• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you disagree if Eppler...

Torridd

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

...doesn't want to trade our valuable chips for pitching or do you think we should keep Marsh/Adell at all costs?

If our GM has missed an opportunity to improve the front of the rotation with any of these trade chips and our existing pitching gets hammered this season it will be Eppler’s head to lose. I just don’t think Trout is going to like missing the postseason again. 

10 minutes ago, Torridd said:

...doesn't want to trade our valuable chips for pitching or do you think we should keep Marsh/Adell at all costs?

Definitely need to keep Adell without a doubt. At this point I want to keep Marsh too. There are other starting pitchers we can obtain that will make the team better, I am not worried about it. If we can pick up a good young catcher like McGuire or perhaps Barnhart or someone like them I'd be pleased.

I may be putting out a short series on starting pitcher targets soon too to show people there are other good choices, even though they are not named Gerrit Cole.

6 minutes ago, RendZone said:

If our GM has missed an opportunity to improve the front of the rotation with any of these trade chips and our existing pitching gets hammered this season it will be Eppler’s head to lose. I just don’t think Trout is going to like missing the postseason again. 

Cole never wanted to play for the Angels. Wheeler, Bumgarner didn't want to be here, Ryu was way too much. Keuchel? who knows. 

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cole never wanted to play for the Angels. Wheeler, Bumgarner didn't want to be here, Ryu was way too much. Keuchel? who knows. 

We’re talking about trades. There’s nothing about Adell or Marsh that could’ve helped us get any of the guys you mentioned but if there was a DeGrom, Kluber or Clevinger that was out there for the taking and Eppler kept his bullets he had better have guessed right. 

Edited by RendZone

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don’t think it’s accurate that he never wanted to play here. He indicated otherwise to Fletcher. What I read was that Pettite made a huge impression on him in the Yankees meeting and really sold him on being a Yankee. I think based on the money he probably still ends up in NY, but I think it’s inaccurate to say he never wanted to play here. 

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I don’t think it’s accurate that he never wanted to play here. He indicated otherwise to Fletcher. What I read was that Pettite made a huge impression on him in the Yankees meeting and really sold him on being a Yankee. I think based on the money he probably still ends up in NY, but I think it’s inaccurate to say he never wanted to play here. 

If the Yankees didn’t get involved he would be in an Angels uniform. It’s a load of crap that he didn’t want to be here. I think that the Yankees had to go above and beyond to convince him to play in NY. They overpaid him big time.

1 minute ago, RendZone said:

If the Yankees didn’t get involved he would be in an Angels uniform. It’s a load of crap that he didn’t want to be here. I think that the Yankees had to go above and beyond to convince him to play in NY. They overpaid him big time.

Which is exactly why you self banned and are currently not posting, oh wait....

I just want to say out loud that being willing to trade Adell or Marsh does not mean endorsing a lousy deal where the Angels get taken.

I am absolutely willing to trade either of them if it is a fair trade that simply converts one valuable asset (or assets) into other assets that are needed more.

The Angels needs front line starting pitching more than they need future outfield depth.  That’s just the reality.

If you make a deal and it hurts a little giving up what you give up, then (hopefully) it is because what you are getting back is very valuable, and a better fit for your team’s specific needs.

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Most money, length of contract for a loaded team. Cole would have been stupid to pass it up. Angels fans where hoping that " he only wanted to play for a west coast team"  was true but it wasn't.  Keep Adell and Marsh . Take a chance with Walker and or Wood. Either one is capable of pitching as good or better than Boyd if they are healthy.

tough call.   

we need a true #1.  How many of those are out there and even if they exist, would they be available?  Most teams want to hang on to that type of player unless he's their only asset, their farm sucks, and the rest of their team is going down soon.  

so based on scarcity, you aren't getting a fair deal.  with that, I say hang on to them.  

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I just want to say out loud that being willing to trade Adell or Marsh does not mean endorsing a lousy deal where the Angels get taken.

I am absolutely willing to trade either of them if it is a fair trade that simply converts one valuable asset (or assets) into other assets that are needed more.

The Angels needs front line starting pitching more than they need future outfield depth.  That’s just the reality.

If you make a deal and it hurts a little giving up what you give up, then (hopefully) it is because what you are getting back is very valuable, and a better fit for your team’s specific needs.

Most of us feel this way.  The problem is the cost for front line starting pitching that is controllable is ridiculous and could cost us both of those guys.  At that point it is an overpay.  I say I would give up Adell for Buehler, it might cost both Adell and Marsh and then some.  That is how valuable they are on the trade market.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Most of us feel this way.  The problem is the cost for front line starting pitching that is controllable is ridiculous and could cost us both of those guys.  At that point it is an overpay.  I say I would give up Adell for Buehler, it might cost both Adell and Marsh and then some.  That is how valuable they are on the trade market.  

If they would’ve signed Cole or Strasburg, would you’ve then considered trading Adell and Marsh for another Ace? My thinking is that Cole would not be enough to win it all but 2 Ace’s change a lot of things. 

That depends 100% on the deal.
There are about 3 or 4 guys i trade Adell for.
Marsh more
But the reality is this, were going to need both soon, so unless its a home run slam dunk no brainer, you dont make the deal.
and as otehrs have said value for pitchers tends to be one sided to the trader so... idk i just dont see it not for an "ace" type guy, its going to cost too much. 

It all depends on the deal. Marsh for Boyd, Ray or Price is desperation and a severe overpay. Marsh for Lamet or Gray is pretty reasonable.

Marsh headlining a package for Clevinger would be a steal. Though as I have come to understand, there are some things that Clevinger really didn't like when he was with the Angels. So I don't see that happening.

As far as Adell goes. If it's a deal for Walker Buehler, I'd very strongly consider it. Anything else, don't bother, really.

Edited by Second Base

This is an exercise that we’re seemingly going to repeat ad infinitum.  I think almost everyone is open to trading guys.  The problem is that there is apparently no deals to be had that would be worth trading the very best players in our farm system.  

Edited by UndertheHalo