• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Path to the Wild Card

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Woah woah woah....62.5 million in deferred payments? Never mind, I changed my mind. Not unless Arizona covers the deferred payments and the trade assignment bonus. 

It’s about $105 million total plus the remainder of this season.  

27 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Woah woah woah....62.5 million in deferred payments? Never mind, I changed my mind. Not unless Arizona covers the deferred payments and the trade assignment bonus. 

The deferred is $12.5M per year. If I’m understand things correctly, since his base salaries are $31.5M in 2019, $32M in 2020 and 2021, a trade occurring today with no money exchanged would leave the Angels having to pay $2M trade bonus plus $8.5M for the rest of 2019, $19.5M in 2020 and 2021, and deferred $31.25M over the years 2022-2026.

1 hour ago, Jinzu said:

The deferred is $12.5M per year. If I’m understand things correctly, since his base salaries are $31.5M in 2019, $32M in 2020 and 2021, a trade occurring today with no money exchanged would leave the Angels having to pay $2M trade bonus plus $8.5M for the rest of 2019, $19.5M in 2020 and 2021, and deferred $31.25M over the years 2022-2026.

This is almost correct, the deferred money is I think 10.5M in 19, and 11M in 20 and 21. The Angels would be on the hook for around $80M (16 for 1/2 of 19, plus 64 for 20-21) with $27 (5.25-11-11)of that deferred. 

I’d imagine they ask for the D’backs to accept lower level or lower ceiling prospects instead of the upper tier guys if they eat all the money. 

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

That although the 2nd WC team did have 97 wins, only 91 were actually required to secure the final playoff spot. 

I don't think that was the point. He said "the third place WC team finished with 90" which is accurate, that was the Rays but they didn't make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

I don't think that was the point. He said "the third place WC team finished with 90" which is accurate, that was the Rays but they didn't make the playoffs.

So if the 3rd place WC team had 90 wins, what would have been the fewest amount of wins required for a team to claim the 2nd WC spot? 

Answer: 1 more than the 3rd place team. 

10 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Wrong... that was my point. A's team could've won 91, and still been the 2nd WC. Thanks @Lou

Assuming of course the team that finished with 90 wins did everything in their power to wins games until the last game of the season.  My guess is they didn’t since they finished 7 games behind the winner so they were mathematically eliminated with a week left in the season. 

15 hours ago, Second Base said:

I really have no interest whatsoever in Greinke part deux.  I would prefer someone who actually wanted to be here. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Assuming of course the team that finished with 90 wins did everything in their power to wins games until the last game of the season.  My guess is they didn’t since they finished 7 games behind the winner so they were mathematically eliminated with a week left in the season. 

They won their last 2 games, so I don't think they gave up on winning

13 hours ago, Lou said:

So if the 3rd place WC team had 90 wins, what would have been the fewest amount of wins required for a team to claim the 2nd WC spot? 

Answer: 1 more than the 3rd place team. 

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

Wrong... that was my point. A's team could've won 91, and still been the 2nd WC. Thanks @Lou

OK but the A's did win 97 games so in order to make the playoffs last year as the wild card the Angels would have needed 97+ wins

7 hours ago, floplag said:

I really have no interest whatsoever in Greinke part deux.  I would prefer someone who actually wanted to be here. 

Glad you prefer to have a losing team. Good call there.

Greinke doesn’t care where he plays, his primary focus is where he gets paid. That said, I doubt we could make the money work.