• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Gov. Abbott closing bars, tubing businesses, limiting public gatherings | KXAN Austin
https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/gov-abbott-closing-bars-tubing-businesses-limiting-public-gatherings/

I bet CA will follow.  

Pretty sure my visit to a bar yesterday was less "dangerous" than attending a protest with thousands of people.

I don't think there's any need for hysteria over this. At this point, open things back up but encourage (and even enforce) safe social distancing and mask wearing. Obviously if you're outside eating you don't need to be wearing a mask.

Stuff like regularly washing your hands, using hand sanitizer and just being clean and sanitary should be things you're doing anyway.

Wear a damn mask. It's not fun, but it's a minor inconvenience. Just do it. It's not a political issue.

12 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Is it possible cases were much higher in March but we lacked test to capture them? We could possibly be in decline but yet we are capturing more cases through test. 

Definitely possible.

The one thing I do believe is that the virus was here well before it became a "pandemic". By no means am I saying it's just the flu, but I do think people were getting it in February or possibly earlier. 

My whole family had a nasty flu in January. It could have been just that, but when my brother and sister went to the hospital it "wasn't the flu" but a bad URI. 

I have no evidence to back up my claim but I've talked to several people who said the same thing. Again it was flu season so there's really no way to know for sure. But the symptoms were all there.

Edited by tdawg87

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Definitely possible.

The one thing I do believe is that the virus was here well before it became a "pandemic". By no means am I saying it's just the flu, but I do think people were getting it in February or possibly earlier. 

My whole family had a nasty flu in January. It could have been just that, but when my brother and sister went to the hospital it "wasn't the flu" but a bad URI. 

I have no evidence to back up my claim but I've talked to several people who said the same thing. Again it was flu season so there's really no way to know for sure. But the symptoms were all there.

Yes I believe I had it in February. Seems like it is becoming less deadly which isn’t uncommon. 

19 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Is it possible cases were much higher in March but we lacked test to capture them? We could possibly be in decline but yet we are capturing more cases through test. 

I think that this is certain to be correct, possibly everywhere but most severely in areas where the case load was the worst. In most areas, they were able to slow stuff down before you had scary exponential growth.

I think it's possible that we've kinda gone past a point where we can avoid a rather bad (possibly worse) situation here, but I guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Sure cases were higher in March than were reported but that doesn’t mean we are declining otherwise hospitalizations and icu capacity would be declining also. The virus doesn’t care if the person is tested and knows they have the virus , no matter how much trump wants you to believe. 

52 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yea that’s viruses do. Infect everyone indiscriminately. Every state had protests, only a handful are out of control right now, all of which opened early and carelessly. 

It’s NEVER going away so we either live with it or stay locked down until they have a vaccine which they may never have 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good for them 

So it’s possible? Not just EU most of the countries around the world figured it out. It starts with leaders at the helm wanting to lead, effort from the government agencies with testing and tracing and citizens willing to follow their lead instead of screaming my rights.