Kevinb

Coronavirus Impact

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's either that or McDonald's. 

I don't like the Big Mac, but the McDouble is my third-favorite fast food burger behind the Double-Double and Del Taco's Double Del. (Although one time I bought a fresh brioche bun at a bakery, then went to Five Guys and ordered one of their burgers wrapped in lettuce instead of their godawful sesame-seed bun, and placed it in the fresh bun. Spectacular.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

I LOVE the Double Del Cheeseburger. (In fact, if you Google it, something I wrote about my love for it comes up second; Del Taco's website is first.)

But there are Del Tacos where I live now and no In-N-Out, so, you know... 

Fantastic. It's fast food's best kept secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ettin said:

You know I give credit to INO for developing their brand and all of that and the reality is that for the price they serve a quality hamburger.

However, I just feel that their reputation is overblown and certainly not deserving of the long traffic lines that continuously show up at each location. Other than the not-so-great french fries they serve above average burgers, shakes, etc. But is it really worth the wait for it? Not really to me, personally.

I fully disagree.  the simplicity of the burger is what makes it taste amazing.  I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

It's the single best fast food item I've ever had.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

And to do it for around half the price of Five Guys or Shake Shack...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I fully disagree.  the simplicity of the burger is what makes it taste amazing.  I've had hundreds of burgers and there are some good ones out there but to mass produce one that satisfies everything you'd want in a burger every time without fail is incredible.  

It's the single best fast food item I've ever had.  

There isn't a single restaurant chain that produces what we produce the way we produce it.  Find another place that gets meat as fresh as we do, never freezes it, and serves the number of people we serve daily.  Hell, I would put our current sales, where we are only serving people through the drive thru and compare it to any other competitors normal volume and we blow them away.  

The lines may seem long, and compared to our competition they are long, but at the same time it is still a huge drop in business.  One that will affect thousands of our associates across the 6 states we do business in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There isn't a single restaurant chain that produces what we produce the way we produce it.  Find another place that gets meat as fresh as we do, never freezes it, and serves the number of people we serve daily.  Hell, I would put our current sales, where we are only serving people through the drive thru and compare it to any other competitors normal volume and we blow them away.  

The lines may seem long, and compared to our competition they are long, but at the same time it is still a huge drop in business.  One that will affect thousands of our associates across the 6 states we do business in.  

Again @Stradling I don't care for the french fries and the long lines but beyond that I think it is an above average operation and I wouldn't disagree about their ability to consistently create an above average product.

And despite my preference for Five Guys (and their corresponding higher prices) I, of course, don't want to see people lose their jobs, so please don't conflate my dislike of the fries with the state of the business, I have grave concerns for multiple restaurants/fast food joints around the country, this will be a back-breaker for many of them and their associates/employees. The sooner our hands get wrapped around this containment strategy the more damage that will be mitigated long-term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ettin said:

Again @Stradling I don't care for the french fries and the long lines but beyond that I think it is an above average operation and I wouldn't disagree about their ability to consistently create an above average product.

And despite my preference for Five Guys (and their corresponding higher prices) I, of course, don't want to see people lose their jobs, so please don't conflate my dislike of the fries with the state of the business, I have grave concerns for multiple restaurants/fast food joints around the country, this will be a back-breaker for many of them and their associates/employees. The sooner our hands get wrapped around this containment strategy the more damage that will be mitigated long-term.

Oh I wasn’t, I was just sharing the impact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

When the rivalry between the Angels and Rangers was hot, those damned Rangers fans would always go on and on about Whataburger.  I've had Whataburger and it is a fine burger  (IMHO)....but I would have never admitted it to those Sandy-the-Squirrel-talking s.o.b.'s. 

I had Whataburger in Texas (a "chop house" burger with grilled jalapeños) and thought it was great. I've also had it in Florida and New Mexico (where they did not offer the same burger as they do in Texas) and thought it was completely mediocre. And their fries are just the frozen kind from Restaurant Depot. I know In-N-Out's fries aren't particularly popular, but at least they make an effort to do something different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stradling said:

There isn't a single restaurant chain that produces what we produce the way we produce it.  Find another place that gets meat as fresh as we do, never freezes it, and serves the number of people we serve daily.  

Wendy’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Wendy’s. 

and serves the number of people we serve daily.  

 

There's a Wendy's directly across the street from the INO I go to. While there are usually 15+ cars at INO, I've never seen more than 2 at Wendy's.  90% if the time, there are 0.

Oh, and there burgers suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lou said:

and serves the number of people we serve daily.  

 

There's a Wendy's directly across the street from the INO I go to. While there are usually 15+ cars at INO, I've never seen more than 2 at Wendy's.  90% if the time, there are 0.

Oh, and there burgers suck. 

I’m pretty sure Wendy’s serves millions more than INO on any given day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Not really. Strad asked to find someone with never frozen beef that serves as much as INO. I found one. 

Ok, now try per location.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.