• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Latest on pitching

Pancake Bear

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Rosenthal report was a few hours earlier I believe ... I could be wrong 

I kinda had a feeling SD would jump in; they have been trying to land Kluber since last year. We can’t compete with their farm in a trade. 

call me crazy but I keep circling back to a Wil Myers Trade. I saw MLBtraderumors notes the Pads are trying to get rid of Hedges as well. What about Myers, Hedges, and Morejon (mid rotation or better upside) for something like Thaiss and the Pads eating a decent amount of the Myers contract. We get a high upside polished starter that’s pretty close to Major league ready, our starting catcher, and a part time 1st baseman, OF, pinch hitter in Myers. Sign Ryu, Castro, and Miley and call it an off-season. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

I kinda had a feeling SD would jump in; they have been trying to land Kluber since last year. We can’t compete with their farm in a trade. 

call me crazy but I keep circling back to a Wil Myers Trade. I saw MLBtraderumors notes the Pads are trying to get rid of Hedges as well. What about Myers, Hedges, and Morejon (mid rotation or better upside) for something like Thaiss and the Pads eating a decent amount of the Myers contract. We get a high upside polished starter that’s pretty close to Major league ready, our starting catcher, and a part time 1st baseman, OF, pinch hitter in Myers. Sign Ryu, Castro, and Miley and call it an off-season. 

They aren’t likely to dump Stassi that quickly, I don’t think. I’m guessing they’ll target a veteran like Castro or Maldonado and call it a day at catcher. 

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Just saying, the Yankees clearly aren’t prohibitive favorites if they haven’t signed him yet.

The team is reportedly interested in signing Martin Maldonado, a catcher on the Houston Astros in 2019 that worked extremely well with Gerrit Cole. Cole had a 1.57 ERA in innings that Maldonado caught him.

But at the same time, the team feels really comfortable using Kyle Higashioka as the backup. Higashioka previously served as the “third catcher”, primarily playing with the Railriders but getting called up in September and when Gary Sanchez hit the IL.

Which one is the better fit?

In my opinion, it’s Higashioka.  Higgy has spent a lot of time with Yankees pitchers, and you can’t make a decision to sign somebody based off one player. If they were to sign Maldonado, they would need him to fit well with all pitchers, not just Cole.

I guess they're deciding between these two catchers.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I too am getting worried.  We are obviously going to get a couple of arms, I am just not sure we are going to like who those arms are.  Someone like Teheran and Miley and I don’t feel good about typing either of those names.  

i am not a reactionary person and i'm not one to call for eppler's head after every little thing goes wrong, but teheran and miley would get eppler fired in 2020/21.

43 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i am not a reactionary person and i'm not one to call for eppler's head after every little thing goes wrong, but teheran and miley would get eppler fired in 2020/21.

This very well could be true.  I think you’ll see an overpay or a trade if those were the two options.  

On 12/14/2019 at 10:57 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

No chance that’s true. 

I guess the Angels will end up with Keuchel and Robbie Ray. 

Just a guess. 

Four lefty starters?  Keuchel is a no-brainer. I would be checking with the Pirates on Jameson Taillon, with the Marlins  for Urena. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, Dochalo said:

he missed all of last year and pitched on the last day of the season.  He should be reasonably recovered.  

I saw that somewhere erroneously. He hasn’t pitched since 2017, except for the little bit of time at the end of 19, though so at best it’s a minor league invite.