• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Dr. Siegel hails results of research into anti-inflammatory drug as 'sign of hope' in coronavirus fight

Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday that while the anti-inflammatory steroid dexamethasone shows great promise in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, he still wants to see how it fares in "peer-reviewed" studies.

Earlier Tuesday, researchers at Oxford University announced preliminary results of a study showing that dexamethasone had been found to reduce deaths in patients receiving oxygen by one-fifth and in patients on ventilators by one-third.

Siegel explained that the drug works by suppresses the inflammation caused by coronavirus -- which can gravely affected patients' lungs and heart.

"[Inflammatory symptoms are] what is causing death to the circulatory system and lungs of most patients," he said.

5 hours ago, calscuf said:

Larry, my neighbor that has it is a Mormon who was calling this a hoax a month before.  These neighbors are a couple of dimwitted Trump supporters who ejaculate when Tucker makes his confused face.  

She must have got it because she didn’t take precautions (we think the local Mormon churches were still basically open for business).

And again, this crease walked outside and talked to us, looking like a vampire and we only know because my other neighbor was like “Jesus are dying?”  Point being, these were yours and chucks folks.  Dipshits that doubted the virus and then got it and then seems to want everyone else to get it.

Wear a mask.  Cause retarded, infected people may be standing next to you.

Next time ask your Mormon neighbor if Joseph Smith really read words that magically appeared on a rock that eventually became the Book of Mormon or if that’s a hoax? Or if God really told him to bang teenage girls and married women behind his wife’s back or if he was just a horny dude and used God as an excuse to get his other rocks off? 

BTW the rate of infections has increased while the death rate has decreased. This is exactly what you want to happen to reach heard immunity. Locking up the economy until their is some magical vaccine is pants on head retarded.

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

BTW the rate of infections has increased while the death rate has decreased. This is exactly what you want to happen to reach heard immunity. Locking up the economy until their is some magical vaccine is pants on head retarded.

While I agree with you, link?

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Have there been any state governors that have stated their plan is to shut down everything until there is a vaccine? 

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Why are you talking about governors? I'm talking about other people making that argument. Your question has nothing to do with my comment.

Who are these people making that argument? People on Twitter? Yahoo comment sections? If they aren't in a position to make that decision, who gives a shit? 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Who are these people making that argument? People on Twitter? Yahoo comment sections? If they aren't in a position to make that decision, who gives a shit? 

Me. Isn't that the whole reason we discuss politics with each other? Is there a governor on this board that I don't know about?

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Me. Isn't that the whole reason we discuss politics with each other? Is there a governor on this board that I don't know about?

I don't recall anyone on this board making that argument. 

33 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

While I agree with you, link?

Here's a WaPo link that states the climb in infections. Of course they don't mention the death rates because they're biased AF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/17/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Here are the stats I got from Google. North Carolina wasn't available and Nevada's stats seam fucky.

image.png

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Here's a WaPo link that states the climb in infections. Of course they don't mention the death rates because they're biased AF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/17/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Here are the stats I got from Google. North Carolina wasn't available and Nevada's stats seam fucky.

image.png

There is a shit ton of testing going on so cases will go up. As long as the health care system isn't being overwhelmed then we continue with life but just use a a few precautions. 

https://freopp.org/the-covid-19-nursing-home-crisis-by-the-numbers-3a47433c3f70

42%?? That is an extremely small percentage of the US population that accounts for a large percentage of the deaths. Had local leaders taken care of and prepared these facilities then I think our outcome looks completely different. If there is a second wave then we know where the focus should be. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://freopp.org/the-covid-19-nursing-home-crisis-by-the-numbers-3a47433c3f70

42%?? That is an extremely small percentage of the US population that accounts for a large percentage of the deaths. Had local leaders taken care of and prepared these facilities then I think our outcome looks completely different. If there is a second wave then we know where the focus should be. 

Currently 50% of the death's in OC are from SNF's:

https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

My wife works at one and they had a worker come down with COVID so now all workers and residents get tested monthly.  Unfortunately though there's a window there where someone could come down with it and not know it for a few weeks but there's not much you can do about that if they're asymptomatic or ignore the signs.  Luckily it seems that the person who got it didn't ignore the signs and so far no one else has tested positive.  Some of the caregivers work at multiple facilities so if one of those individuals were to come down with it by the time they realize it they've possibly spread it to more than one site. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Currently 50% of the death's in OC are from SNF's:

https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

My wife works at one and they had a worker come down with COVID so now all workers and residents get tested monthly.  Unfortunately though there's a window there where someone could come down with it and not know it for a few weeks but there's not much you can do about that if they're asymptomatic or ignore the signs.  Luckily it seems that the person who got it didn't ignore the signs and so far no one else has tested positive.  Some of the caregivers work at multiple facilities so if one of those individuals were to come down with it by the time they realize it they've possibly spread it to more than one site. 

That alone seems like a fail in the system.