• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Used to go to Oggis in Corona as it was down the street from me for Angels games. Not a bad spot.

Been talking with a chick and pretty sure she has it. Feels like shit and got tested two days ago, feels worse, and today has no sense of smell. I've known people with it and what not, but this is the first person I know before, during, and after while talking through the process. She said the alternate Advil and then Tylenol every four hours the nurse recommended works. She can tell when it wears off because she first feels it in her waist and hips and then it kind of spreads until she gets a tightness in her chest/lungs. Kind of a trip from a science perspective to follow someone go through it. 

Her results come in tomorrow, I think, which means it will come back negative since I posted about it.

3 hours ago, Crampknees said:

ok, but my point was you said you can't be tested insurance wise without a prescription and have to pay yourself and depending on your carrier that may not be true. I would put my money at Vegas that you schedule a test and give them your insurance card they pay.  Quit acting like Candace Owens. 

I have Blue Cross and the last time I got Covid tested (outside of work) it was simply walk in to my medical center, ask for a test and explained my symptoms. It was a $10 copay like any other visit. 

That was over a year and a half ago and since then I've gotten weekly Covid tests for work at no cost through my employer. Recently they went from Rapid Testing which took 20 minutes to PCR that takes about 24 hours for results.

I can see where different circumstance can end up with different results due to lack of or insurance limits. But getting tested is pretty easy. 

3 hours ago, wopphil said:

Thanks man. Any recommendations on how long I stay isolated? My understanding is 10 days after onset of symptoms, and until your symptoms have all resolved. I guess my issue is that my symptoms have been mild so it’s a little hard to pin point the date of onset. 

Sorry to hear you caught this shit. My editing assist caught it, he had been vaccinated so his symptoms lasted about 5 days. He tested positive at work on a rapid test and was ushered out of the building immediately. At the time he was asymptomatic but a day later it hit like a ton of bricks. 

In two days the fever broke along with body aches then a day later it returned for two more days then it broke and he felt fine, although tired from the ordeal. He called into our covid captain (yeah a dumb title) and he was told once symptoms went away he had 24 hours before he could come out of quarantine. 

So four days later he's in Las Vegas for the Raiders preseason game. Hope your recovery is just as quick and successful. Just don't go to a Raider game, you could catch VD from those fans. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I have Blue Cross and the last time I got Covid tested (outside of work) it was simply walk in to my medical center, ask for a test and explained my symptoms. It was a $10 copay like any other visit. 

That was over a year and a half ago and since then I've gotten weekly Covid tests for work at no cost through my employer. Recently they went from Rapid Testing which took 20 minutes to PCR that takes about 24 hours for results.

I can see where different circumstance can end up with different results due to lack of or insurance limits. But getting tested is pretty easy. 

We got tested before going to Hawaii at CVS and Walgreens (did it twice just to ensure we got our results in time). No charge for either.

1 hour ago, cals said:

If she genuinely lost her sense of smell then she has it.  You generally don’t lose your sense of smell from a cold or flu.

Yeah, we are pretty certain. I sent her Pho yesterday and she said it tastes great…..but today can’t smell it taste. She’s not at the ER stage yet, but they told her to go there for some kind of antibodies treatment if it gets worse. I think she’ll be ok. Just unique to be a part of the process.

57 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, we are pretty certain. I sent her Pho yesterday and she said it tastes great…..but today can’t smell it taste. She’s not at the ER stage yet, but they told her to go there for some kind of antibodies treatment if it gets worse. I think she’ll be ok. Just unique to be a part of the process.

She should be ok. Odds are definitely in her favor. If she starts feeling worse, antibody treatment is the way to go. Definitely want to stay out of the hospital.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sorry to hear you caught this shit. My editing assist caught it, he had been vaccinated so his symptoms lasted about 5 days. He tested positive at work on a rapid test and was ushered out of the building immediately. At the time he was asymptomatic but a day later it hit like a ton of bricks. 

In two days the fever broke along with body aches then a day later it returned for two more days then it broke and he felt fine, although tired from the ordeal. He called into our covid captain (yeah a dumb title) and he was told once symptoms went away he had 24 hours before he could come out of quarantine. 

So four days later he's in Las Vegas for the Raiders preseason game. Hope your recovery is just as quick and successful. Just don't go to a Raider game, you could catch VD from those fans. 

This is why we can't have nice things.

13 minutes ago, cals said:

Thinking about @wopphil and I was starting to feel really bad for @Lhalo since all he wants is to have it.  

Then I thought, Phil, be a pal and give it to Larry.  Spit in his face, kiss or whatever but make Larry’s dreams come true.  Larry I’ll even bring you IPAs while you’re convalescing. 

The three of us should get together for IPAs - like, tonight. We could have them in my office. I’ll shut the door and we can sit in close in close proximity. @Lhalo, you in? You pick the beer. I am only a half mile from the circle, so you can walk over to street fair after.  

32 minutes ago, wopphil said:

The three of us should get together for IPAs - like, tonight. We could have them in my office. I’ll shut the door and we can sit in close in close proximity. @Lhalo, you in? You pick the beer. I am only a half mile from the circle, so you can walk over to street fair after.  

Chicken pox parties for adults.

8 hours ago, Crampknees said:

ok, but my point was you said you can't be tested insurance wise without a prescription and have to pay yourself and depending on your carrier that may not be true. I would put my money at Vegas that you schedule a test and give them your insurance card they pay.  Quit acting like Candace Owens. 

You may be right.

I have heard of many people who paid but maybe they couldn't get an appointment for a free test.

46 minutes ago, cals said:

Well it really is.  Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get the vaccine, but natural immunity has proven stronger than the vaccines.

Correct, but when you see somebody say that, they're often inferring that natural immunity is somehow magically conferred and you don't have to roll the dice on COVID to acquire it.