• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Joe Maddon to interview with Angels this week

I just can't get excited about anyone in particular as the next possible manager, Maddon included.  If they sign him, okay - great. If not, that's fine too.  Just don't bring in a loud mouth like Ozzie Guillen or Bobby Valentine.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sure, everyone here is aware.

You just don't see it in print very often.

I mean, no,  I see it on every baseball post on twitter, FB, message boards, whenever the Angels are brought up it is one of the very first things said, right after it being “criminal” that the Angels don’t put better talent around Trout.  

My point Jay is that the crowd you reach here on AngelsWin has it sunk at a very deep level.  I’m not sure that post would be profound anywhere else as it has been stated time and time again.  

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I just can't get excited about anyone in particular as the next possible manager, Maddon included.  If they sign him, okay - great. If not, that's fine too.  Just don't bring in a loud mouth like Ozzie Guillen or Bobby Valentine.

I’m happy that Maddon is basically a sure thing, because the thought of Ozzie Guillen being our manager is almost too much to handle.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean, no,  I see it on every baseball post on twitter, FB, message boards, whenever the Angels are brought up it is one of the very first things said, right after it being “criminal” that the Angels don’t put better talent around Trout.  

My point Jay is that the crowd you reach here on AngelsWin has it sunk at a very deep level.  I’m not sure that post would be profound anywhere else as it has been stated time and time again.  

whatever, you can have the last word as always.

4 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Kind of not true.

I look at consistency, strike one, working quickly and how he does with runners in scoring position both with a lead. But, what I think is more makeup is how he does behind in the game!

That’s great. But there are probably only 2-3 relievers at any time who you like, so you’re only going to use them?

Honest question.  Can the Angels just hire Maddon or does the league required them to interview others first?  Isn’t there some policy or rule regarding interviewing minorities or something?

And is so, how insulting and patronizing to the others given the circumstances of Maddon and Angels.

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Honest question.  Can the Angels just hire Maddon or does the league required them to interview others first?  Isn’t there some policy or rule regarding interviewing minorities or something?

And is so, how insulting and patronizing to the others given the circumstances of Maddon and Angels.

I don’t think it’s an actual rule but teams are strongly encouraged to interview minorities or at least explain why they didn’t. 

And in this case, all of the stuff suggesting Maddon is the only one they want is unattributed media assumptions. Eppler was very careful to say that’s not true. It’s  just that no one believes him. 

The Angels also need to look at other guys because other teams will also want Maddon and it’s possible he gets a better offer. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think it’s an actual rule but teams are strongly encouraged to interview minorities or at least explain why they didn’t. 

And in this case, all of the stuff suggesting Maddon is the only one they want is unattributed media assumptions. Eppler was very careful to say that’s not true. It’s  just that no one believes him. 

The Angels also need to look at other guys because other teams will also want Maddon and it’s possible he gets a better offer. 

Thanks.  I guess I mean if the Angels meet with Maddon and it is just obvious the two sides want to make a deal, do the Angels have to worry about the league “frowning upon” them moving quickly and making a deal?

I get that other teams are interested but it is also very feasible that Maddon and the Angels could reach an agreement fast.  I really really doubt the Angels are going to play poker on the money side of this and are more likely to hand him an offer he doesn’t need to shop or negotiate.

12 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think that the Angels front office shouldn't let Maddon leave the meeting without a deal.

I wonder how much rope Eppler has left. Arte hired Dipoto but then took Scioscia’s side when the wheels fell off. Now Arte fires Ausmus and is most likely the driving force to replace him with Maddon. 

So who’s in charge? It’s going to be another year of transition. 

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Thanks.  I guess I mean if the Angels meet with Maddon and it is just obvious the two sides want to make a deal, do the Angels have to worry about the league “frowning upon” them moving quickly and making a deal?

I suppose it’s possible but I wouldn’t expect it to happen. 

I know we’re all impatient but it really doesn’t matter if the Angels hire their manager on Oct 7 or Oct 10. 

5 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Kind of not true.

I look at consistency, strike one, working quickly and how he does with runners in scoring position both with a lead. But, what I think is more makeup is how he does behind in the game!

And also in a tie game late?    Seems like closers can struggle sometimes, when it's a non-save situation. 

26 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I wonder how much rope Eppler has left. Arte hired Dipoto but then took Scioscia’s side when the wheels fell off. Now Arte fires Ausmus and is most likely the driving force to replace him with Maddon. 

So who’s in charge? It’s going to be another year of transition. 

Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.

I get annoyed as hell when the manager brings in a pitcher and then the pitcher blows the lead. God I hate that shit. It's really not that hard: Bring in a guy who isn't going to blow the lead. Fuckin dumbasses.

Also, when the manager brings in a pitcher who proceeds to throw the pitches he calls from the dugout and blows the lead, it's almost as if the manager is the one who blew it. Managers should be the ones who get a "Blown Save".

Wake up sheeple.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Or Eppler is just fine and all the decision makers in the organization were all in agreement long ago that Maddon becoming available could trigger a move at manager.

I’m assuming that Eppler is an integral part of the decision making. I don’t think he hired Ausmus and told him that it’s his job to manage the team until Joe Maddon becomes available. 

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

I’m assuming that Eppler is an integral part of the decision making. I don’t think he hired Ausmus and told him that it’s his job to manage the team until Joe Maddon becomes available. 

What are you talking about?  Nobody said anyone told Ausmus it was his job unless. . .

I was just addressing:

1). your assumption that there is friction or trouble between Eppler and Moreno 

2). that Arte is the ONE behind firing Ausmus

Maddon has a 30 year relationship with this organization.  It isn’t hard to imagine the culture would be that if he ever became available he would be a priority.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What are you talking about?  Nobody said anyone told Ausmus it was his job unless. . .

I was just addressing:

1). your assumption that there is friction or trouble between Eppler and Moreno 

2). that Arte is the ONE behind firing Ausmus

Maddon has a 30 year relationship with this organization.  It isn’t hard to imagine the culture would be that if he ever became available he would be a priority.

This whole thing describes Ausmus as a remedy temp. 

My belief is that Eppler had every intention of keeping Ausmus as his long term selected manager. Arte didn’t like his first year results and with the timing of Maddon’s availability ordered his firing. Eppler had no choice. Arte is the boss.