• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I'd say it's a combination of people not wearing masks, people not observing social distancing guidelines (pictures of people crammed into bars in some states), the protests/riots that have had thousands of people gathering and more testing.  In any given area the contributing factors will vary.  What's important to watch are hospitalizations to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/california-coronavirus-governor-gavin-newsom-200709655.html

"Yesterday Newsom revealed a 29 percent increase in total hospitalizations over the past 14 days. Today that number rose to 32 percent.

Total hospital space being used remains at 8 percent.

ICU numbers are increasing over the past 14 days, also. “Roughly 34 percent of the available ICU beds in our hospital system are being used,” said the governor. That’s up from 31 percent just 24 hours before.

Referencing the ICU numbers, Newsom said they are key to the decision about whether to retighten restrictions or continue reopening. “When our system cannot absorb, when there’s a capacity or limitation,” said the governor, “that’s when we put out alarm bells. When we see resource depletion, resource restraints, that’s when we get concerned.”

In OC as of today the number of hospitalizations are at a high while the number in ICU is below what it was at it's peak almost two weeks ago.  To date over half the deaths are still from SNF's and 74% were people over the age of 65.  It would be great if people could simply wear masks whenever they go into a business but despite seeing signs saying they're required I still see people going in without them and nobody working there says anything to them.  I've even seen that some people have printed bogus exemption cards that they're showing to businesses if asked to put on a mask.  Reminds me of people who would pay $20 or whatever it was online to register their animal as an emotional support animal which led to people taking animals that weren't trained as such on planes, into businesses and so on.  Just when I think we'll hit rock bottom we keep going lower.   

34 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'd say it's a combination of people not wearing masks, people not observing social distancing guidelines (pictures of people crammed into bars in some states), the protests/riots that have had thousands of people gathering and more testing.  In any given area the contributing factors will vary.  What's important to watch are hospitalizations to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/california-coronavirus-governor-gavin-newsom-200709655.html

"Yesterday Newsom revealed a 29 percent increase in total hospitalizations over the past 14 days. Today that number rose to 32 percent.

Total hospital space being used remains at 8 percent.

ICU numbers are increasing over the past 14 days, also. “Roughly 34 percent of the available ICU beds in our hospital system are being used,” said the governor. That’s up from 31 percent just 24 hours before.

Referencing the ICU numbers, Newsom said they are key to the decision about whether to retighten restrictions or continue reopening. “When our system cannot absorb, when there’s a capacity or limitation,” said the governor, “that’s when we put out alarm bells. When we see resource depletion, resource restraints, that’s when we get concerned.”

In OC as of today the number of hospitalizations are up while the number in ICU is below what it was at it's peak almost two weeks ago.  To date over half the deaths are still from SNF's and 74% were people over the age of 65.  It would be great if people could simply wear masks whenever they go into a business but despite seeing signs saying they're required I still see people going in without them and nobody working there says anything to them.  I've even seen that some people have printed bogus exemption cards that they're showing to businesses if asked to put on a mask.  Reminds me of people who would pay $20 or whatever it was online to register their animal as an emotional support animal which led to people taking animals that weren't trained as such on planes, into businesses and so on.  Just when I think we'll hit rock bottom we keep going lower.   

Yep.

It's generally fairly predictable.

Cases come first.

Hospitalizations come next.

ICU upgrades for some of those that don't get admitted to ICU initially follow soon thereafter. 

8 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Masks may be beneficial. However the libs destroyed their argument supporting all these leftist loon street festivals.  We essentially have the preacher reprimanding the women for dressing proactive while being a platinum member at the Doll House

Masks can save lives but I’m not going to wear them because libs

5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Masks can save lives but I’m not going to wear them because libs

Estimates say 33k if everyone wears a mask. 10 days worth of abortion in common terms. I’m willing to compromise. I’ll wear a mask to save 33k will you support ending abortions and save a million lives?

18 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Estimates say 33k if everyone wears a mask. 10 days worth of abortion in common terms. I’m willing to compromise. I’ll wear a mask to save 33k will you support ending abortions and save a million lives?

Do you really care about the unborn, or do you just want to exercise control over women?