• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

13 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I dont like big crowds. honestly the only thing that pissed me is all my son's games got cancelled. I am over most other sports. baseball is barely hanging on by a thread

Ya it sucks for the kids in sports, especially when they are in club sports because you have to keep up with that level of play. Luckily at that age I ran X-country and track so a pair of shoes and I could just take off out the front door and run. You may have to spring for a batting cage in the backyard, still be cheaper than getting him into golf:)

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Not really. We all know tofu gives you gnarly gas.

Spend a warm autumn day with a bunch of sweating, nasty 12 & 13 year olds with little self-awareness about body odor, then get back to me.

48 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Ya it sucks for the kids in sports, especially when they are in club sports because you have to keep up with that level of play. Luckily at that age I ran X-country and track so a pair of shoes and I could just take off out the front door and run. You may have to spring for a batting cage in the backyard, still be cheaper than getting him into golf:)

Long and short term, I wonder how Covid is going to affect sports.  And by affect sports, I mean the development of athletes.  Little league, Pop Warner, etc all shut down since March.  That's a year of development for anyone under around 17.  In 2, 5, 10 years, will we see a steep decline in skills of people turning pro?  

7 hours ago, Fireball said:

Yes this was the his last travel season so on to college ball now. Guess I’m lucky he has more games but not the same as watching them as kids. I don’t get to tell him how bad he sucked on the way home 

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Yes this was the his last travel season so on to college ball now. Guess I’m lucky he has more games but not the same as watching them as kids. I don’t get to tell him how bad he sucked on the way home 

Wheres' he going to college.  

Coronavirus weakening, may disappear on its own, Italian doctor says

An Italian infectious disease doctor believes the coronavirus has become less dangerous — and could disappear on its own without a vaccine.

Dr. Matteo Bassetti, the head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital, said the virus appears to have become less potent, possibly due to genetic mutations, the Sunday Telegraph reported.

“The clinical impression I have is that the virus is changing in severity,” Bassetti told the outlet.

“In March and early April the patterns were completely different. People were coming to the emergency department with a very difficult to manage illness and they needed oxygen and ventilation, some developed pneumonia.”

But he said in the past month, “the picture has completely changed in terms of patterns.”

“It was like an aggressive tiger in March and April but now it’s like a wild cat,” Bassetti said. “Even elderly patients, aged 80 or 90, are now sitting up n bed and they are breathing without help. The same patients would have died in two or three days before.”

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Coronavirus weakening, may disappear on its own, Italian doctor says

An Italian infectious disease doctor believes the coronavirus has become less dangerous — and could disappear on its own without a vaccine.

Dr. Matteo Bassetti, the head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital, said the virus appears to have become less potent, possibly due to genetic mutations, the Sunday Telegraph reported.

“The clinical impression I have is that the virus is changing in severity,” Bassetti told the outlet.

“In March and early April the patterns were completely different. People were coming to the emergency department with a very difficult to manage illness and they needed oxygen and ventilation, some developed pneumonia.”

But he said in the past month, “the picture has completely changed in terms of patterns.”

“It was like an aggressive tiger in March and April but now it’s like a wild cat,” Bassetti said. “Even elderly patients, aged 80 or 90, are now sitting up n bed and they are breathing without help. The same patients would have died in two or three days before.”

Meh.