• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

53 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Probably not, but once again, fuck the Astros.  

So if they retaliate and peg Trout or Ohtani in the head and cause a serious injury it will have been worth it? I just don’t see the point in all this. Play the game taking the high road and prove that you can beat them on the field fair and square. In reality the cheating scandal didn’t affect us anyway. 

Edited by RendZone

31 minutes ago, RendZone said:

So if they retaliate and peg Trout or Ohtani in the head and cause a serious injury it will have been worth it? I just don’t see the point in all this. Play the game taking the high road and prove that you can beat them on the field fair and square. In reality the cheating scandal didn’t affect us anyway. 

So you went from wondering why the Angels Organization didn’t speak out against the Astros to taking the high road, got it.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you went from wondering why the Angels Organization didn’t speak out against the Astros to taking the high road, got it.  

Speaking out and using retaliation on the field is two different things. I wouldn’t condone that. You’re kidding yourself if you think the Astros ruined our season. 

29 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Speaking out and using retaliation on the field is two different things. I wouldn’t condone that. You’re kidding yourself if you think the Astros ruined our season. 

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.    And once again, fuck the Astros.   

Gotta wonder how much the league is going to allow players to deal with this on their own. Will there be an increase in HBP against the Astros this season? Will there be more suspensions for hitting Astros players? The spineless commissioner has created a situation where players are going to want payback. It’s gonna be messy this season.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

The problem is the MLB/Manfred made this edict of holding the teams and not the players responsible back in 2017. They didn't suddenly announce it when Friers blew the whistle in 2019.

So, once again none of this happens without team management. There is no cheating scandal if the Astros front office didn't set it up. It is impossible for the players to do what they did without the team orchestrating it. And it is impossible for it to happen again without a team's front office orchestrating it.

The MLB is in a really tough spot now. I think they need to discipline Jim Crane. Maybe it's two years suspension or maybe they force him out completely. They need to ban Luhnow and Hinch for life. Maybe Manfred needs to go also.

They need to treat e-cheating in real time like they treat gambling. Zero tolerance. And then move forward.

sorry but that's hot garbage.  

If your boss allows you or helps you do something illegal or unethical then you should both be punished.  I don't care if he/she is the one that orchestrated the whole thing.  The players knew it was wrong and not only did some go along with it or turn a blind eye, but many participated in created fairly elaborate schemes to make it work more effectively.  

I know it was complicated with other factors that weigh into the process, but that shouldn't have mattered.  

MLB has effectively done what they punished Hinch for.  Taking the easier way out because the hard way was far more complex 

3 hours ago, ScottT said:

They would not have learned what they did if they didn't give players immunity.  They would have had a huge fight on their hands with MLBPA if they tried to suspend certain players.... and all of em knew.....so how does that work 

MLB fucked up. By allowing this to go down so easily. But their response  since has been ok.

They didn't learn anything new by giving them immunity anyway.  You think any of the Astros players gave them the whole truth as to what went down?  All they did was confirm the stuff for which there was already a ton of evidence.

Pretty good deal for the players.  Can't get punished, and without anything viable to contradict their statements, they give the league about 25% of the truth and make the investigators happy.

The league will officially have become a joke when pitchers and managers start getting suspended for drilling Astros hitters, and have therefore suffered a greater punishment than guys who actually cheated the game for 3 years.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

So you think this is a league wide problem and the commissioner's report was an attempt to cover it up?

Sorry you interpreted it that way. No, I believe everything that has transpired, like the 1950's value fine of $5 million, the players exemption from discipline, the lack of responsibility for the last two seasons of cheating, the refusal to revoke their World Series and divisional titles, along with the players not taking any responsibility for their actions, all of that is at the will and direction of Manfred. 

He is the commissioner of baseball and has the power to revoke the Astros franchise from ownership that knew what was happening. He could and should have lifetime banned the coaching staff along with the GM and assistant GM. He should have suspended the main players for their actions, revoked awards earned during the last four years. 

Instead he swept this all under a rug and expects the fan bases of every other team let it go and accept the Astros got away with it.

Fuck him. 

I agree that management should have received lifetime bans because they could have stopped it and allowed it to occur in the World Series.

Seems MLB believes that baseball fans will just forgive and forget and move on.

Baseball fans never forgive and forget.

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sorry you interpreted it that way. No, I believe everything that has transpired, like the 1950's value fine of $5 million, the players exemption from discipline, the lack of responsibility for the last two seasons of cheating, the refusal to revoke their World Series and divisional titles, along with the players not taking any responsibility for their actions, all of that is at the will and direction of Manfred. 

He is the commissioner of baseball and has the power to revoke the Astros franchise from ownership that knew what was happening. He could and should have lifetime banned the coaching staff along with the GM and assistant GM. He should have suspended the main players for their actions, revoked awards earned during the last four years. 

Instead he swept this all under a rug and expects the fan bases of every other team let it go and accept the Astros got away with it.

Fuck him. 

It’s the Billionaires club that put him in charge. He helps them coverup all types of scandals. They love him and none of the owners (the people that really run baseball) are asking for his removal. Manfred is a highly paid puppet. 

1 minute ago, RBM said:

I agree with all of this but we are where we are with the players because it was so poorly handled by Manfred/MLB. It may end up costing Manfred his job.

I think the MLB should begin treating E-cheating in real time like they treat gambling. Zero tolerance with lifetime suspensions.

Manfred is doing what he’s been asked to do. He’s the middleman between the powerful owners and the powerful players union. His job is safe because he worked with both sides to move forward. It’s over and the baseball games will soon be played. 

Just so we are completely clear, I would have no problem with the players policing the game if the commissioner isn’t going to do it.  As it is the players are pissed off about what transpired.  The owners absolutely are and for some reason are choosing to uphold the gag order.  That will last until one owner speaks out then you’ll see others speak out.  If baseball keeps getting negative press you can bet your ass the owners will remove Manfred.  

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just so we are completely clear, I would have no problem with the players policing the game if the commissioner isn’t going to do it.  As it is the players are pissed off about what transpired.  The owners absolutely are and for some reason are choosing to uphold the gag order.  That will last until one owner speaks out then you’ll see others speak out.  If baseball keeps getting negative press you can bet your ass the owners will remove Manfred.  

Nope. Corrective measures for a few issues were recently taken by the owners of a few teams by firing managers and coaches for cheating scandal and illegal drug usage. That and the policy changes is most likely what the commissioner  was ordered to do by his bosses. (the owners) He’s done his job.

You’ve been wrong over and over and over again.  This will be another one of those times.  If the game continues to get shit on and if the players continue to talk shit to the media about the Astros then Manfred will either have to reopen the investigation or he will be fired.