• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

6 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Apparently the US is the only place this viras has hit.

No but our numbers are skewed especially with under 50 age group. Either we have a different strain or we are padding the numbers a bit. Excess deaths doesn’t lie and it is not close to 130k

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

No but our numbers are skewed especially with under 50 age group. Either we have a different strain or we are padding the numbers a bit. Excess deaths doesn’t lie and it is not close to 130k

Ask the governor of Texas if he thinks they are skewing the numbers to effect a presidential election. 

7 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Where is the data coming from for this?

Just now, fishbulb said:

Where is the data coming from for this?

I posted it a few weeks back but the numbers have not changed much. Cdc post excess deaths on weekly basis. Oddly enough excess deaths are below covid numbers. Not impossible but highly unlikely all other forms of deaths are down so much 

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

I posted it a few weeks back but the numbers have not changed much. Cdc post excess deaths on weekly basis. Oddly enough excess deaths are below covid numbers. Not impossible but highly unlikely all other forms of deaths are down so much 

Link? I'm not disputing what you're saying, FTR. I think there could be an explanation is all.

Also a little more focus on procedures in these places. 50% of the deaths occurred in old folks homes despite accounting for only 11% of infections. Over 82% of all covid deaths are over 75 years old. Focus the energy on providing shopping hours and deliver services to limit old folks exposure. Do this and little Timmy can play baseball without a mask with or without covid. He can also safely get an education in the fall. 

49 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Do you really think Biden is in his basement to save lives ? All these dem politicians locked everyone down until a racist virus broke out. Suddenly they cheered as thugs looted in the streets. They even joined several protesters. The party of the black man encouraging black Americans to gather in the streets with the supposedly  deadliest pandemic in 100 years. Either the dems truly hate blacks or the virus is being exaggerated a bit. Since corona has emerged every other ailment known to man has decreased. 120k dead with corona and every other disease is -30k combined. We need to put things in perspective and protect the elderly. I’m ok with mask wearing in enclosed environments but stop over estimating mask  effectiveness. Ultimately it is the distance.  Material, fit, and cleanliness all play a role and most mask wearers are failing in at least one of those areas. 

Ok then

28 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I just looked at the table data on the CDC site. With rounding up and down to the nearest 1k, there have been 129k excess deaths since mid March, and that's with data lag for the last few weeks I'm sure. That lines up, man. I bet there are plenty of places where death rates are down due to being shut down and limited COVID exposure, too. Auto fatalities were probably down considerably,  hence the lack of action in the auto thread.

2 hours ago, fishbulb said:

I just looked at the table data on the CDC site. With rounding up and down to the nearest 1k, there have been 129k excess deaths since mid March, and that's with data lag for the last few weeks I'm sure. That lines up, man. I bet there are plenty of places where death rates are down due to being shut down and limited COVID exposure, too. Auto fatalities were probably down considerably,  hence the lack of action in the auto thread.

The excess chart does show over 100k. I am looking at this chart and we are 6% above expectations since feb. which is about 73k excess deaths. Covid is credited with 109k on this chart. Also interesting they dont isolate pure covid deaths. I am not denying this is killing people but I believe there is a 25-30% mark up on the death toll.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

so I started a mask factory here in California, big machines, etc  

hard to find people, if you had a job, you are either still working or getting paid more than $15hr for unemployment

I dont have the most talented people, but is nice to give some a 2nd chance, also some funny discussions 

One big discussion/dilemma was "what is 14 times 3?"

guy 1 - hey Joey whats 14 times 3 ?

guy 2 - how the F am I supposed to know that???

guy 1 - you see man, this is what happens when we rely on MACHINES too much man

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Less than 10,000 deaths on the entire continent of Africa. Must be the mandatory masks at their Trader Joe’s. 

I’m guessing they were dying from some other virus that causes you to die from anal blood loss 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

The government can't even run the post office and you want them to run our healthcare system?

I just think our current system is laughably bad compared to the rest of the developed world. I see a doctor once, then spend the next 8 months arguing with insurance about who has to pay what and how much. It’s ridiculously inefficient and way more expensive than it should be.

8 hours ago, angelinkc said:

The excess chart does show over 100k. I am looking at this chart and we are 6% above expectations since feb. which is about 73k excess deaths. Covid is credited with 109k on this chart. Also interesting they dont isolate pure covid deaths. I am not denying this is killing people but I believe there is a 25-30% mark up on the death toll.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

You aren't doing a good job of breaking those numbers out. Everything you need to make sense of those numbers is right there in that chart and in the notes below it.

C'mon man.

tenor-1.gif

There isn't a country in Africa that has more than half the population of the US, and that's only Nigeria. Every other country has a third of the population at most.

Also Africa is roughly 3 times the size of the United States so social distancing is basically a feature. 

Also AIDS.

50 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There isn't a country in Africa that has more than half the population of the US, and that's only Nigeria. Every other country has a third of the population at most.

Also Africa is roughly 3 times the size of the United States so social distancing is basically a feature. 

Also AIDS.

And Ebola.