• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Doug White

WE all had high hopes for Cahill and Harvey, the reality is that they were not realized and its damaged, perhaps ruined, this season for us at this point.
No one expected or even wanted to see Canning and Suarez here already.  They were supposed to be on the farm lengthening and developing now they are doing it under fire out of necessity. 
We hitched our wagon to hopes and its a miracle we are even still in the conversation about the wild card but this is that point when the front office needs to go to work.  The needs are obvious.  They need to decide if the season is worth the cost and take appropriate action. 
I dont think they will, i think they will band aid it and play for '20.  I've resigned myself to that and anything that actually happens will be a pleasant surprise but if they are already planning for 20 then so will I.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know man.  If it was that obvious wouldn’t it be kind of easy to roll back and get improved results ? Skaggs was great for the 1st half last year and then he was like this (I get he had the injury) .  Heaney gave us innings last year.  He was fine but I don’t  think you could describe him as much more then a mid rotation starter at best.   Which seem like a similar deal this year. 

What I find interesting is that outside of that 1st start this season Barria has been solid in really limited use this year.  They don’t seem to be very interested in giving him a slot in the rotation.  It was ugly at  salt lake.  But still.  Arguably their best guy in the rotation last year. 

I don’t have any answers here.  What seems abundantly clear is that the talent in the rotation isn’t good enough to support a playoff team.  Just gotta keep hoping Heaney and Skaggs live up to expectations at some point. 

Re: Barria.…..see Shoe....his AAA stats were crap too, and yet he contributed up here (especially in 2014).