• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Torridd

9 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have a question.....

Let’s say they had signed Cole and not Rendon, but everything else would be exactly the same. 

How many more wins would you project for that team than this team?

Not much different, but the key is we need pitching and didn't do much to get it to date.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have a question.....

Let’s say they had signed Cole and not Rendon, but everything else would be exactly the same. 

It's questions like this that destroy angry narratives. Would you please be more sensitive in the future?

46 minutes ago, RBM said:

So do you think signing Rendon was a pivot after Gerrit Cole signed with the Yankees? I know Arte told Boras he was interested in Rendon but do you think he would have signed both? Rendon's deal was backloaded so maybe he thought Cole would do the same and he could partially offset it with the expiring contracts of Pujols and Upton.

Arte said he was interested in both, but it seems really hard to believe they could have done both. As it was they had to backload Rendon’s contract quite a bit and their offer to Cole had a lot of deferred money, so signing both seems like it was not realistic unless Cole wanted so badly to be an Angel that he’d make a lot of contract concessions to do it. 

18 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have a question.....

With him as our ace. He probably pitches 30 starts and wins let’s say anywhere from 15-20 games? What’s the avg starting pitcher win? 8-12 games? I’d say with him instead of Rendon this team wins another 5 games. Where Cole helps the Angels more is in the postseason where he could be a bonafide ace going against the other teams best pitcher. And you’d have to feel more confident having the better pitcher of the two. We’ve seen what a super star ace can do in a postseason series like what Bumgarner did a couple years back. Where he basically won that thing single handedly. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

With him as our ace. He probably pitches 30 starts and wins let’s say anywhere from 15-20 games? What’s the avg starting pitcher win? 8-12 games? I’d say with him instead of Rendon this team wins another 5 games. Where Cole helps the Angels more is in the postseason where he could be a bonafide ace going against the other teams best pitcher. And you’d have to feel more confident having the better pitcher of the two. We’ve seen what a super star ace can do in a postseason series like what Bumgarner did a couple years back. Where he basically won that thing single handedly. 

and then there's Kershaw, and Darvish. Even Cole lost his first start in the WS, but yea pitching is king in the playoffs...