• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

12 hours ago, RBM said:

Strange, but couldn't he still have had the buzzer on under the t-shirt he wore in the T9?

No clue, now idea how the buzzer crap works and unfortunately the only people that do are pretending they didn't cheat...   But pretty peculiar to not have an undershirt on, then have one on for two innings, then run and take it off before your at bats..    

Then again, Correa assures us that Altuve NEVER used the trash can...    

14 hours ago, Lou said:

ASTROS TEAM NAME BANNED BY TWO CALIFORNIA LITTLE LEAGUES BECAUSE 'PARENTS ARE DISGUSTED'

By Scott McDonald On 2/15/20 at 6:51 PM

https://www.newsweek.com/astros-team-name-banned-two-california-little-leagues-because-parents-are-disgusted-1487525

I wonder if the Marlins preceded them in being banned because people are disgusted by them.

Increased punishment?

So, throwing at an Astros player because of this is worse than throwing at a player that flipped his bat or ran over a catcher?   It's a "hate crime"?   Dumb.  

Astros batters got hit 66 times last season.  They'll get hit roughly every other game this year, too.  How many times is an opposing pitcher going to get fined or suspended when they don't deserve it?

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

It will be interesting to see how the fans choose to vote for players this season. Can’t wait to see the 2020 All Star ballot. 

Hadn't thought of that. I could see them being shut out.

The players and commissioner's office choose the pitchers and reserves.

5 hours ago, ScottT said:

Increased punishment?

So, throwing at an Astros player because of this is worse than throwing at a player that flipped his bat or ran over a catcher?   It's a "hate crime"?   Dumb.  

Astros batters got hit 66 times last season.  They'll get hit roughly every other game this year, too.  How many times is an opposing pitcher going to get fined or suspended when they don't deserve it?

Nevermind this.

Just listened to the entire interview with Manfred/Ravech.   Increased punishment for all beanballs. I'm in favor of that. 

On 2/13/2020 at 8:03 AM, yk9001 said:

Trout isn't capable of being a vocal superstar, so i wouldn't expect it.  It wouldn't be hard for even Trout to do more than nothing.

This would be a perfect example of him taking an active leadership role in the sport he plays.  It would be a perfect time to create any kind of national persona except "best player to never win a playoff game".  Or "Eagles season ticket holder".

I agree 

JD Martinez: Criticism of Astros is a bit much, time to move on.

Oh, and the commissioner’s punishment was harsh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28724451/red-sox-jd-martinez-thinks-astros-bashing-bit-much%3fplatform=amp

I wonder if this might have something to do with a report that will be coming out next week.

1 hour ago, the dude abides said:

JD Martinez: Criticism of Astros is a bit much, time to move on.

Oh, and the commissioner’s punishment was harsh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28724451/red-sox-jd-martinez-thinks-astros-bashing-bit-much%3fplatform=amp

I wonder if this might have something to do with a report that will be coming out next week.

That has to be the most self serving tripe ever....    

"We need to move forward but let's not do anything that might impact me"

These guys really should stop talking.

53 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

These guys really should stop talking.

For the love of the game, everyone should stop talking about it. The players, fans and the press should be concentrating on 2020. Baseball needs to get back to being family entertainment. STFU and Play Ball!

Edited by RendZone