• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, Jay said:

If the test is prescribed by a doctor your insurance will pay. If you have a sniffle and decide to go get tested, you're going to pay.

That hasn’t been my situation. Two of the times I got tested I didn’t have to show my insurance card. One of those was at a drive thru CVS where we did a nasal swab in the car, sealed it up, and gave it back.

my daughter had to do a rapid test for work as she needed the results immediately. Cost her over $200. 

in short, there hasn’t been a lot of consistency in testing around here.

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

Ballpark and All Star make identical pizza.

I like terra Mia in Laguna hills and oggis 

I get Ballpark a couple times a month. The one time I got All Star, I can confirm it's a similar pizza but not identical.

Oggi's is good. Are they just an OC chain? For some reason I thought they were larger than that.

Just looked up photos of Terra Mia's pizza and now I want pizza.

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

This is what is great about Larry.  You can fuck with him and he doesn't get butt hurt. What do they say, we are all in this together or some shit. 

We bicker and throw banter on here but we all want each other to be healthy. Seeing the other side of the spectrum does a person good. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

If the test is prescribed by a doctor your insurance will pay. If you have a sniffle and decide to go get tested, you're going to pay.

No Jay, I and my wife have been tested and they took our insurance card and the insurance paid. No it wasn't doctor prescribed  but just scheduling an appointment myself. It may vary by insurance carrier but mine paid. Have you been tested?  I have been and they paid.  

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

No Jay, I and my wife have been tested and they took our insurance card and the insurance paid. No it wasn't doctor prescribed  but just scheduling an appointment myself. It may vary by insurance carrier but mine paid. Have you been tested?  I have been and they paid.  

No I've not been tested but there has been no need so far.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

No I've not been tested but there has been no need so far.

ok, but my point was you said you can't be tested insurance wise without a prescription and have to pay yourself and depending on your carrier that may not be true. I would put my money at Vegas that you schedule a test and give them your insurance card they pay.  Quit acting like Candace Owens. 

So coverage for testing is largely dictated by the CARES (COVID relief) act. Here's a pretty good read on COVID testing, vaccines and coverage:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20210303.284998/full/

Admittedly long TLDR (copy and paste, bolded where I thought appropriate):

1. Plans and insurers must assume that a COVID-19 test—when provided or referred by a licensed or authorized health care provider—is based on an individualized clinical assessment and should thus be covered without cost-sharing, prior authorization, or other medical management requirements.

...plans and insurers must cover, without cost-sharing, COVID-19 tests for asymptomatic individuals regardless of whether a patient has symptoms or was exposed to COVID-19.  

2. Coverage without cost-sharing also extends to items and services provided during a medical visit, such as the office or urgent care visit when the COVID-19 test occurred or was ordered. To comply with this requirement, plans and insurers should maintain claims processing and other technology systems in a way that protects enrollees from inappropriate cost-sharing for related items and services.

3. Consistent with the Trump-era guidance, plans and insurers are not responsible for testing for general workplace health and safety, public health surveillance, or other purposes “not primarily intended” for individualized diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19. But there is no bar to covering tests for those purposes, so plans and insurers that want to do so can.

15 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Also, I hope you feel better quickly, @wopphil.

Thanks man. Any recommendations on how long I stay isolated? My understanding is 10 days after onset of symptoms, and until your symptoms have all resolved. I guess my issue is that my symptoms have been mild so it’s a little hard to pin point the date of onset. 

21 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Thanks man. Any recommendations on how long I stay isolated? My understanding is 10 days after onset of symptoms, and until your symptoms have all resolved. I guess my issue is that my symptoms have been mild so it’s a little hard to pin point the date of onset. 

It's not that strict.

Here are the CDC guidelines:

10 days since symptoms first appeared 

and

24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications 

and

Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*

*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation

23 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Phil, I shut myself upstairs and luckily kids had moved by then for about a week and then got tested again negative.  I pumped weights whole time between bathroom visits and have a fridge up there and just watched Netflix.  Unfortunately the worst part was my work bugging me. 

18 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's not that strict.

Here are the CDC guidelines:

10 days since symptoms first appeared 

and

24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications 

and

Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*

*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation

Can't you cut it short if you get 2 negative tests?  

@wopphilhope you feel better man.  The people I know that have been vaccinated and describe similar fairly minor symptoms seem to be back in business pretty quickly.  Only a couple of people so I mean it’s not a huge number of people….so take it for what it is.  But still I’m sure you’ll have a similar experience.  Take it easy man.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

I get Ballpark a couple times a month. The one time I got All Star, I can confirm it's a similar pizza but not identical.

Oggi's is good. Are they just an OC chain? For some reason I thought they were larger than that.

I believe Oggi’s originated out of San Diego. They have them all over now 

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

OGgis is a SD chain that expanded to OC