• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus pulling pitchers early

It’s the bottom of the 4th with the Angels ahead 6-2 and Suarez is being pulled. He’s only thrown 69 pitches. I’ve been noticing this a lot and it’s starting to bug me. Some of our starters are being pulled way too early. I know our pitching isn’t that great but come on.... Skaggs was upset with his last start, Heaney should have pitched one more and Suarez just got an early yank. He won’t even qualify for the win. This is pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

With the same result I see.

In what way? Wins? How many would we have if Scioscia was manager? Your line of reasoning doesn't make sense to me. There are any number of variable that affect how many wins we 'should' have. Since I don't have that information and I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm speaking in terms of process. Ausmus' process is intelligent (whether it was his idea or the front office's, he's following this approach), Scioscia's was traditional (and the tradition was poorly thought out). 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

In what ways is Ausmus 'light years' ahead of anyone, let alone Scoiscia?

Scioscia left starters in too long despite data showing that after twice through the order, results get considerably worse. Scioscia was committed to having his best guy be 'the closer' despite the fact that that is poor asset management. Your best guy should go against the other team's best guys, whenever that is. Not saying that was unique to Scioscia, but the data was clearly there by the end and he didn't really use it. Ausmus has overall adhered to the move that gives them the best chance to win.

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

Right, because it isn’t a manager issue it is a talent issue.  

I have no argument about the issue of talent.

However if the results are the same with Scioscia moves and Ausmus moves than how do you measure which moves are better?

30 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Yes.  That is what I learned from this so far.  

I’ve learned 2 things so far:

1.  Our starters suck and they need to pitch more and;

2. Our bullpen is overworked and tired and need to pitch less.

Soooo, if we couple this into the topic of the games lasting too long, what are the chances of asking MLB to just shorten the games to 6 innings, like Little League?

53 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I have no argument about the issue of talent.

However if the results are the same with Scioscia moves and Ausmus moves than how do you measure which moves are better?

The strategy behind how he uses the bullpen is much better than Scioscia.  

On 7/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

He wanted to give every reliever a chance to have one more meltdown before the ASB. Pretty generous of him I'd say

Yes, that way they can go into the AS break and truly analyze their shortcomings. BRILLIANT!!!

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

According to your bias opinion.  If the results are similar how do you measure who was better?

I honestly do not think it matters which strategy you employ with this team because they are inconsistent with the strike zone. You cant really ascertain what they are capable of. Are they strike out pitchers or contact?  Do they get ground balls or fly outs? We dont know because they are wild. Most of the time they are down in the count and are forced to throw middle zone pitches that get hit over the wall. 

15 minutes ago, stormngt said:

According to your bias opinion.  If the results are similar how do you measure who was better?

My biased opinion?   Do you remember my opinion of Scioscia?  I’m pretty sure everyone else does.  

3 hours ago, #WeNasty said:

My biased opinion?   Do you remember my opinion of Scioscia?  I’m pretty sure everyone else does.  

Are you that aloof to not know "your bias opinion" means?

The point is your making your judgement without any objective standards.

Your post statements on Scioscia is irrelevant!

“Opposing hitters entered last Sunday only having faced an Angels starter or “bulk guy” a third time through the order in a combined 320 plate appearances (with opponents holding an OPS of .989 and 1.206 in those situations), an indication of Ausmus’ quick hook to try to avoid damage.”

https://theathletic.com/1070156/2019/07/10/i-appreciate-you-i-love-you-doug-whites-cutting-edge-ideas-to-improve-angels-pitching/ (paywall)