• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Doug White

Guys im pretty sure Doug White didnt tell anyone to throw gopher balls and set a quota for 2-3 home runs allowed every damned night. 
Blaming him is like blaming the high school coach for not beating the Red Sox in an exhibition game.  
You give someone reclamation projects to work with dont be shocked when they dont all work. 
something parts are on the scrap heap or readily available for a reason. and not everything can be fixed. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:11 AM, zenmaster said:

We have one of the worst team ERAs in baseball. Why isn’t this board calling for his head yet? I realize he wasn’t given the best hand but very few of our pitchers are having an average year or better. 

Last few years our pitching sucked because of injuries and we have no depth.

This year we do not have those devastating injuries.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Seems to me the main problem is pitchers who are pitching like shit.  Sure, I guess it’s disappointing that Doug White isn’t a magician. 

what they're throwing and the way they're mixed is different than previous years.  yet the one thing they all have in common is that they're worse than they were a year ago.  

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

what they're throwing and the way they're mixed is different than previous years.  yet the one thing they all have in common is that they're worse than they were a year ago.  

I don’t know man.  If it was that obvious wouldn’t it be kind of easy to roll back and get improved results ? Skaggs was great for the 1st half last year and then he was like this (I get he had the injury) .  Heaney gave us innings last year.  He was fine but I don’t  think you could describe him as much more then a mid rotation starter at best.   Which seem like a similar deal this year. 

What I find interesting is that outside of that 1st start this season Barria has been solid in really limited use this year.  They don’t seem to be very interested in giving him a slot in the rotation.  It was ugly at  salt lake.  But still.  Arguably their best guy in the rotation last year. 

I don’t have any answers here.  What seems abundantly clear is that the talent in the rotation isn’t good enough to support a playoff team.  Just gotta keep hoping Heaney and Skaggs live up to expectations at some point. 

Edited by UndertheHalo