• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bold words from Eppler and Maddon

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

there is something to be said about changing the narrative from 'we hope to be competitive' to 'we are going to be championship caliber'.  It's probably word smithing to some degree but as a fan, I sorta like it.  

I’d much rather see them go into the season believing that they can win a championship than a second wild card. I’m on board. Maddon made the Rays competitive for years. I think he can do the same right here. 

4 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Billy Eppler: "We are thrilled that Joe is coming back home... We believe Joe will be a great asset for our Club and look forward to him leading the team to another World Series Championship."

Implying that they now understand and admit that it was Joe that led them to the first ,and only, World Series Championship. 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I hope. Man that would be a winning formula. That said, pitching pitching pitching. I'll take a lesser upgrade at C on the cheap if we can bolster the rotation. 

But man, Grandal would improve our lineup immensely. 

Cole/Wheeler/Jason Castro would fit the bill. Castro would be an upgrade at C.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:19 AM, angelsnationtalk said:

They can afford Cole/Wheeler but i don't think they can also afford a guy like Grandal. You think they can?

can and will are two different things.  I don't think they'll spend that much to get all three.  Even though I'd like to see us get Wheeler, I think they'll go with a cheaper option for the 2nd arm they add and also bring in someone like d'Arnaud at maybe 6m per for 2 years.  

13 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

They can afford Cole/Wheeler but i don't think they can also afford a guy like Grandal. You think they can?

Arte can afford it, but will he is another question. He gets $150M a year from Fox, and then attendance of 3,000,000 fans, advertising, merchandising, concessions, parking, who knows what else.

53 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Arte can afford it, but will he is another question. He gets $150M a year from Fox, and then attendance of 3,000,000 fans, advertising, merchandising, concessions, parking, who knows what else.

Everything you say is true but I think he pays about a third of his tv revenue to revenue sharing so it’s closer to $100 million. Your point is still valid.