• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Betts for Adell?

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

This place is going to go apeshit if Adell ends up being more of a “Prime Melvin” type.

People would be upset to have a guy with a career OPS+ in the 120 range after 13 years?   I must be overestimating the intelligence of Angels fans.   

Just a reminder...  Angels top 10 Adjusted OPS+

. Mike Trout 176
2. Vladimir Guerrero 141
3. Fred Lynn 128
  Tim Salmon 128
5. Brian Downing 126
6. Bobby Grich 124
  Leon Wagner 124
8. Chili Davis 123
9. Torii Hunter 122
10. Wally Joyner 121

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Adell has the career Upton is having then he will be the 2nd best Angel of all time.  

If you mean home-grown Angels, then Salmon is probably number 2.  Still, if the worst thing that could be said about "Future Melvin" is that he was the third best Angels position player ever drafted after Trout and Salmon, then you're not really saying anything bad.

our time table is more along the lines of Adell's career time than Mookie Betts.

I don't see us being legitimate serious perennial contenders again until Pujols' playing contract is off the table and we can sign some top quality starters for the rotation.

so -- let's have Adell under club control for four five seasons and then try to extend him if he lives up to the build up over his upside.

Trout, Ohtani and Adell -- that's a pretty good core of players, Add some pitching,

54 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

People would be upset to have a guy with a career OPS+ in the 120 range after 13 years?   I must be overestimating the intelligence of Angels fans.   

Just a reminder...  Angels top 10 Adjusted OPS+

. Mike Trout 176
2. Vladimir Guerrero 141
3. Fred Lynn 128
  Tim Salmon 128
5. Brian Downing 126
6. Bobby Grich 124
  Leon Wagner 124
8. Chili Davis 123
9. Torii Hunter 122
10. Wally Joyner 121

If you mean home-grown Angels, then Salmon is probably number 2.  Still, if the worst thing that could be said about "Future Melvin" is that he was the third best Angels position player ever drafted after Trout and Salmon, then you're not really saying anything bad.

I’m talking about (Melvin aka BJ Upton) not Justin Upton. 

4 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

So you’re betting on Adell to put up MVP type numbers at some point in his career. Not that it matters because Boston wouldn’t bet on that. 

No, I wouldn't bet one that.

What I would bet on is the fact Betts will hit FA in roughly a year....

.... to trade a guy considered the number 2 or 3 prospect in baseball for a guy whos a FA after one year would be extremely stupid.

And I guarantee Boston would listen if the proposal popped up this winter. Their alternative is a draft pick. Once he hits FA.

If trout hadnt resigned, and had made it clear he was hitting FA, what youre saying is we shouldnt try to grab one of the most highly touted prospects out there in return for him?...

Its that kind of shortsighted thinking that got us into this mess. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As tdawg pointed out already, Upton in his prime averaged about a 130 OPS+. Nobody here is going to freak out about that.

And aside from last season, thats slightly above Mookies....

As I pointed out, I wasn’t talking about Justin, I was talking about his brother. 

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Haha literally nobody is going to believe that.

I definitely said “Prime Melvin” and Justin’s brother is who I was referring to. Adell is a talented prospect but people better be careful about touting him for greatness because it might not happen because life.....

3E111124-30B9-46DD-BFFB-5A2688DC0974.jpeg

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

... to trade a guy considered the number 2 or 3 prospect in baseball for a guy whos a FA after one year would be extremely stupid.

That should have been the end to the discussion on the first page and yet it has to be said continuously. We have a bunch of thickheaded people on this board.

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Porcello a FA, JD potentially one in 2019, and then Betts and Bradley both looming in 2021.  

Devers, Benintendi, Travis, Chavis and Bogaerts is a nice core of position players but yeah -- minus Betts and JD Martinez they would have a rough go of things in the AL East.

Toronto and Tampa are doing a really nice job of setting themselves up to compete.

the Red Sox have the luxury of buying their way out of that problem but starting pitching will be a problem for them.  They've already got a ton of money dedicated to Price and Sale.  Now with Sale's injury and Price performing like an ok middle of the rotation guy at best, it's gonna be interesting to see what they do.  

MLB trade rumors: Red Sox dealing Mookie Betts to Cardinals or Braves?

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/08/mlb-trade-rumors-red-sox-dealing-mookie-betts-to-cardinals-or-braves.html

Cue the hysteria in Boston.

Red Sox right fielder Mookie Betts, one of baseball’s brightest young stars, could soon be on his way out of Fenway Park. With just one full year remaining on his deal, Betts is a logical name to include in trade rumors when the offseason arrives.

MLB insider and former general manager Jim Bowden named Betts as the No. 1 big name that could be dealt this winter in a piece for The Athletic.

Here’s where Bowden thinks Betts could land...

... Betts could take the Braves from very good, to a team that could win 100 games and rival the Dodgers for the top team in the National League. For St. Louis, Betts could be the missing piece in the NL Central and National League.