• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/older-people-would-rather-die-than-let-covid-19-lockdown-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy – Texas official

Lieutenant governor Dan Patrick tells Fox News: ‘Do we have to shut down the entire country for this? I think we can get back to work’

Maybe the stupidest thing I've heard so far. I'm 70 years old and wouldn't want to die to save the economy. Although I have no problem with him being willing to die to save the economy. One less moron to worry about.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

4 hours ago, halomatt said:

So I've been tossing this around in my head for a few days:

My daughter (20) works at Dunkin' Donuts doing random, various tasks. Some days she's the drive through person, some days the order fulfiller, some days, etc.  (you get the picture).  It's a part time job where she happens to make pretty decent money that helps her to afford the things she wants and helps with college expenses.  She has a group of work friends that is her social circle right now.  (She commutes to CSUF.)

Dunkin' currently has walk-in and drive through services, but no indoor seating is allowed.  I'm a little uncomfortable with her working and have attempted to dissuade her from continuing to work.  Her mother (my ex-wife) and my current wife agree that the risk outweighs the benefits.  We've both had discussions about her quitting, but my daughter continues to resist.  She can be quite the little bitch when she puts her mind to it. 

I haven't pulled the Dad Card yet, but I'm worried enough that I may have to. My question (at long last):  am I overreacting?

She's explained Dunkin's "commitment to cleanliness", wears gloves, and washes hands often.  I've countered with many of the logical arguments.

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

At 20 I would let her do her thing. As long as she's healthy she's not in real personal danger. I don't have the desire to battle my girls on  every bad decision they make. Too exhausting

7 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/older-people-would-rather-die-than-let-covid-19-lockdown-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy – Texas official

Lieutenant governor Dan Patrick tells Fox News: ‘Do we have to shut down the entire country for this? I think we can get back to work’

Maybe the stupidest thing I've heard so far. I'm 70 years old and wouldn't want to die to save the economy. Although I have no problem with him being willing to die to save the economy. One less moron to worry about.

this is what happens when you have a compete fucking moron leading the country and a whole bunch of complete morons who will blindly follow along. Th blind leading the blind in real life.

I know the Rockies Season will be postponed awhile because Denver is under quarantine. Probably The Mariners and The Phillies Seasons will be postponed as well, meaning yes, Baseball in general will be postponed. The six-feet separation would be rather difficult in a Major League Ballpark. Once the pandemic ends, which I hope will be soon,  who knows. At the very least, Baseball Season will be late starting this year.

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

my grandma passed today at the ripe age of 100 but no one could be by her side because she was in the hospital.  she was such a sweet sweet lady.  truly not a bad bone in her body.  

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. Wish the best for you and the rest of your family.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

my grandma passed today at the ripe age of 100 but no one could be by her side because she was in the hospital.  she was such a sweet sweet lady.  truly not a bad bone in her body.  

Sorry for your loss Doc, may your grandmother Rest In Peace.

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Condolences 

We had our first positive case, confirmed on Thursday. This is an employee who didn't run a fever until about a week in, meaning that she passed our temperature screenings every day on the way to work. She works intake, so both of our intake units are on quarantine for the next two weeks. This is what I have spent the past two days on - that, and people further losing their minds. My employees are still showing up for work. I left the office about an hour and a half late today, making sure that everything is in place for the weekend.

This just hit the local news, so the family calls are just beginning.

I am on call for the southern region over the weekend. Three institutions with about 6,000 inmates total, two of them intake centers. We will see what that brings.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:19 AM, Dochalo said:

They don't make them like that anymore.  Deeply sorry for your loss.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:19 AM, Dochalo said:

Oh @Dochalo I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you and your family went through during her remaining time in the hospital. 

What a sad time it is when we can't be around our elderly loved ones. 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:19 AM, Dochalo said:

Wow 100. What a blessed life. Sorry to hear this. People that survive a life of longevity like this are very special. She saw a lot of things along the way. May she RIP. 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It sounds like he does.  Hopefully he recovers soon.  Also, extremely ill advised to take the tough guy approach and try and “hold off”

if you start having trouble breathing, even a little that’s red alert time to go to the hospital, immediately. 

If you push your luck for too long, even a ventilator won't help.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They don't make them like that anymore.  Deeply sorry for your loss.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh @Dochalo I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you and your family went through during her remaining time in the hospital. 

What a sad time it is when we can't be around our elderly loved ones. 

7 hours ago, RendZone said:

Wow 100. What a blessed life. Sorry to hear this. People that survive a life of longevity like this are very special. She saw a lot of things along the way. May she RIP. 

thanks guys.  

On 3/26/2020 at 3:19 AM, Dochalo said:

Dude I'm so sorry. 

She made it to 100 years, that's definitely amazing though.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, beatlesrule said:

Coupons make me buy things I wouldn't buy otherwise. Right now, Burger King's app is including two kids meals, minus the toys, with any purchase. So that means I can simply buy a four piece chicken nuggets for $0.79 and I'll also get 2 kids meals. I have no desire to go to Burger King today but for that deal, I will.

You don't skip lines when you order through an app. All it does is allow to apply coupons or just order through your card so you don't have to do it at the drive-thru or in person or whatever you choose. Speeds things up. You simply go to the place and give them your code or name and you get your food. You still have to wait in line/your turn.

this comment reminds me of conversations i've had with my dad. i'll preface by saying, eat whatever the hell you want. my dad loves dollar menus. the cheaper the food, seemingly the better. my point to him is: it's literally the fuel you're putting into your body. how good could it be if they're willing to sell you a whole hamburger for $1?

just speaking for myself, i don't care how cheaply BK or McD's, etc. want to sell their food for. i don't want it in my body. i don't make a habit of eating hamburgers, but when i do, then i'd happily eat a DD with fried mustard, pickles and heavy chilis. that's how i do it.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, arch stanton said:

At 20 I would let her do her thing. As long as she's healthy she's not in real personal danger. I don't have the desire to battle my girls on  every bad decision they make. Too exhausting

this is not correct. obviously a young healthy person is significantly more likely to have less complications, but we have seen very healthy people have very serious problems from this virus. she needs to remember the best advice that any doctor has given in this time which is, don't act like you're trying not to get it. act like you have it and you're trying not to spread it.