• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you disagree if Eppler...

Torridd

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

Weve had many discussion on the topics on the boards, im not segueing another one, go read those. 

We have?  

Other than you being willing to do Marsh for Mejia with us taking on Wil Myers contract I can't recall a single time you've named names.   I'd love to see these suggestions, maybe you can link to them?

No biggie.

57 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

So far, he’s built a team that has had 0 winning seasons, so you’re wrong

But 2020 will be different. We have the pitching. The offense. Defense. And relief pitching. This team is primed and ready for a big 2020 and beyond. We have a top farm system and guys who are in their prime now to make a push. Houston will be worse. Angels are the successor. 

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

But 2020 will be different. We have the pitching. The offense. Defense. And relief pitching. This team is primed and ready for a big 2020 and beyond. We have a top farm system and guys who are in their prime now to make a push. Houston will be worse. Angels are the successor. 

Dude pour me a cup of what you’re drinking 

97A32C1B-509D-4512-BD93-2B1486F53CC8.gif

20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

We do not have the pitching and Houston will not be worse. You sound like a homer. 

Try this on for size.

Angels trade Jo Adell, Griffin Canning, Patrick Sandoval and Jose Soriano to the Rockies for Jon Gray and German Marquez.

Angels get two mid rotation starters with top of the rotation upside. Gray with two years of control, Marquez with four years of team control. In return, the Rockies effectively punt on 2020, which they were forced into already, get their star CF to be flanked by Blackmon and Dahl, get two young pitchers in Canning and Sandoval, both of which figure into mid rotation starters in the long run, and a very projectable prospect in Soriano.

The Angels immediately will compete for the division title with those two atop the rotation, and despite losing Adell, they'll still have Marsh, who helps balance out the lineup being lefty, and they still have Jordyn Adams as the outfielder who will inherit Upton's spot in a couple years. Sustainable.

Angels rotation projects to be Gray (2), Marquez (4), Ohtani (5), Heaney (2), Teheran (1), Bundy (2). 

Once Pujols is off the books, they can use that money to extend Gray, and it gives them two additional seasons to develop more starting pitching when they'll need to replace Heaney and Bundy. If they use their 10th overall pick on a college starter this upcoming draft, that shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by Second Base

50 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

“2019 will be different”

17 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

We have?  

Other than you being willing to do Marsh for Mejia with us taking on Wil Myers contract I can't recall a single time you've named names.   I'd love to see these suggestions, maybe you can link to them?

No biggie.

Thats actually one of the fringe ones as a last resort...  but ill mention a few to be fair since you asked politely 🙂

For me if were going to make a trade, , im not obsessed only with a so-called "ace".  We need to put the best team we can out there every night, and not be top heavy one out of every 5.  I would be equally happy getting along term answer at C and another mid rotation type.

I've spoken about a deal with the Cubs here often, in numerous varieties around Contreras Chatwood Quintana, ive spoken in favor of trying to get Stroman from the Mets,  Even the Dodgers for one of their young catchers, and yes, San Diego as they also have a wealth behind the plate.

Right now i see an everyday catcher as a bigger need than another SP, but i dont expect many here to agree with me on that.

What im not in favor of is any deal that is hugely imbalanced that addresses the short term need for an ace but hurts the long term such as the rumors for Clevinger etc... giving up 4 guys in the future plan for one isnt something i would do.

In truth, Im not sure at this point how viable any of them really are anymore with moves that have been made in that time while we wait and consider options as other teams make moves.

At this point i see 2 options, lowballing with a combination of Castro/Walker/Wood or some form of a large blockbuster trade to address our weaknesses.  I hope Eppler with his insight sees more options than i do, and actually acts on one of them.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think what @Inside Pitch was asking is what prospects would you give up.  If you had to give up Marsh to get Stroman do you do it?  Those types of things. 

Fair enough.  And to put this to rest ill say this, I would be hesitant to give up Marsh or any other top prospect for a person on a 1 year deal, as would most i think unless it was the so-called "final piece" which right now he would not be.    I dont think we match up well with the Mets to be honest as much as i think id like to see him in Halo red i think thats next years FA discussion. 

I've been much more in favor of some form of deal with the Cubs as we have what they need (2B) and can take the money they want to shed, and they have what we need.  If we can swing a deal with them that doesnt involve taking back Heyward, I would give up Marsh and Rengifo if it got us Contreras and either Quintana or Chatwood or some other part like Schwarber who could perhaps play a little 1B/DH/OF.  I do not do it if were looking at talking any part of Heywards money. 

Thats the kind of deal i would consider for him or almost any other of our top kids... no one year rentals, no bloated contracts (unless it fills multiple holes), and no desperation craziness (Clevinger).  This isnt a one year plan. 

I'll defer on any other deals unless you have a specific one you wish to discuss.  

On 12/30/2019 at 10:31 PM, Second Base said:

It all depends on the deal. Marsh for Boyd, Ray or Price is desperation and a severe overpay. Marsh for Lamet or Gray is pretty reasonable.

Marsh headlining a package for Clevinger would be a steal. Though as I have come to understand, there are some things that Clevinger really didn't like when he was with the Angels. So I don't see that happening.

As far as Adell goes. If it's a deal for Walker Buehler, I'd very strongly consider it. Anything else, don't bother, really.

Clevenger doesn’t gave a say on where or if he is traded. I would think that a team trading a TOR pitcher would want young pitching in return which the Angels don’t have. The Angels need to do a much better job of evaluating and developing pitching if they are going to have TOR arms. 

Adell should be untouchable and Marsh only be traded for high end pitching. 

If you’ve got a pitcher who has made it clear he doesn’t want to play for your team, it’s maybe unwise to trade for them, ntc or not.

That said, I think the ‘Clevinger hates the Angels’ narrative is overblown. He was unhappy about how he was treated while he was here, sure, but who is still here that was around then? He wasn’t in the majors then, either, and the front office that dumped him is 100% gone. Now maybe in the hypothetical conversation, the Angels might bring that up (probably not) to see whether he’s just against the logo regardless of whether anyone is the same from then.

Tbh, his domestic issues seem like more of a reason to pass on him, IMO. Doesn’t seem like the kind of guy Arte wants on the pitching staff if the allegations against him by his ex are accurate. 

50 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

Clevenger doesn’t gave a say on where or if he is traded. I would think that a team trading a TOR pitcher would want young pitching in return which the Angels don’t have. The Angels need to do a much better job of evaluating and developing pitching if they are going to have TOR arms. 

Adell should be untouchable and Marsh only be traded for high end pitching. 

Trout and Ohtani are untouchable. Adell is highly valuable and has an opening. There's a gigantic difference.