• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

3 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

So it’s possible? Not just EU most of the countries around the world figured it out. It starts with leaders at the helm wanting to lead, effort from the government agencies with testing and tracing and citizens willing to follow their lead instead of screaming my rights. 

Fact: Americans value their liberty more than their health. It’s always been that way and not likely to change anytime soon 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fact: Americans value their liberty more than their health. It’s always been that way and not likely to change anytime soon 

Maybe but the New England states were able to do a good job controlling the virus and those were Americans following the lead of leaders willing to lead.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did he happen to say what he would do when masks aren’t enough?

Nothing is "enough". Masks and social distancing simply decrease the chances of spreading it.

As you said it's not going away. A vaccine may come in 2-3 years but it's not likely to eradicate the virus. 

Whether we like it or not, the world has changed because of this. Nothing is going to go back to the way it was. Keeping things locked down is absolutely not the answer. But throwing out hands up in the air and just saying "well nothing we can do" isn't either. Masks are going to be a thing for a long time. Social distancing will be a thing for a long time. 

That's really all we can do. But unfortunately plenty of selfish c*nts out there refuse to do any of this because muh freedoms, so it's never really going to get better. 

Wash your hands, carry hand sanitizer, use Lysol. And wear a fucking mask. Jesus H. Christ.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Nothing is "enough". Masks and social distancing simply decrease the chances of spreading it.

As you said it's not going away. A vaccine may come in 2-3 years but it's not likely to eradicate the virus. 

Whether we like it or not, the world has changed because of this. Nothing is going to go back to the way it was. Keeping things locked down is absolutely not the answer. But throwing out hands up in the air and just saying "well nothing we can do" isn't either. Masks are going to be a thing for a long time. Social distancing will be a thing for a long time. 

That's really all we can do. But unfortunately plenty of selfish c*nts out there refuse to do any of this because muh freedoms, so it's never really going to get better. 

Wash your hands, carry hand sanitizer, use Lysol. And wear a fucking mask. Jesus H. Christ.

I don’t like people so social distancing is cool with me. 

Yes it’s not really being shut down it’s being responsible. Wearing a mask, going to work and coming home, going to get the essentials and back. You don’t need to sit at the bar to have a beer, drink at home. No gatherings with people you don’t know. And if you are contacted and told you may have been exposed to quarantine your ass. Pretend this virus is an std transmitted through droplets. But this starts with the president leading by example, acting like he cares and communicating a clear message to the people he leads.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you look at diabetes, heart disease and obesity rates I think it’s more than half 

Ehhhhhhhhh. If we're going to include those people why not include smokers with lung cancer, people who drink alcohol, and drug users. Now we're at like 90% of the country. 

People do things that are bad for them but it's not always because they don't care about their health. Or I should say it's certainly not because they care more about freedom than their health. 

2 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yes it’s not really being shut down it’s being responsible. Wearing a mask, going to work and coming home, going to get the essentials and back. You don’t need to sit at the bar to have a beer, drink at home. No gatherings with people you don’t know. And if you are contacted and told you may have been exposed to quarantine your ass. Pretend this virus is an std transmitted through droplets. But this starts with the president leading by example, acting like he cares and communicating a clear message to the people he leads.

That's going a bit far, I think. At some point people need to live their lives again. Going out to eat, hanging out with friends, having a drink at the bar etc...are all a part of having a happy life. 

Just wear a damn mask and stay away from large groups. Also wash your hands.

That's going a bit far, I think. At some point people need to live their lives again. Going out to eat, hanging out with friends, having a drink at the bar etc...are all a part of having a happy life. 

I agree with this. Not just for Covid but for all infections

Edited by Jason

I’m not saying forever but longer than we did before the states started to reopen. Remember those reopening criteria that the Coronavirus task force came out with? None of the states actually followed them before reopening. 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ehhhhhhhhh. If we're going to include those people why not include smokers with lung cancer, people who drink alcohol, and drug users. Now we're at like 90% of the country. 

People do things that are bad for them but it's not always because they don't care about their health. Or I should say it's certainly not because they care more about freedom than their health. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I agree with this. Not just for Covid but for all infections

Yeah I mean I don't think it's that difficult.

I love going to breweries and having a beer or 9. But I'm not going to go in there if there's like 25 people crammed in. I wouldn't do that anyway because people are gross.

Also I'm single I gotta fuckin date wtf am I supposed to do? "Hey you wanna Netflix and Quarantine?" 

27 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah I mean I don't think it's that difficult.

I love going to breweries and having a beer or 9. But I'm not going to go in there if there's like 25 people crammed in. I wouldn't do that anyway because people are gross.

Also I'm single I gotta fuckin date wtf am I supposed to do? "Hey you wanna Netflix and Quarantine?" 

image.gif

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

It’s weird how only Trump supporters get it and spread it

Not only but that’s why I didn’t say full control I said better control. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out whose supporters wear masks less. That’s why he is against it because he believes that panders to his base. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

It’s NEVER going away so we either live with it or stay locked down until they have a vaccine which they may never have 

There are different ways of going about living with it, though. Asshats that can't deal with masks and distancing in at least the short term are further harming the economy.

2 hours ago, tennischmp said:

So it’s possible? Not just EU most of the countries around the world figured it out. It starts with leaders at the helm wanting to lead, effort from the government agencies with testing and tracing and citizens willing to follow their lead instead of screaming my rights. 

2 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Maybe but the New England states were able to do a good job controlling the virus and those were Americans following the lead of leaders willing to lead.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

Imagine if trump gave daily press conferences like Cuomo did

just curious, but do you find it a burden to make every post about one single recurring theme?

and also, how do account for people who don't want to follow wearing masks or practicing social distancing? what would you do to change that?