• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

First Altuve was shy. Then his wife didn't want other players ripping his shirt off. Now it's an "unfinished tattoo." People are already ridiculing that excuse, so I imagine we will hear a new one soon. 

Have you ever caught a child doing something like stealing a cookie out of a jar or throwing his green beans in the trash? Even when you flat-out tell him that you saw him do it, he will deny it all day long. It's almost impressive how committed he is to the lie. That's where I'm at with these Astros. 

There's only one reason for someone who keeps changing their story.  They are lying....trying to come up with the most believable excuse.   Yep it is the same deny, deflect, and attack the accuser thing liars do. I imagine at some point in the season, reporters will be TOLD they cant bring up the situation at all.  It will be their fault to not just let it go.  If they handled it better and took more responsibility it would be easier to let it go.  

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

There's only one reason for someone who keeps changing their story.  They are lying....trying to come up with the most believable excuse.   Yep it is the same deny, deflect, and attack the accuser thing liars do. I imagine at some point in the season, reporters will be TOLD they cant bring up the situation at all.  It will be their fault to not just let it go.  If they handled it better and took more responsibility it would be easier to let it go.  

Saw some people posting beach pics from 2019 of Altuve and other players shirtless. No collarbone tattoo. 

Next week: “He had it removed because it looked bad.”

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Saw some people posting beach pics from 2019 of Altuve and other players shirtless. No collarbone tattoo. 

Next week: “He had it removed because it looked bad.”

I saw it too but the picture was from July of 2019, so unfortunately it doesn’t really prove anything.  

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

Nope. Corrective measures for a few issues were recently taken by the owners of a few teams by firing managers and coaches for cheating scandal and illegal drug usage. That and the policy changes is most likely what the commissioner  was ordered to do by his bosses. (the owners) He’s done his job.

are you seriously implying that Ausmus got fired because skaggs died?  

Baker asks MLB to prevent 'premeditated retaliation' against Astros

Simon Sharkey-GotliebFeb 15 2020, 11:49 AM

The Houston Astros will be walking around with targets on their backs in 2020, and manager Dusty Baker is already trying to keep his players safe.

With many opponents publicly blasting the Astros for their illegal sign-stealing methods in previous seasons, Baker - who was hired last month - appealed to Major League Baseball on Saturday to help prevent an on-field incident.

"I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to the seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker said, according to Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle. "In most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt.

"It's not good for the game," he continued. "It's not good for kids to see it. I think both: stop the comments and also stop something before it happens."

Baker added that the Astros won't "start anything" with opponents on the field this season.

Gee thanks, Dusty

59 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

are you seriously implying that Ausmus got fired because skaggs died?  

I believe that the entire season was part of his employment review. He completely lost control of the team after Skaggs death. Arte saw Maddon was available and sent Ausmus packing. You bet the Skaggs incident upset Arte. 

Edited by RendZone

Just now, RBM said:

I think the reason Ausmus is not the manager this year is because Arte has a personal relationship with and great respect for Joe Maddon, Maddon was available and Arte told Eppler to hire him. 

What if everything went right last season. Playoffs and no death. Would Maddon be here?

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

Baker asks MLB to prevent 'premeditated retaliation' against Astros

Simon Sharkey-GotliebFeb 15 2020, 11:49 AM

The Houston Astros will be walking around with targets on their backs in 2020, and manager Dusty Baker is already trying to keep his players safe.

With many opponents publicly blasting the Astros for their illegal sign-stealing methods in previous seasons, Baker - who was hired last month - appealed to Major League Baseball on Saturday to help prevent an on-field incident.

"I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to the seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker said, according to Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle. "In most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt.

"It's not good for the game," he continued. "It's not good for kids to see it. I think both: stop the comments and also stop something before it happens."

Baker added that the Astros won't "start anything" with opponents on the field this season.

Gee thanks, Dusty

Yeah let's make sure nothing happens to our precious cheaters...    After all they won fair and square.

4 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah, shut the fuck up cody!

Wow, the only Astro who came across as sincere and like he knew how to make an apology just blew himself up. Couldn’t even keep silent for a week. Remain silent and appear wise or open your mouth and remove all doubt you are a fool. Guess we know which path Correa and the Astros are choosing. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

this will only get worse for them. Pathetic 

Nope, Bellinger and anyone else that has an opinion should voice that opinion.  How he performed doesn’t take away the fact that he cheated.  Lets put it this way, if it was found out that the Royals cheated in 2014 against us, should we exclude Trout from commenting because he didn’t have a good series?  Bellinger was a 21 year old rookie in 2017, Trout was 22 in 2014, in his 3rd year.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nope, Bellinger and anyone else that has an opinion should voice that opinion.  How he performed doesn’t take away the fact that he cheated.  Lets put it this way, if it was found out that the Royals cheated in 2014 against us, should we exclude Trout from commenting because he didn’t have a good series?  Bellinger was a 21 year old rookie in 2017, Trout was 22 in 2014, in his 3rd year.  

And it’s been pointed here numerous times that the Dodgers are just a bunch of chokers.

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

It's a bad look for Bellinger. Everyone knows what the Astros did but he looks like a whiny bitch when you know how poorly he played. He's displaying a lack of personal responsibility.

Dude had a 59% K-Rate in the series.

Ok, so Trout shouldn’t be able to speak out if the Royals cheated in 2014?