• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mickey Callaway to the Angels as pitching coach

Who is going to be the bench coach?

Well, the first LA Times story reporting that Maddon was getting the job (not the stories about the press conference announcement - the story about a week before that) -- had a lot of glowing quotes about Maddon from DiSar.

DiSar was a coach on.Callaway's NY Mets staff (was he first base coach ? Hopefully he wasn't third base coach -- Loved DiSar as a player but for us the two years he was third base coach, I think we had more guys thrown out at the plate than any other MLB team -- and we had guys cut down at third as well -- he was a total disaster the two years he was Halos third base coach) -- 

Anyway -- that initial LA Times story full of DiSar quotes praising Maddon sure read like either a job interview for Bench Coach or a job application for the job.

Not sure if that approach is going to work or not --

but with the Callaway hire, don't be surprised if DiSar rejoins the Angels once again in some capacity,

6 hours ago, disarcina said:

Well, the first LA Times story reporting that Maddon was getting the job (not the stories about the press conference announcement - the story about a week before that) -- had a lot of glowing quotes about Maddon from DiSar.

DiSar was a coach on.Callaway's NY Mets staff (was he first base coach ? Hopefully he wasn't third base coach -- Loved DiSar as a player but for us the two years he was third base coach, I think we had more guys thrown out at the plate than any other MLB team -- and we had guys cut down at third as well -- he was a total disaster the two years he was Halos third base coach) -- 

Anyway -- that initial LA Times story full of DiSar quotes praising Maddon sure read like either a job interview for Bench Coach or a job application for the job.

but with the Callaway hire, don't be surprised if DiSar rejoins the Angels once again in some capacity,

No!

12 hours ago, disarcina said:

I have heard nothing about possible bench coach candidates so this is totally my opinion...

If I had a 65-year old manager, I’d want a young bench who could be groomed as the successor. 

Eric Chavez?

Wheeler seems like he’s going to be such a top target for so many teams, it is seemingly really unlikely the Angels land him, regardless of Cole or not. 

I do think Maddon will really help tip the scales for some FAs. He has the presence and rep to make a difference. Perhaps Callaway and Wheeler have something strong enough to help draw him here as well. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:41 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have heard nothing about possible bench coach candidates so this is totally my opinion...

If I had a 65-year old manager, I’d want a young bench who could be groomed as the successor. 

Eric Chavez?

that would make perfect sense. Almost too much sense -

which means it probably won't happen.

I expect to see DiSar perhaps back in the Halos fold - maybe in a role he would do better at -- roving minor league infield instructor/ minor league player development director.