• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Brad Ausmus

mmc

4 hours ago, Mark68 said:

You have to wonder (or at least I had to wonder) if Ausmus' dismissal could be because maybe he didn't mesh well with a certain superstar center fielder, and that certain superstar center fielder could have made a suggestion to Eppler and/or Arte. I'm sure that if Trout felt like Ausmus wasn't going to work, and voiced that to upper management, then upper management would make the change.

I'm not suggesting at all that this happened, I just believe it to be somewhat plausible. 

That doesnt sound like Trout.

4 hours ago, Dick Enberg said:

Though he was able to survive the major 2016-17 organizational shakeup, and help a few notable pitchers turn in quality campaigns, Butcher evidently wasn’t seen as the right voice moving forward. His departure isn’t part of a broader wave of change, as the remainder of the 2019 coaching staff is expected to return for 2020.

Apparently Butcher was seen as part of the problem at Arizona. Not surprising, considering that I don't recall a single pitcher making significant strides under his leadership here.

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I knew you'd be pissed about this. LOL

I don't believe Eppler is blaming Ausmus on the pitching staff and overall results in the W/L column. 

I believe that upper management saw some things they didn't like, you know like most of us did, so they didn't see him as a good fit going forward. You know, just like the Tigers did. 

A sweet little passive aggressive “I told you so”.  

Your critique of his time with the Tigers is pretty funny.  Blaming him for not having a bullpen and Scherzer getting lit in game 1 or the offense not scoring in game 3, but sure blame Ausmus.  It’s nonsense, but go for it.  

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Again, besides his manager decisions which you and I disagree on (I think he's awful across the board), if he's truly a shit inside the clubhouse or toward upper management, why wouldn't he be fired?

Based on the roster he was given, I agree that he shouldn't take the blame and get the boot, but I don't think that's why he was fired. 

Maybe we'll never know. Maybe we will later like we did with Dipoto vs. Sosh/Arte. 

I worked all day and am just now getting caught up, obviously I heard about the news of him being fired, but didn’t get a chance to respond until tonight.  Has it been reported that he was shitty or a “shit inside the clubhouse?”  Or is this speculation to try and get an idea of why he was fired?  

7 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

As long as Eppler is still GM and putting together a crap roster every offseason it really doesn’t matter who manages. 

Also, if we hire Farrell then I’m done

This isn’t the beginning of an argument, because like you said the roster is much more important than the manager, but who would be your ideal manager for the Angels assuming they upgrade the rotation significantly?  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This isn’t the beginning of an argument, because like you said the roster is much more important than the manager, but who would be your ideal manager for the Angels assuming they upgrade the rotation significantly?  

I’m cool with Maddon, but again unless they upgrade the rotation significantly there isn’t a manager on this planet that stands a chance. 

Near the end of the MS era I just wanted change/ a new voice. I didn’t blame him for losing with this roster. 

And I mixed up Farrell for Gibbons. Not that I want Farrell but it was Gibbons that I hate with a passion. Both managed the Jays and yeah. 

You?

6 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

This just shows more of the dysfunction of this franchise. Eppler hires his buddy as the manager for 3 years and fires him after 1. Most here think this is all Arte so once again, the people he employs to make the right moves aren't making the right moves. If he did indeed fire Ausmus and Eppler is the one that hired him, why would he then pick up Epplers option?

tumblr_noimq6coqx1tqkablo1_1280.png

His buddy now equals a guy he worked with for two years.  Fuck his other buddies he worked with longer and then brought over from the Yankees.  

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’m cool with Maddon, but again unless they upgrade the rotation significantly there isn’t a manager on this planet that stands a chance. 

Near the end of the MS era I just wanted change/ a new voice. I didn’t blame him for losing with this roster. 

And I mixed up Farrell for Gibbons. Not that I want Farrell but it was Gibbons that I hate with a passion. Both managed the Jays and yeah. 

You?

I’m fine with Maddon, after that I guess I would go either Showalter or a new guy given his first shot from a well respected organization, someone like that guy they looked at from Houston last year.  I don’t really think Maddon is any different than Scioscia, but I respected Scioscia more than most.  Maddon is Scioscia that will be quicker to play younger guys, and has a personality, that my guess won’t be appreciated when we lose a few in a row.  Showalter I liked because he seems like his teams are well prepared.  He seems to be a bit of a hard ass, but I don’t have to play for him.  He also has some fire, whether or not that works in today’s game I have no idea.  

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If Maddon gets the gig ... he’ll hire Scioscia as his bench coach.

Best Friends Love GIF by Pepsi

Based on what I heard, I think there is virtually no chance Scioscia comes back to the Angels.  There is a reason we haven’t seen him at all this year.  

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m fine with Maddon, after that I guess I would go either Showalter or a new guy given his first shot from a well respected organization, someone like that guy they looked at from Houston last year.  I don’t really think Maddon is any different than Scioscia, but I respected Scioscia more than most.  Maddon is Scioscia that will be quicker to play younger guys, and has a personality, that my guess won’t be appreciated when we lose a few in a row.  Showalter I liked because he seems like his teams are well prepared.  He seems to be a bit of a hard ass, but I don’t have to play for him.  He also has some fire, whether or not that works in today’s game I have no idea.  

You haven’t mentioned Girardi. How come? 

I didn't; mind the hiring of Ausmus - it was inevitable since the time they fired him as a special assistant to the GM or owner or whatever his title was for the time he spent in the front office watching the games with usually Eppler but sometimes Arte.

Ausmus was a care-taker choice from day one.

the good news is -- IF this firing is due primarily to dominoes falling because the Cubs let Maddon go -- then it may mean the care-taker managerial time frame is up.

If it's Joe Maddon  -- he's 65 and would not be here to bide time until 2022 or 2023 -- Maddon has other teams interesting in his services as manager -- teams that want to win NOW.

For Maddon to come here he must have gotten/ is getting a guarantee from Arte and Eppler that the Halos will be serious bidders for Cole, Strasberg, Bumgarner and trying to rectify the lack of a top of the rotation ace. It means the Ausmus care-taker manager time is cut from three years to one.  I think it means good news for Angels fans.