and I frequently do, because onions and I don't mix), that is already listed in the order and you don't have to explain everything once you arrive. Taco Bell's app is over the top with options. Not only can you leave stuff off, you can substitute and add on, plus ask for less or more of anything that is normally included.

28 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I also like the fact that if you customize something (and I frequently do, because onions and I don't mix), that is already listed in the order and you don't have to explain everything once you arrive. Taco Bell's app is over the top with options. Not only can you leave stuff off, you can substitute and add on, plus ask for less or more of anything that is normally included.

Oh yes, this is a big plus. I can actually get things added to my order for free that places would normally charge me for if I ordered without the app.

41 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Their in-store ordering kiosks are the same way, except they’re probably covered in coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

Their in-store ordering kiosks are the same way, except they’re probably covered in coronavirus.

I doubt that you can even go inside at this point. The only places where you can go inside around here are places that have takeout but no drive through. I picked up lunch from Black Bear Diner earlier today, was a little tired of fast food.

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I doubt that you can even go inside at this point. The only places where you can go inside around here are places that have takeout but no drive through. I picked up lunch from Black Bear Diner earlier today, was a little tired of fast food.

Yum. Their pies are terrific.

Just now, Tank said:

Yum. Their pies are terrific.

The ironic thing is that I had never heard of them before we made a trip to Reno when my stepdaughter was up there doing her undergraduate work. We ate dinner at Black Bear, and I noticed on the menu that Las Vegas was listed as having a location. They had one restaurant here at the time, and they have added three more since.

6 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We have one here. Good food and big portions. Usually the place is packed all the time.

So I've been tossing this around in my head for a few days:

My daughter (20) works at Dunkin' Donuts doing random, various tasks. Some days she's the drive through person, some days the order fulfiller, some days, etc.  (you get the picture).  It's a part time job where she happens to make pretty decent money that helps her to afford the things she wants and helps with college expenses.  She has a group of work friends that is her social circle right now.  (She commutes to CSUF.)

Dunkin' currently has walk-in and drive through services, but no indoor seating is allowed.  I'm a little uncomfortable with her working and have attempted to dissuade her from continuing to work.  Her mother (my ex-wife) and my current wife agree that the risk outweighs the benefits.  We've both had discussions about her quitting, but my daughter continues to resist.  She can be quite the little bitch when she puts her mind to it. 

I haven't pulled the Dad Card yet, but I'm worried enough that I may have to. My question (at long last):  am I overreacting?

She's explained Dunkin's "commitment to cleanliness", wears gloves, and washes hands often.  I've countered with many of the logical arguments.

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

State is closing beach parking lots today.   I suppose that is good in some ways...a lot of beach parking in LA county was already closed and the last thing we need is people driving down to OC beaches from other areas.    But it's taking away an option for a lot of OC residents to get outdoors.    

1 hour ago, halomatt said:

So I've been tossing this around in my head for a few days:

My daughter (20) works at Dunkin' Donuts doing random, various tasks. Some days she's the drive through person, some days the order fulfiller, some days, etc.  (you get the picture).  It's a part time job where she happens to make pretty decent money that helps her to afford the things she wants and helps with college expenses.  She has a group of work friends that is her social circle right now.  (She commutes to CSUF.)

Dunkin' currently has walk-in and drive through services, but no indoor seating is allowed.  I'm a little uncomfortable with her working and have attempted to dissuade her from continuing to work.  Her mother (my ex-wife) and my current wife agree that the risk outweighs the benefits.  We've both had discussions about her quitting, but my daughter continues to resist.  She can be quite the little bitch when she puts her mind to it. 

I haven't pulled the Dad Card yet, but I'm worried enough that I may have to. My question (at long last):  am I overreacting?

She's explained Dunkin's "commitment to cleanliness", wears gloves, and washes hands often.  I've countered with many of the logical arguments.

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

To complicate things even further, a lot of opinions on this are sharply divided along political lines.    I live in a conservative area and our school board is already planning on opening schools on April 23rd  (as compared to CSULB, which has decided to go strictly online until the end of the school year).   My decision process is much less complicated because I don't have to consider economic/political concerns that the school board does....so, when the time comes, if I don't feel very good about the safety....my HS sophomore is staying home.   But she's 16  (not 20) and I would think a Dunkin Donuts would be a much cleaner environment that a HS campus w/ 1,000 student (not the most hygienic group)  mingling all day.