• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Doug White

Just now, zenmaster said:

But none on the guy whose sole purpose is to coach the pitchers?

As a fan, I've gone thru many pitching coaches.  I wasn’t fond of Mike Butcher but his staff results were OK.  I actually thought Nagy was going to be a good hire, but I guess that didn’t work out.  Now we have Doug White, who’s resume is terrible and who I know little about.  This pitching staff hasn’t been great for several years now.  Maybe it’s coaching style, I don’t know.  

If at the  end of the year the staff still blows goats, then yes...can his ass.  Not sure how productive a mid season change would be.  That’s all

Look at the bigger picture. We’ve got a GM getting his first gig after a successful stint with Cashman and the Yankees who is finally going to have a little spending money and a pitching coach getting his chance to be the man. We’ve also got a fresh manager after 19 years. They’re getting to put their plans into action this year. Results haven’t been good but these guys all have pretty good seats to the games. They see the suckage up close. So now they can say that spin rate and four seamers up aren’t the answer. 

On the bright side it’s 75 games in and they haven’t shredded any elbows yet 

D9nok8vXUAEFwuD?format=png&name=small

This is a Phil Regan quote...   Noted old school pitching instructor..   

People want to fire White because they believe he's not impacting the pitchers -- at the same time the Angels minor league pitching has taken a HUGE step forward this year employing the same exact systems..    Maybe it's just a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks, or maybe we just picked up really dumb dogs..  But I have a hard time putting a tired RP corps on Doug White and IMO Harvey and Cahill fall at Eppler's feet.

I'm obviously no smarter than any of you guys, but watching LuCroy, I hate how he sets up and how he calls games -- I know he supposedly did wonders with the A's staff but like Doc, there have been way too many times where I've been able to predict what he would call and where the pitch would be...  Can't imagine MLB players arent finding it even easier to see the patterns.

For now I trust the process and have my doubts about the personnel (players)

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm obviously no smarter than any of you guys, but watching LuCroy, I hate how he sets up and how he calls games -- I know he supposedly did wonders with the A's staff but like Doc, there have been way too many times where I've been able to predict what he would call and where the pitch would be...  Can't imagine MLB players arent finding it even easier to see the patterns.

Ive been on the 'fire Lucroy' bandwagon since about week two, but Im only now linking my rage at terrible home plate umpiring with Lucroy being behind the dish...