• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Joe Maddon to interview with Angels this week

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I wonder if they interview multiple sources to prevent any accusations of tampering.  

Tampering has nothing to do with how many candidates they interview. 

Plus, Maddon's contract doesn't expire until the end of October, so we would have to receive permission from the Cubs to speak with him (which we obviously did)

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

Tampering has nothing to do with how many candidates they interview. 

Plus, Maddon's contract doesn't expire until the end of October, so we would have to receive permission from the Cubs to speak with him (which we obviously did)

That's true.  I think what I was trying to say is if everyone thinks this is going to happen is there a chance that they believe it because they did something wrong, like meet prior to the end of the season.  

1 hour ago, Sean-Regan said:

@Jeff Fletcher Any word on who the other three interviews are with? And am I reading correctly that all four interviews are scheduled for today?

I see where you got that.

I think Nightengale probably phrased that poorly. I can't imagine they are doing four interviews in one day. Last year they spent 8-9 hours with each guy.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

and there it is.  

Claude creating narratives:

make it rain money GIF

“Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.”

This statement is what triggered the so called controversy. I seriously doubt that Maddon was ever on Eppler’s radar. He wasn’t part of his plan. 

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

“Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.”

This statement is what triggered the so called controversy. I seriously doubt that Maddon was ever on Eppler’s radar. He wasn’t part of his plan. 

Well you would know, right?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don't think they bring in a guy like Girardi when they are dead set on Maddon.  I think it is disrespectful and I am not even sure Girardi takes the interview.  I could be wrong.  As for who else would be, I don't see it being Chavez because they interviewed him less than a year ago.  Unless the idea is they hire Joe and replace Paul on the bench with Chavez.  I could see Gallego and possibly Washington.  

It's hardly disrespectful. If Joe Maddon decided he doesn't want to manage the Angels and Arte wants a winner, and Billy wants someone he has a rapport with, and they both want someone with more extensive experience, then Girardi is a logical outcome.

I still think it's going to be Maddon. You just have to cover your bases. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It's hardly disrespectful. If Joe Maddon decided he doesn't want to manage the Angels and Arte wants a winner, and Billy wants someone he has a rapport with, and they both want someone with more extensive experience, then Girardi is a logical outcome.

I still think it's going to be Maddon. You just have to cover your bases. That's all.

yea, that makes sense.  

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I see where you got that.

I think Nightengale probably phrased that poorly. I can't imagine they are doing four interviews in one day. Last year they spent 8-9 hours with each guy.

That’s why I phrased it as I did. Seemed like very quick interviews. 

Guessing that’s a no to the other question then?

49 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would love to put Yelich in left field if he somehow became available.

Based on that statement alone, Calzone concludes that signing the Upton extension must have always really just been a temporary plan, just a placeholder for Yelich.

Again it was your conclusion that Maddon was always part of the plan. You make it seem like Ausmus was hired only temporarily until Maddon became available. 

“Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.”

11 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Again it was your conclusion that Maddon was always part of the plan. You make it seem like Ausmus was hired only temporarily until Maddon became available. 

“Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.”

I give up.  You have your narrative set and refuse to comprehend simple, simple things.