• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Joe Maddon to interview with Angels this week

14 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

This whole thing describes Ausmus as a remedy temp. 

My belief is that Eppler had every intention of keeping Ausmus as his long term selected manager. Arte didn’t like his first year results and with the timing of Maddon’s availability ordered his firing. Eppler had no choice. Arte is the boss. 

That’s ONE feasible narrative.

It is also the one that happens to be the most fun for YOU and your normal angle on things.

31 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

That’s ONE feasible narrative.

It is also the one that happens to be the most fun for YOU and your normal angle on things.

It’s inconceivable that Eppler would hire Ausmus as a placeholder. Remember that Eppler casted a wide net which means that he conducted a professional and thorough hiring process. Replacing Scioscia wasn’t to be taken lightly. Ausmus was his choice and a long term commitment was surely the plan moving forward. 

Edited by Calzone 2

So MLB highly recommends interviewing minorities....I mean fine, I guess. I think they should just interview who best fits their vision, and the fact that so many minorities are part of our present and history in this game that interviewing one would simply be a byproduct of that. It just seems silly they feel the need to tell teams to do that, particularly with a team that's owned by a minority and has already hired a minority GM in the past.

Shoot, we even hired a developmentally handicapped GM before with Dipoto.

Anyway, anyone have any guesses who the other three interviewees are?

My guess is Joe Maddon, Eric Chavez, Mike Gallego and Joe Girardi. I know they were looking at guys with more prior experience.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

So MLB highly recommends interviewing minorities....I mean fine, I guess. I think they should just interview who best fits their vision, and the fact that so many minorities are part of our present and history in this game that interviewing one would simply be a byproduct of that. It just seems silly they feel the need to tell teams to do that, particularly with a team that's owned by a minority and has already hired a minority GM in the past.

Shoot, we even hired a developmentally handicapped GM before with Dipoto.

Anyway, anyone have any guesses who the other three interviewees are?

My guess is Joe Maddon, Eric Chavez, Mike Gallego and Joe Girardi. I know they were looking at guys with more prior experience.

I think if MLB spent a day on AngelsWin and read a lot of these posts they would understand that we have developmentally handicapped fans.  

Are victims a minority?  If so we got that covered in spades (racist) in our fan-base as well.  

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't think they bring in a guy like Girardi when they are dead set on Maddon.  I think it is disrespectful and I am not even sure Girardi takes the interview.  I could be wrong.  As for who else would be, I don't see it being Chavez because they interviewed him less than a year ago.  Unless the idea is they hire Joe and replace Paul on the bench with Chavez.  I could see Gallego and possibly Washington.  

35 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

It’s inconceivable that Eppler would hire Ausmus as a placeholder. Remember that Eppler casted a wide net which means that he conducted a professional and thorough hiring process. Replacing Scioscia wasn’t to be taken lightly. Ausmus was his choice and a long term commitment was surely the plan moving forward. 

Nobody said they hired Ausmus as a placeholder and nobody said that replacing Scioscia was taken lightly.

I think you don’t quite understand the point so I will leave you in your own confusion.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Nobody said they hired Ausmus as a placeholder and nobody said that replacing Scioscia was taken lightly.

I think you don’t quite understand the point so I will leave you in your own confusion.

It was you that said that all of the decision makers decided long ago that if Maddon became available they would make that move. That’s a pretty clear indicator that Ausmus was a temporary manager.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Give the other 3 candidates a laurel and hearty handshake, and wish them well.   Except for Chavez, give him an interview as bench coach. 

Billy: Joe, here is the key.   In Joe we trust.

Joe:  Thank you Billy, it's good to be back home again.

Candidate 2 appointment 11:00 to 11:10, candidate 3 appointment 11:15 to 11:25, candidate 4 appointment 11:30 to 11:40

Then press conference announcing new manager at noon.

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

It was you that said that all of the decision makers decided long ago that if Maddon became available they would make that move. That’s a pretty clear indicator that Ausmus was a temporary manager.

Your confusion is tiring.

All I said was it is feasible and believable that the Angels, given their 31 year relationship with Maddon, might always have been interested in, and would continue to be interested in, having Maddon manage this team.  And that once he became available, they WOULD consider moving on from a one year relationship with a guy like Ausmus.

Either you get it or you don’t.

By all means keep arguing.  Let’s see how you manage to mininterpret this again.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Your confusion is tiring.

All I said was it is feasible and believable that the Angels, given their 31 year relationship with Maddon, might always have been interested in, and would continue to be interested in, having Maddon manage this team.  And that once he became available, they WOULD consider moving on from a one year relationship with a guy like Ausmus.

Either you get it or you don’t.

By all means keep arguing.  Let’s see how you manage to mininterpret this again.

What relationship did Eppler have with Maddon again? I’m confused. He is the GM (in charge of all player personnel decisions) or is that also Fake News.